The Three Fansite Ultimate Giveaway!

hahninator

What is your favorite Linkin Park live moment and why? From 2000 to now, whether it's a show you've been to or not, what is your favorite moment of the band's live history?

Sonisphere Knebworth 2009:

Shadow of the Day ends and the crowd cheers, Mike says thank you. The lights go out but because im quite close to the stage (left hand side) I spot Mike walk forward and Chester go over to the drums to have a drink. I hear "Turn my mic up louder I got to say something", no music just Mike rapping, im standing next to people ive never met before and none of them are singing but one, i tap him on the shoulder and he turns round to have me screaming the lyrics right back at him. We both scream the whole song, no breaks, no stops to catch our breath. It gets to the end and we both have huge smiles on our faces, I shake his hand and move to the mosh for Crawling, never to see him again. Best moment at any gig ive ever been to.

Edited by SUPERYULE

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's the show that took place in Cologne in 2008 because it was the first time that Mike sung a whole song (In Between) live and just thinking about this gives me shivers, it was my first LP concert and it was the day that made me think about making music myself.

Well, my favourite live moment happened to me in 2009, when I was on my third Linkin Park Show in Stuttgart.

We knew that we maybe had a chance to see Dead by Sunrise, but we wasn't actually sure if we would really be the first people who would ever see them live on stage.

And when Chester introduced them on the stage, we were all excited and happy. And I am sure that I will never forget this happiness. I am still proud that I had the chance to went to this awesome and HUGE show! I think that about 45.000 people went to Stuttgart on that day. Thanks LP, I will never forget that day!

What is your favorite Linkin Park live moment and why? From 2000 to now, whether it's a show you've been to or not, what is your favorite moment of the band's live history?

Madrid, Spain 2003. I was 17 and it was my first show. As you said, the band let Rob´s drum tech do a drum solo, VERY NICE. But not only that, is amazing when the band say something in other languages (in this case spanish).

ps: I have a GREAT memory from Stuttgart too (Reading My Eyes Outro, DBS). I love the city since that day and I had the best hollidays of my whole life.

Edited by MikeDCT

My favorite concert was in St Petersburg in the summer of 2009, there I was very pleased with three things:

When Joe make Session at the beginning, it was so cool, so professional. I admired each sample of the song.

Posted Image

Hands Held High (Acapella) in the performance of Mike, a very sincere and very beautiful.

Posted Image

Performance New Divide when people just went crazy for vocals Chester and electronic insert at the end of the song.

Posted Image

I waited for this concert two years after the previous arrival of children in Russia in summer 2007. It was unforgettable, indescribable, the guys tried so hard, showed its highest level. Better this show, there can not be ;)

These points are the most memorable to me, is forever in my memory.

Live-wise my favorite moment was when Jay-Z came on stage at their MSG show in 2008, that was my very first LP show and I remember the insanity and loudness of the crowd as if it was just yesterday. When Numb / Encore started it felt like the stadium would explode from the screaming.

my favourite live moment is.. hmm a hard question because (almost) every live moment from LP is a great experience!! but i really LOVE 'One step closer' from the live show 'Road To Revolution: Live At Milton Keynes'. the beginning is just amazing (L)

the best live moment was in 2003 (13th december) when they performed breaking the habit (not for the first time but almost) :-) - awesome performance!

Hey!

I red many of these answers. They are gerat. LP has the best FANS with the best EXPERIENCES :lol:

So about mine... I happened in this show -

21.06.2008 München, Germany, Reitstadion Riem, Projekt Revolution Tour: Europe

I am from The Czech republic so I traveled to Germany and I made it to the first line in that show! And the best moment was when Mike was rapping his part in some song..I dont remember which because I was shocked :D ... so he was rapping and in one moment he was looking at me..like 3 seconds..omg amazing experience...I hope he remembers me !! :lol:

My favorite moment would have to be Live in Texas, the beginning of A Place for my Head. The energy is just so incredibly amazing. Especially Bourdy's part, and the audience participation when they're saying "go away". I love it.

And I also think it's dope that all the fansites are doing this for the fans.

19 July 2009, they came first time to Turkey. I bought concert's tickets 3 months ago. I was very excited i would watch the show from front stage. But I have not been selected for M&G. Altogether that day was amazing and most important day of my life.

Since i live in India, i always did know that there was a very low possibility that Linkin park would perform here so after my board exams, i asked my dad to take me to see linkin park in London. So during Sonisphere, while singing Hands Held High with so much passion, Mike looked at where i was standing (first row) and kept singing for 5 seconds just like that. To me it seemed as if he was looking directly at me.For me, that wasn't only my fav LP live moment, it was the best moment of my life. I'll never forget that.

My favorite Linkin Park live moment/performance would have to be my first Linkin Park concert-21.07.2009 Terra Vibe,Athens,Greece.I'm from Bulgaria so I had to travel to Greece to see them live for the first time because I couldn't wait anymore.It was a breathtaking show,I've always dreamed of seeing the people that had changed my life so much and it was really unbelievable.The show was super energetic,I was screaming,singing,jumping and even at moment crying.Especially when One Step Closer began the whole arena exploded.They always put a great live show.On a side note a concert that I haven't been on but it's also one of my favorites-Rock Am Ring 2004.Epic:)

My favourite has to be in 2008 at their RTR tour

i'm only 17 so it was the first time that i saw Linkin Park, it was INSANE!

but the best part was when they performed Shadow Of The Day

lighters up, crowed pumped, it was AMAZING

i have never been anywhere that has EVER come close to it !

My first lp concert was in Turkey. I flew from Switzerland to Turkey, because my colleagues from Turkey and went. It was great. LP was the first time in Turkey. It is now almost a year ago but it was still a week. We hope that the guys come back here :)

my fav lp live moment is from the concert in munich in 2008. actually the whole concert was freaking awesome and had ton of moments that are great memories and which i will never forget. well, my fav moment in lp's live history is the extended outro of bth from that concert. chester letting the crowd sing 'tonight' at the end...still always makes me shiver and almost cry everytime i listen to it :)

My favorite live concert LP - June 26, 2009 in St. Petersburg.

That was an amazing concert! Although I was not able to attend, I watched the video bootleg, and even that, being only an echo of what was at the "TV-tower" stadium  very impressed with me! 

This concert is remembered by many fans in Russia ... every show is special, but it was even more special!

It was there that Mike, after a long break, read the first verse of "Hands Held High" a cappella, it was there after a long break, LP dragged fan on stage (his name was Jenya and he was well sang the chorus of Chester "Bleed it out"):) and finally it was first show in Russia after the long 2-year break! Even Talinda noted in Twitter, that this show was one of the best all-time! :) And the crowd, as Chester said from the scene, was the best ever! 

To me, this show was very important, because it gave me inspiration for my first translations of song lyrics Linkin Park... Thank the group for this!

ps. Big thanks to LPU for this giveaway!!!

My favorite moment will be my fist of the three LP shows.It was in 2004 on Projekt Revolution in Cincinnatti,cause I had to travel from Czech republic to see that concert and was one of the best days of my life. the energy of the band was amazing that day.

My favourite performance was 2009 Rock n Coke Istanbul.

Because you made more things than music, you made me feel the happiest person in the world. I am listening ur songs for years, but, to see you was the best best best best best best feeling ever. The people around u is very lucky.

All I need was Rob`s drumsticks for memory :D But unfortunately I couldn`t get them. I`m so unlucky. I know I`m gonna get your presents but I decided to write anyway.

All I need is Linkin Park, come to Turkey again, stay in our house :D :D

it was joke (but maybe it,s not :P :lol: )

Love u all...

It's really hard question....My favorite LP live moment is.....when I watched Live In Texas..Cause it was first show what i've watched..I can not convey their emotions, which were then..This show was so emotional...Since then, I dream to go to the concert LP, but still not did it:( My favorite moment of the band's live history - I thing When Chester was singing with brokenness hand. He is unbelievable

Got one non-personal and one personal.

1. There's a moment during Crawling on Live In Texas, where they show a really big, shaved head dude with a Metallica shirt on, singing every word to the song. And I mean he's singing that song PASSIONATELY. This has always been one of my favorite Linkin Park moments, seeing that they can bring together all different kinds of people and have them all sing these words I've memorized and sang countless times myself. It shows to me how universal LP's message is.

2. While I actually met the band at Projekt Revolution 08, I have to say that my experience at Projekt Rev 07 was my favorite. This was before I had joined the LPU or knew of sites such as this, so I had no idea what to expect from LP's setlist. I was going crazy with excitement. The second those lights went out, the place blew up. I was going nuts, so excited to see my favorite band of all time. I never in a million years thought they would open with No More Sorrow, but as soon as I recognized it I flipped out. The curtain flying off when the song picks up was just pure genius. Everybody went crazy. Lying From You was next, and everybody was jumping and singing along, having a great time, and the band seemed to be enjoying themselves too. I had a great moment as they played my favorite song by them, From The Inside. When Mike started rapping Petrified over the POA intro, I flipped out, thinking they were actually gonna play the whole song. Hands Held High surprised the hell out of me. I was the only one in my area who knew all the words, and everybody was staring. I was in the middle of a bunch of My Chemical Romance fans, so this was pretty much what was going on throughout the night. Chester took his shirt off before Pushing Me Away, and every girl in that amphitheatre screamed with delight, which I found hilarious. I never lost the adrenaline rush I was on from seeing my favorite band in person. Everybody sang their hearts out for Crawling. The Little Things Give You Away also surprised me, and again, I was the only one in my area who knew all the words. Mike and Chester got in the crowd for In The End, and it was such an amazing moment to be a part such a large group of people all singing the bridge together. I assumed One Step Closer was the end, and everybody started cheering and chanting, and banging on the seats, making as much noise as humanly possible. Then good old Mr. Hahn stepped onstage and did an awesome remix of Cure For The Itch. Earlier, before the show started, me and my friends were joking about how amazing it would be if they played QWERTY. We all decided it would never happen. And then they played it. I have never headbanged so hard in my life. Bleed It Out was fun as it always is at their shows, Rob's drum solo was the final surprise for me for the night, I was still under the impression that LP members didn't do solos. Finally, Faint came up to finish off the show. That outro remains my favorite to this day. As the band got ready to go, I held up a big Linkin Park bag that I brought with me. Mike looked straight at me and pointed, smiling and waving. I don't have any words to describe how I felt at that point. And I was left on such a high from that experience for days.

My favorite live moment has to be, at Projekt Revolution 2007 in Detroit Michigan, where Chester talks about how amazing it is to see members of the Armed Forces and how proud he was. It showed a sensitive and patriotic side to the guys, and the performance was amazing that night. Let alone it was on myspace AND it was my first LP show.