The Three Fansite Ultimate Giveaway!

hahninator

My favourite live performance was when the band played QWERTY for the first time, before MTM was released. It created such a buzz for me seeing we were waiting for the new album to come out

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a tie between QWERTY Summer Sonic and Papercut in Melbourne, Australia where Chaz broke his wrist. LP's performance in their Summer Sonic concert was beyond amazing. Even though I wasn't at the concert I can really feel the energy of the song while they sang it by just looking at the video on youtube. It's a kind of feeling that can't be described by words. And second, their concert in Melbourne where Chaz broke his wrist. Even though he already broke his wrist he still insisted finishing the whole concert before going to the hospital. It showed his professionalism ad his love for his fans. Not all artists can do that. THAT'S FUCKING ROCK AND ROLL! \m/

My favorite Linkin Park live moment was during Projekt Revolution 2008 in Raleigh, NC. I had heard before the show that Chester would be performing a song during Chris Cornell's set. Standing in the pit, I stayed anxious throughout the first few songs until I saw Chester walk over to the right side of the stage. I just knew as soon as Hungerstrike started that Chester was on his way out. My heart fluttered and screamed for joy as he walked out during the second verse of the song. I couldn't even remember the words to the song, I was so excited that my favorite band wasn't far from being on stage. It's like a rush that's better than the fastest roller coaster ride. The dead crowd turned absolutely wild. It was the highlight of the show. Even though the song really had nothing to do with Linkin Park, it's always something that I'll remember. I got to experience this again in Charlotte a few days afterwards, but it will never top that first show.

Posted Image

Edited by Threewingedfury

What is your favorite Linkin Park live moment and why?

My favourite Linkin Park live moment happened in 2008. They came to the Staples Center. This was not only my first LP concert, it was also my very first concert ever. The experience was surreal. My favourite moment was during Bleed It Out. I have never been fond of the song per se. But the live performance blew me away and turned it into one of my favourite song from the new album. I was very impressed by Mike and Chester's energy and the band's ability to elevate the song to a whole new level. They turned a 2:44 song into 11 minutes and not one second was boring. They involved us the audience into the song that it became more than us listening to the song 3-dimensional but into an actual concert with us interacting with the band.

From 2000 to now, whether it's a show you've been to or not, what is your favorite moment of the band's live history?

My favourite moment of of the band's live history is the bands performance with Jay-Z for the MTV's Mash-Up. That whole concert was the liveliest i have ever seen Mike Shinoda. It was like Jay-Z brought out a different part of him. And i love the vocal chemistry between Mike, Chester and Jay-Z. It was very explosive and enjoyable for me to watch. I could feel the energy and jubilee even from my T.V screen as i watched it on DVD. :lol:

What is your favorite Linkin Park live moment and why? From 2000 to now, whether it's a show you've been to or not, what is your favorite moment of the band's live history?

My favorite Linkin Park live moment is the show at 27.06.2008 in Berlin. Because it was my first Linkin Park concert and the day was the best day of my life. Linkin Park were great and the audience too.

I will never forget the day when I met Linkin Park the first time :rolleyes: .

Thats my favorite moment :rolleyes: .

greetz alex

I never went to a LP concert. BUT. I accidentally caught the 2004 rar show live on MTV. It blew my mind. The night after, I kept having weird dreams...most of them with Rob explaining stuff to me. I woke up knowing that the drums are calling me. Rob was one of the first people I looked up to when it came to drums. He has a special charm when playing that caught my attention.

So...this is my most memorable experience.

wow thats fucking crazy :D

My anwser.

Well my favorite moment has to be my first linkin park concert i attended back in 2008 in manchester. It was my first gig that i would actually go to (neveer been to any before). I wasnt sure what to expect. LP Opened with Wake, I thought it was a great intro on the album but live even better. I could see the band behind the big courtains and thats when that amazing moment was starting . Seeing my favorite band for the first time after many years of listening was super exciting. Was allready excited when the i could see them behind the courtain but then when it dropped it was absolutely amazing :D Coudlnt stop screaming haha!

With almost 200 replies I don't expect anyone to actually read through the favorite moments, anyway, here are mine in order to enter the drawing.

What is your favorite Linkin Park live moment and why? From 2000 to now, whether it's a show you've been to or not, what is your favorite moment of the band's live history?

27.05.2007 - Hamburg, Germany, Color Line Arena
Being behind the first wave-breaker first, I was finally let to the area close to the stage during the second song. From time to time I managed to get pretty close to the stage, and although I've been to the small club gig in Berlin the month before, I've never seen Chester singing that close to me before. I'm male, but to see Chester that close and seeing the effort in his face singing and screaming was absolutely beautiful!
Posted Image

16.01.2008 - Hannover, Germany, TUI Arena
Many great moments here, being the first concert of 2008, live debut of 'VD' etc. Favorite moment though was when Chester went to the crowd during 'Crawling'. I'm loving that song and luckily I was close to the point he went to the crowd, everyone pushed and wanted to get closer. I managed to touch the hand he held his microphone with while he was pointing it at us. I was singing my lungs out, but while I had no breath anymore he just continued to hold the notes as if he never needs to breathe. That was impressive!

27.06.2008 - Berlin, Germany, Waldbühne
Might be my favorite LP concert I've ever been to, with a great crowd. Most beautiful moment was when Mike and Chester went down the 'catwalk' that lead into the crowd during the awesome part of 'In The End'. They let us sing the 'I've put my trust'-part while Mike was pointing his mic-stand at the crowd (makes no sense but nice gesture). At the end/outro of the song Chester was hugging Mike, made a bow, and while the last notes were played they went back to the stage. This moment was so beautiful it almost made me cry (don't laugh at me)!
Posted Image

Well my favorite live moment would have been when LP came to NZ on the 11th october 2007 show starting from the moment the band opened with OSC. It was my first ever concert so I was anxious until the start of the show. I was singing every word to all the songs I knew and I went absolutly nuts when what ive done came on at the end of the show. as a result I was unable to listen to anything other than LP for a few months.

My favorite moment was in Greece, 2009, when they performed No More Sorrow, because of the 2 minutes long intro, which was AMAZING! :D I get chills whenever I hear that track! It’s the best!!! :wub:

My favorite moment was in Cologne 2008.It was the first time after four years that I can see my favorite band live.It was a great perfomance with the most of my favorite songs.Of course, to hear the epic No more Sorrow intro and all the other MtM-Songs for the first time live(in real) was awesome. B)

There are three shows i have to mention:

1. Linkin Park @ Rock am Ring 2004

The crowd was crazy and LP delivered my favourite performance. So many great things about

this gig, they took a guy on the stage, they made an epic papercut-performance (see this

link, just awesome how Mike and Chester team up at 3:30 -->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBcoXRZb6F0).

The sick intros at this show (papercut already posted, but Breaking the habit

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV_cXTuGKwA) and Numb were awesome too and again i

have to mention the energetic crowd --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgeMFdwzcW8&

feature=PlayList&p=3CA38D6271AE9F15&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=16)

2. Linkin Park @ Kesselhaus Berlin 2007

My first time i was allowed to meet the band personally (so kind and funny, i will never forget

that =)). Won two tickets for the show a few days before, rented a car and it was totally worth

to drive six hours ^^ They also played songs like No more sorrow (http://www.youtube.com

/watch?v=VzydV7GQTPM)for the first time (MTM wasn´t even released). And the end of the

show i drove home, arrived the next day, took a shower and went directly to work ^^

3. Linkin Park @ Colorline Arena Hamburg 2007

Fantastic crowd (to kill time before LPs performance there was a Laola for about 17 times:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puMHfYihuQA). My first and last time i was able to see a

Laola at a concert :-) The intro was pure goosebump-alert, every single band member came

to the stage in a spotlight (

). Edited by flozuki

My favourite moment was probably at Milton Keynes in June 2008, when they started Papercut. I always love how Mike uses that track to hype up the crowd and ask how many hardcore fans there are at the gig, and I'd struggled so hard to get to the front row of the golden circle and just felt really proud to be there listening to such an awesome song with so many amazing fans!

Question: What is your favorite Linkin Park live moment and why? From 2000 to now, whether it's a show you've been to or not, what is your favorite moment of the band's live history?

Answer: I have more than one favourite moments. The first was in Cologne 2008. This was my first Linkin Park concert though I've been a fan since 2001. My favourite song ever is Crawling so it was the greatest, when the band played it live.

The really best moment was in Munich 2008 Projekt Revolution Tour when the band played Shadow of the Day. It was amazing because it was one of the hottest and most sunny day in the year 2008. The sun shone all the day and there was no single cloud in the sky. Just as the band played Shadow of the Day with the famous lines "And the sun will set for you" the sun really set and it was one of the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen.

Another moment wasn't at a Linkin Park but at a Dead by Sunrise concert in Cologne this year when I was in front-row and Chester came after the show and hugged me. He was really sweaty but it was a great feeling.

Greetings from Germany

Skear

My favorite is when they performed A Place For My Head in Texas,2003..Live in Texas..:] That's my favorite. Because Chaz was jumping around like crazy and i just LOVE the screamings there. i mean it's so awesome and the screamings are so emotional.. ....i just love it

and times when Chaz jumped on Phi..adorable..~ xP

Wow! This is big, to say the least... :D

I have to say, out of EVERYTHING Linkin Park has done, from the Constant alterations of their songs live to keep them fresh, to bringing on guest acts, there was always one clip that stood out to me the most. When I heard the clip of In The End from summer sonic in 2006. That was just amazing. I mean, i knew a crowd could sing but that was just Amazing! To be able to stand on stage and hear thousands of people completely ignore your stage pause and completely finish the song themselves. The Feeling the guys must have got from that sort of fan passion must have been amazing! The fact that they didn't even have to ask either, and just stood and listened to the voices of a fan fuelled crowd. It inspires me to one day make it in the music industry myself, so that one day may be able to get the same inspirational feeling from 80,000 people singing the words I wrote, words that came from my heart and my mouth.

And that is my favourite live moment of all time :)

i've seen LP live 2 times in greece on 06/25/08 and 07/21/09 but i think my favourite one was the first concert! it was just MARVELLOUS! and my favourite moment is when chester "played" with the crowd on the song Bleed it Out! the whole crowd was going crazy!! it's a moment that i'l never forget! :)

My friend told to me Linkin Park. I was wondering,i've searched. And I listened the "In the End" in Istanbul in the first time... This song danced with my sould. This was so unreal! Then I've started listen other LP songs. And the Linkin Park always enthralls me.

Edited by Secret*

I've never been to a Linkin Park concert before, because I'm from Belgium and they haven't come to Belgium that much! But I did buy the 'Road to Revolution' CD-DVD and I loved it. Especially Bleed It Out where Mike jumps in the crowd and is carried the whole song! If Linkin Park would come to Belgium on their next tour I will definitely be there!!!

Jolan

My favorite Linkin Park live moment is from Road to Revolution – Live at Milton Keynes DVD. When Mike was rapping second verse of In The End he went down to the fans. It was really amazing.

My Favorite Linkin Park Live Moment would have to be when I attended my first every Linkin Park Concert

Sydney 20th Oct 2007 was the night that changed my life. Just when all the lights shut off and The sample gun shots are played. Im Heart sunk into my chest. Then the sound of the open guitar chords played by mike with the lights flashing in sequence just killed me. The crowd started going crazy. Then they One Step Closer riff came in and the crowd screaming was so loud. Then silence and the cloth drops and there they are. Linkin Park ripping One Step Closer at the begun of the set. I have never felt that amazed by a opener in my life. From then on the show was just epic.

I've never been in a LP's show cuz my country's not on the list, and I juz can't go abroad :). My favorite moment in a LP's live is the start of "Figure.09" from the "Live in Texas", when Mike asked people to take off their shirts and put them in the air, waving around. That when I started to wish for a time I can join a crowd in a LP's show, hardly to breathe then.

That show has many many great and remarkable moments with me, Mike's voice was so cool, better than he does now; Chazz with his wet shirt coz of sweat; the simple wear of Brad; Mr Hahn appeared much with his turntable - the very good middle part of "With you" also; Feenux nearly fell down to the stage while he was playing the last part of "Place for my head"... I've watched the show time to time and sing along with LP all the times :D.

Juz wanna share with you guys my feelings 'bout that show, hope one day I can join a show, that would be much more exciting than enjoy one with my computer in my room.

I haven't been to a Linkin Park concert yet, but my favourite live moment is "A Place for my Head" from the Rock AM Ring of 2004.. I think was amazing the relationship between the crowd and Linkin park. They always create a wonderful relationship with the audience but when I watch this show, even if I'm at home I feel like I'm there and I start to shout "Go Away!!" when Chester sings "you tried to take the best of me.." and I can't no jump like the crowd there at the concert. They're great!

My answer is their concert in Forum (Copenhagen, Denmark) in 2007. I live a long way from Copenhagen, and I were only 17 years old. I knew my mom would never let me go, but I also new that I HAD to go. This was a once-in-a-lifetime oppotunity, that I may never have again. So I lied to my mom. I said I was going with two friends, who of course played along. And so, I went alone. I was kind of frightened by the whole idea, I had never tried anything like it before.

The once I got there, it was unexplainably cool ! The best experience ever. Noone else was there ; It was just me and my favorite band in the whole world, and they were singing to me, singing my favorite songs, and I sung with them. Then, once I heard the first tunes of "Crawling", I could have fainted. That song is like "my" song, it has helped me through a lot of bad times, and seeing them play it live for ME was insane.

I will never forget that experience. It made me realize that it is okay to dream, and to follow those dreams. That day changed my life.

But my mom will never forgive me :D