The Three Fansite Ultimate Giveaway!

hahninator

My favorite live moment was in St. Petersburg, Russia in 2007. It was my first Linkin Park show and it was the most exciting show ever. It took me 2 days to travel to St. Petersburg from my city but finally I was there. I met a lot of internet-friends from differents towns and cities of Russia, Ukraine, Belarus etc. I'm sure I'll remember that day forever :wub:

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell yeah!!!

That moment in Stuttgart really got me good. I really liked that. Encore break, then bam New Divide with the intro and the crowd goes crazy for the new song!! then Faint and everyone goes absolutely just insane! I felt like I was going to die in the pit from the dust, heat and no water in the middle of Faint. Went crazy on the end of Faint and then, Rob taps the cymbal 3 times and here comes One Step Closer. That's the best encore they have ever done in my opinion. New Divide (synth intro), Faint (outro) and One Step Closer (outro). Amazing. Everyone around me was singing, jumping, hands in the air, yelling, smiling, it was something that I will always remember. Whoever came up with that encore setlist, wow. I hope they have something that good in 2010.

You know it! I loved their 2009 setlists but thee only problem for me was that they were very short.. They played 21 songs in Greece the first time they came and last year only 18. But that could be because some shows had the mini encore by DBS, which automatically makes it over 20 songs. Let's hope the setlists grow bigger and the shows last longer with their new tour!

My favorite Linkin Park Live moment is the first and only time I saw them live. This was a show during the Meteora World Tour 2004 in Manila. The band's performance was spectacular and the quality of the show's lights and sounds were excellent as well. Also, this might be the only time I'll be able to see LP in my life so that makes it even more special.

Q:What is your favorite Linkin Park live moment and why? From 2000 to now, whether it's a show you've been to or not, what is your favorite moment of the band's live history?

A: I reckon that the concert I attended last summer in Shanghai is my favourite Linkin Park Live Moment. One of the reason is, that's my first time ever joined their concert (or any other foreign artists' concert). After they performed POA, Chester said to the croud: We're very happy to be back here in Shanghai, thanks you guyz for having us. Since this is the second time they've been in Shanghai, you can imagine how crazy we are after we heard this.

Yeah, also I remembered that Chester shouted out 'SHANGHAI' in one song's intro/outro (can't remember clearly) in the live bootlegs, that was epic too.

P.S. I also like the moment when I visited Mike's blog few days after the show, and he put up some fan-pics of the show, and saying thank to us.

http://mikeshinoda.com/2009/08/15/linkin-p...-shanghai-2009/

Edited by AStarkson

What is your favorite Linkin Park live moment and why? From 2000 to now, whether it's a show you've been to or not, what is your favorite moment of the band's live history?

that must be linkin park live AAC kroq 2007 its so good but my favorite from the set is hands held high when the kids and chester comes in its so WOW i think i am going to cry when i hear it the rest of the show is also pretty insane also the intro to no more sorrow with the drummers

i was'nt there but it felt like i was

Edited by nikolajlaulp

What is your favorite Linkin Park live moment and why? From 2000 to now, whether it's a show you've been to or not, what is your favorite moment of the band's live history?

Probably the first concert I went to, even though Chester was sick. This was the Oklahoma City - February 29th 2008 show. It was on a Friday and I missed school just to see them. Even though Chester was sick and was about to cancel it meant so much to me that he didn't cancel, I traveled all the way from Houston, TX to see them live and it was one of the best experiences of my entire life. There was so much energy from the crowd, it made me happy to see Chester and the guys so pumped for the show.

My favorite moment was in 2004. "Rock am ring Germany". That show was amazing. Full of energy and power. Chester singing and screaming, Mike with his rap and hip hop and all the rest of the band with their amazing skills. That year was great and that show was insane

My favorite LP live moment:

I actually have two.

1. San Francisco, California Summer Sanitarium 2003. My first LP show. This show has a lot of memories for me, and also came at a very difficult point in my life. Three days before the show one of my closest friends died after an accident in her home and I was devastated. Being able to go to a show and scream at the top of my lungs was therapy. I didn't really know all that much about LP at the time, but I was in the pit for their performance and I was won over immediately. The stage presence and the crowd reaction was amazing. I have been to a lot of shows, and this was the first time that any band came out and said hey, girls have as much right to crowd surf and what not without being groped for it, Chester used more colorful words, but having them say that was great.

2. Mountain View, California Projekt Revolution 2008. This was the night Brad decided to play a joke on Rob and let him go on playing his drums a bit longer than was planned. I was in the crowd that night, and I knew enough that something was going on because of the recordings that had been released already from the tour. I could see Rob's face on the big screens and the look he had was priceless. I only wish I could have been in LA the next night to see Rob's revenge on Brad.

My Favorite moment and best show and best day of my life

was in 2004

at Morumbi stadium

when chester get one Brazilian flag and put in his hands

was one EPIC MOMENT for everybody present in the stadium

My favorite must be when they played at Milton Keynes in '08. I wasn't there, but they played so many of their best songs there, in an awesome way. I especially liked the part of Bleed It Out where Mike and Chester told the audience to repeat what they said, and Brad's drum solo kicked ass. When they played Points of Authority with petrified's lyrics over, I thought: "Man, this is so awesome!" and I walked around rapping "How ya doin' all, my name is Mike..." in many weeks after that, because it was so catchy and awesome. The way they started the show was cool too, with a riff that developed to be One Step Closer. Jay-Z's guest appearance was very good too. :lol:

July 27, 2008 at Nissan Pavillion: 'In The End' and 'One Step Closer.'

Large crowd, blaring speakers, temperature in the 90's, and most had been there for hours. The set was nearing the end (though not quite) and the crowd had been loud and into it the entire performance. Then we get to 'In The End.' The piano riff starts and a gigantic yell comes from the crowd. Every line from Chester's lips is also on the lips of every single person in the crowd. Then we get to the bridge "I Put my trust in you. Pushed as far as I can go. For all this, there's only one thing you should know" and Chester points the mic at the crowd. Loud and clear you can hear the entire crowd, including my self, rocking the bridge in almost perfect harmony. It was amazing. Chester joins back in the for the final chorus and the crowd keeps going.

And then, the opening and main rift for 'One Step Closer' starts. The crowd just loses it. As you can guess, every single person in the crowd is singing along with every line and when we hit the lines "Shut UP!" we are screaming just as loud as Chester and head banging to Mike and Brad on Guitar.

That was my favorite Linkin Park moment.

My favourite live moment from a Linkin Park show is from Live in Texas during P5ing me A*wy...Even though I wasn't there in person, I felt that feeling. The song is very deep and when I hear Chester and Mike singing it from the bottom of their hearts, it sends shivers down my spine! "When I look into your eyes there's nothing there to see, Nothing but my own mistakes staring back at me..." Very powerful lyrics and I can relate them to my own personal life. It brings tears to my eyes watching LP playing this song on film and I wasn't there to feel the real atmospere.

sadly i havnt been able to see them in concert, but iv watched some online and stuff and one of my fav moments is when jay-z walks out during their collision course performance. its just like an awesome moment

I have not had the chance to see Linkin Park live. But watching the videos uploaded by fans on the Internet and DVDs of the band, I would be thrilled to see them live while playing their best successes IN THE END, Crawling, Numb, Faint and all the songs that are possible. My favorite moment of seeing live Linkin Park Live In Texas was in 2003, was the first concert and first DVD where I saw them play Faint, Crawling, IN THE END, was one of the best concerts I saw.

I live in Barcelona and I have never been to a LP concert, but I have to say that it is one of my dreams. So though I haven't had a favourite live moment in the flesh and blood, what I do have is the first time I listened to Linkin Park in concert when I bought Live in Texas for Xmas 2003. I still didn't "know" LP as I know them now, for example I hadn't heard of reanimation. I remember putting the DVD in, with the beautiful cardboard case still in my hands and oberserving the art of the cover and booklet, and that was when I knew LP was a band like no other, the energy, the variety, the music...

I have a hard time choosing a favourite song, but Pushing me away from Live in texas is just amazing, It is my favourite live moment, and song. The way it is filmed is so beautiful and when you close your eyes to just listen, you get lost in every note and word. Simply Linkin park at it's best.

My favorite Linkin Park concert experience was August 3rd, 2004, in Camden, NJ. I had been following the band on Projekt Revolution that summer, and this was my 5th show on that tour (14th LP show ever for me), and just like every other night of the tour before that, the whole show was amazing. But then when it came time for them to play "Faint", they changed it up, and started asking for a fan to play. They picked my buddy Jason, and I'll admit, I was bummed, because that had been a dream of mine since I was a freshman in High School. Then, and I dont know how, Jason messed up, and played the wrong thing on guitar, so they started looking for someone else, and thats when Phoenix heard all the people around me yelling and pointing towards me. He tells security to help me onstage and for the next few minutes, I am living my dream, performing a song live with my favorite band of all time. It was surreal to be able to look around during that song and see all the guys, or to look out at the crowd and see 10,000 people having a great time at the show. No matter what I do the rest of my life, I will never forget this moment.

Well, I think that every gig I've been to was unique (not that the setlists were much different :P) But! I have few in mind that have been in my memories til now, mainly: Hannover 2008 -> What I've Done opening with a great intro, Valentine's Day, My December, A Place For My Head \m/ and closing One Step Closer with new outro. Well, you don't have so many "new" things in one concert very often. Next in line is Brno 2008 -> Back then, despite Hannover, this was the best outdoor concert so far (for me). There haven't been any remarkable things going on besides Wake 2.0 and Reading My Eyes (in case of the setlist) but the crowd was really great from what I have seen from the "seats" if i can call it like that. Though, a big number of people wondered what the hell are they playing when LP started RMA :P. Other than that the crowd sang along in every song. Bleed It Out was great (Ooooooooooooo :P ) and Faint blew my mind (especially the extended outro part).

Ending with Gräfenhainichen which has been...well...,despite some major problems before and after the concert, the best Linkin Park gig I've been to so far ;) Good setlist + reaaaaaally great venue! + lighting + great people I've met -> this makes a pattern for a GREAT time with Linkin Park playing. And of course Dead By Sunrise "bonus" songs during the encore.

With that said there is no need for me to choose "one moment" because all the things in my life related with LP are a one big piece of history that will remain forever (I think :P);)

My favorite moment was in 2009, Stuttgart, when Mike announced to play Reading my Eyes as intro for Points of Authority for the LPU after I asked him during the Meet and Greet if he could do so. Despite the fact to be with so many amazing people it had just been insane to hear Mike talking about the song-request. Pure awesomeness.

My favorite Linkin Park live moment:

I'm a real hardcore fan, from the old school, im with you guys since the 2001

My favorite moment was back in the 2002 when you guys came to my country, Mexico, you opened for Korn and oh god that is a highlight for my life, the energy, the passion, all the soul that you give in your concerts!!!

And other live moment to me is when Chester broke his wrist in Australia, man! he had a lot of pain but he didnt cared, he still played the show, that's a rock star to me!

ps: GREAT GREAT PRIZE... good luck everyone!

My favorite Linkin Park's live moment was in 2007. The concert on the Webster Hall in New York was amazaing i'ts my favorite because the passion of Chester singing was unique especially in Breaking the Habit (the best performance ever)

Big thanks to Mark for helping me make this happen. It's awesome that we've found some great ways to involve you guys with things like this. Good luck everyone!

Live in Texas 2003 definitely. It was first live show I able to watch. I watched it for so many times I can't even count. For long time it was only one show on my harddrive. Despite it, it was amazing concert with such powerful energy and guys gave all the best they can.

In band's live history was performance with Jay-Z and Paul McCartney on Grammy Awards in 2006 year. Performance was great and they achieved prize for such awesome collaboration.

Edited by Maxthunderer