The Three Fansite Ultimate Giveaway!

hahninator

Posted Image

For the first time ever in the LP fansite world, three of Linkin Park's biggest fansites (LPAssociation.com, LPLive.net, and LPTimes.com) have teamed up together with The Linkin Park Underground to bring you three amazing giveaways (and thus 3 chances to win)! Here's how it works...

On each site, there will be a different question for you to answer dealing with Linkin Park. Simply answer the question by replying to the thread, and you're entered! That's it! *ALL* three contests will include a free, regular LPU9 membership, AND a grand prize EXCLUSIVE to that site. So please be sure to check out both LPAssociation and LPTimes for more great chances to win! Please note, this contest is open to all LP fans (you too, international people!), and will only be open for five days (11:59 PM EST is the last time to enter on Saturday) so enter now before it's too late!

The question for LPLive.net is...

What is your favorite Linkin Park live moment and why? From 2000 to now, whether it's a show you've been to or not, what is your favorite moment of the band's live history?

Simply reply to this post with your answer and you're entered! A winner will be randomly selected from those who enter on Saturday, June 5, 2010.

And the prize for LPLive.net:

In 2003, as the band was rehearsing for the LPUnderground Tour (find the setlists and info from this tour on the 2003 page on the site), the band wanted to make sure the new songs from Meteora as well as Hybrid Theory were coming off in the best possible way live. Since this was the first time a lot of these songs were being played, they needed to make sure their crew prepared for them in the correct way. This is where our prize comes in. Our prize is something I have actually never seen before. It's two pages of "show notes" entitled "For Brad Divens - Vocal Effects", which basically lists the entire LPUnderground Tour setlist and what the FOH (live sound engineer, basically) should do on each song for the band. For example, on "Don't Stay", Chester needs vocal delay throughout the song, etc.

Signed by all 6 members, these two pages are something that, in my opinion, is much rarer than an actual setlist from the stage. You'll actually see bits of interesting information in these notes, like the fact that "Breaking The Habit" is included. It seems the band thought about (or wanted) to perform it in February and March 2003, but it actually wasn't played until November 2003. Wow. Also, check out the note on "Faint"....the band actually was thinking about Chester using a BULLHORN on the bridge of the song. How cool is that?

Pictures of our prize can be found here (page one) and here (page two).

Good luck!
Let us know what you think of the giveaway!

*For more information about LPU, visit LPUnderground.com. For the first time in LPU history, the LPU9: Demos CD is now available for download for ALL annual LPU9 members, including online-only members! Memberships start at just $15 and you’ll not only have access to the exclusive CD, but other member benefits including other exclusive downloads, contests, members-only online community, band member chats and more.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what shall i say.. INSANE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just a fucking big thanks to everyone participating in this!

my favorite moment got to be the bringing up of fans in whole of 2004, no matter if it was the guitar player on 'faint', a local fan to instruct the audience in the local language (german / portuguese / whatever) to sing 'go away' on 'A Place For My Head', it is simply the fact LP wanted to do so much with their fans back then!

Edited by sckofelng

What is your favorite Linkin Park live moment and why? From 2000 to now, whether it's a show you've been to or not, what is your favorite moment of the band's live history?

I went to PR2008 in Irvine with SEVEN friends and we all had pit tickets. I went to stand in line hours before main stage opened. That show was AMAZING. Pit wall for Linkin Park was GODLY. Chester threw out a can of monster water and Mike threw out a Monster towel. I caught both. Being that close to LP for an ENTIRE live show....speechless. Ill definitely never forget PR2008.

My favorite Linkin Park live moment has to be when they covered My Own Summer from Deftones. The song captured a certain vibe that Linkin Park had as a band and it was just a great choice for a cover. I remember listening to it every single day, despite how bad the quality was. My second favorite moment would have to be randomly meeting Samantha Bennington and Markku (Bassist from Hoobastank) at the Alltel Arena show in 2004 on the side of the pit. I didn't know who either of them were at the the time...and since then, Samantha is no longer with Chester and Markku quit Hoobastank. Guess I'm bad luck all around LOL I personally miss the 2000-2003 era of Linkin Park, perhaps it was just my youth that made all of their live experience seem so surreal but I felt like I could use that atmosphere as an escape from reality. Good times..

Edited by rav0k

well these prizes seem like things a collector would want. I'd rather not enter since the prizes are worthless to me and i'd rather let a guy who really want it win it.

Awesome initiative though.

Favorite live moment: When Jay-Z came out unannounced and performed Numb/Encore and Jigga What/Faint at MSG. No, I wasn't actually there, but when I heard about it, I was amazed. The audio and video shows that the crowd went INSANE. Just an overall epic moment.

BTW, The prize does not interest me at all so I just thought I'd say: Don't pick me. I just wanted to share my favorite live moment, but I think it's more fair to have someone who actually wants that win.

i have alot to choose from. one of my favorite live moments was PR04@ blossom music center in ohio. chester pulled me over the gate and i got to sing a chorus of figure .09. after the show he signed my arm and i got it tattooed the next day.

I'm from Vietnam and never been to any LP show but I've downloaded many shows thanks to LPLive.net. And my favorite LP live moment also my favorite moment of the band's live history is the show "KROQ Almost Acoustic X-Mas" on 09.12.2001 when they played 4 acoustic songs for the only first and only time ever. That was fantastic!!!

When I saw Live In Texas I was blown away by the stage pressance and complete power of the music it struck a chord in me and although I haven't been to a show. That moment will always stay with me because it shows how great and powerful they can be.

same here FarmTNT

almost acoustic christmas 2001 - that show was on my birthday and chester playing my decemberr that day was really priceless for me :)

great price btw, thanks for doing this.

good luck to everyone!

Edited by Tomer

it was the 1st time i saw Linkin Park live, 11th October 2007 in Auckland, New Zealand. after the opening band left the stage they set up this curtain then when LP was ready you could hear one step closer starting, and see the shadows of the guys on the curtain, was so extreemly exciting can remember it so clearly. the music suddenly stopped and it went pitch black, couldnt see a thing for about 2 seconds. when the lights came back on there they where, after all these years of waiting :). and the crowd went wild!

my favorite live moment hmmmm .... i think when i've seen guys in front of me on their first amazing show in St. Petersburg, Russia (2007). I remember my emotions when i was in a pit, when Joe, Rob, Mike, Brad, Phoenix and Chester appeared on the stage. That was really amazing and have high positions in my mind))) ;) ;) ;) cuz after 6 year listening of Linkin Park i did it /// i've seen live LP show by my eyes first time :P

Not a big story, but:::

My favourite live moment was back in 2008 in Prague (Czech Republic). That was my second LP show, but I was so excited, because the two or three previous shows before that one had been cancelled because of Brad's illness. I set out to Prague (6-7 hours driving) a day before the show still didn't knowing whether the concert would take place or not. Next day I got to the place the show were going to take place and met some of my online friends. It was so cool to meet them and have fun. While waiting for the gates to be opened for us to get in to the arena, me and a friend of mine saw a dragonfly flying around and we knew it was going to be a kick ass show :D ..thanks to our running and being in the first ones who had crossed the gates we got to the first and second line/row. So we could enjoy the show so close to us.

- Two days before the show we didn' t know whether it would take place or not, but at the end we got to the first rows. It was so great! :D

Edited by linkingabo

My favorite live show was my first and only show I've been to... It was the Stuttgart show and it was just so epic. I could never compare it to anything else or to any other lp show recording. It was just the greatest shit I've ever experienced :)

My favorite show/ moment of the band's live history has to be the first Linkin Park show I went to, which was in Athens (25-6-2008 right before European PR kicked in). By that time I had been listening to Linkin Park for 2 years and I did not believe I could ever see them live for the next 10 years. However they announced their first show here in Greece. Terravibe Park was packed with 35.000 people going crazy in every song. I remember the lights going out and how i lost my friends when they started off with One Step Closer, as the whole crowd dragged me away.I could feel everyone's energy and I could see people crying from joy,shouting and having their fists raised everywhere around me.It was huge. I was literraly speechless in the end. Being part of such a big show , with the band at its best and 35.000 people singing every song as loud as they can is priceless..and I consider it the best moment of my life.

Edited by VavourasLP

my favourite moment is about two years ago, when I was at LP show in Brno, CZ. It was the first Linkin Park show I've been to and it was great. I enjoyed all show with all songs, it was something fantastic for me... something unreal in that moment. And after all I'm still trying to repeat this feelings and go on another LP show.. hope to see them this year :)

Although I never have had the opportunity to see them live (I live in South America) I have seen A LOT of videos and concerts, and since 2000 until now, when I saw the concert " Sonisphere Festival '09" I felt that "In The End" already is an Anthem!. Mike always says: "sings Chester's part", but all the folks sing the entire song with a great power, maybe in other concerts is the same power, but when I saw this video for the first time, I felt more power there than the other. "In The End" has turned into a musical symbol!!!

There would be so many shows to name because every single LP Show is something very special.

For me there would be four live experience there to name: Hamburg 27.05.2007, Hannover 16.01.2008, Berlin 27.06.2008, Düsseldorf 28.06.2008.

My most special of these two were Hamburg and Berlin. Hamburg because it was my first one ever and just rocked the hell out of the arena although I was in the very last row in the whole thing. And Berlin because I had my only M&G (old style) with the whole band and met so many awesome people and the atmosphere was just unbeatable. I just loved being in Berlin and the Venue is just awesome. I can even remember how like 50 people went nuts for the last 3 songs, we lay in each others arms and jumped around like crazy.... Never forget this. Only thing I missed was, that they did not play Easier To Run, but they didn't play it for years, so who cares.

Just one thing to add. After the day of my favorite show in Berlin, I met my very best friend in Düsseldorf at the concert, so that's a special one. I can't even name a single Linkin Park show without a special moment I connect to that show, but just thinking about the atmosphere and all around I'd say the whole concert at Berlin, Waldbühne is my favorite Linkin Park concert experience/moment ever.

PS: this topic is no. 4.444 of LPL History

Edited by BlackChester

My favorite moment probably was the entire 2004 touring cycle. that was, for me, the best tour for LP. Hip Hop Melody, Wish, Breaking the Habit, new intros for Numb and Dont Stay, plus the fact that the entire band rocked out at almost every show. Classic old school LP.

My favorite Linkin Park live performance is the one held on July 21st 2009 in Athens Greece. It was my second time seeing LP live but what made this performance so special was the fact that I got the chance to hear Hands Held High live. It was only the first verse over the reanimated intro of Crawling but this song means a lot me so hearing it live actually made me cry. It was one of the moments I'll never forget. Another reason that made this concert so special, was that I attended it with my LPU buddies! I'm sure you can imagine how awesome it is to meet with the people from the LPU, share the same emotions and feelings. It was simply a blast! :D

As for my favorite moment of the band's live history, I'd say it is when they played Numb, during Live In Texas, in front of thousands fans of Metallica. It was truly a risk to take out on the stage the keyboard and sing such an emotional song. But no matter what, the crowd loved it! :D

My favorite Linkin Park moment has to be the encore of their second concert in Athens. I remember being all excited when Faint ended and then Rob gives the sign to begin One Step Closer. That simply blew me away! No matter how tired I was, no matter the heat and need for some water, I had to give it all!

P.S Great giveaway! :D