LPU9: Japanese Special Edition and Tracklist!

Alexonlyalex

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my doubts but it's an "official" site not some fansite without a source. Tracklist seems very likely except one or two things, but what the hell do we know what they digged out.

Very true. LP is fucking weird, they said there's no Meteora demos then bam we get this announcement. I guess Stick N Move could have Chester on it, I dunno.

I call bullshit on the whole thing because of A.06 and I think my reasoning is good enough due to that. Long version?

LPU 2.0 Release Date: November 21st, 2002, and A.06 appeared on that. It was played twice in March 2003 and once in September 2004 that we know of. I don't see why they would have toned it down and played a shorter version of it if there was such a thing as a long version, but who knows. LP is very unpredictable on things like this, so we'll see. But my call is that it's a fake tracklisting due to A.06. If I'm wrong I'm wrong.

Lastly:

- Why in the world would a Japanese CD retailer be selling it? Wasn't LPU 7/8 exclusive to Bandmerch/Best Buy?

- "Sad"? By Myself demo was called Super Xero / Super Zero. WTF is "Sad"?

Sounds like they took the demo names we know (Drawing, Drum Song, Fear) and used those - there's no "new demo names" except Sad, but like I said, that's not what BM was referred to on the promo CDs. I say the whole thing is a concocted story, lol.

^ Good point with A.06 and the demos not having different names apart from the ones that we knew already and can be found on wikipedia.

I hope it's fake. I can do without A06, Stick and move, By myself demo, drum song, and fear, but my gut is telling me this is a legit tracklist.

I just want a new song, breaking the habit demo, faint demo, and a papercut demo. i'd be satisifed with a 4 track cd of that. Also, something i've always wanted is an extended version of Technique, such an AWESOME instrumental but so short.

Regardless, i'm pumped!

Edited by thesungoesdown

This cool!!! :blink:

2. Faint (Demo 2002)

4. Fear ("Leave Out All the Rest" Demo 2006)

8. Drawings ("Breaking the Habit" Demo 2002)

:P :P :P

The original name 9. Drum Song ("Little Things Give You Away" Demo 2006) Rob cool writes songs!

If the tracklist is real, then LPU9 is definitely going to be pure awesomeness. But, two things stand out -

1. wtf is which "Japan only bonuses"? I mean, since when did the LPU start having country specials like this?

2. How can it be on the catalogue as a CD, separate from the rest of the package?

I bought my Out Of Ashes Japanese Version from CDJapan

This site is awesome!

Edit:

Look:

Benefit 1: 1-year available on-line fan club membership / benefits 2: Dead By Sunrise songs free download

That's great! I hope some exclusives (live or not) tracks!

Edited by Slim Shinoda

hmm...I don't like the fact that the LPU has so much to do with DBS... I mean, I do have the LPU membership and I will purchase the next one again, but I don't really think that's fair to let DBS fans pay for a band they might not want to pay for to get those exclusive stuff...For me it's cool though, but not for non-LP (maybe only JK??) fans...

Well, there is always a way to get those songs but that's not the way it should be...

Anyway...I'm excited for the demo cd...

hmm...I don't like the fact that the LPU has so much to do with DBS... I mean, I do have the LPU membership and I will purchase the next one again, but I don't really think that's fair to let DBS fans pay for a band they might not want to pay for to get those exclusive stuff...For me it's cool though, but not for non-LP (maybe only JK??) fans...

Well, there is always a way to get those songs but that's not the way it should be...

Word! That's why I always wanted the Systeme de Street team to get involved as well. It would be just fair! I mean, people (even a lot of LP fans) had already been bitching about DBS playing during the LP set (I experienced this myself in Stuttgart), which I couldn't understand and found quite embarrassing for the LP fan community... But then again they give out DBS exclusives to members of the official LP fanclub, even though only one LP member is in the band? Yeah, I never understood that, even though - of course - DBS is considered to be Chester's band. The backing band is completely made-up of the Julien-K guys, though, so I think their fanclub would really have to give us fans these exclusives as well!

This shouldn't come across as a rant, though. I just thought we Julien-K fans, who might not be that much of LP fans (anymore), were a bit left out in that. It's mostly the fault of SDS, I guess.

Edited by immortalsoul

The track list sounds great but I must agree with the others: Why is (notthing against Japan) Japan getting special tracks only? I mean Out of ashes Japan version got Morning After, and in europe or in germany the song is missing.

And now a normal japanese online retailer selling an LPU cd? Hello??????

Isn't it supposed to be EXCLUSIVE for LPU only?????

Btw why is the LPU not giving away the LPU 1 aka Hybrid Theory ep away or on sale (lpunderground merch) It looks like according to this pic LPU HQ CD they got plenty of them.

I allready had bifid about the Songs from the Underground cd because it was too "give away". But then again I joined the LPU since 2.0 and some others joined later and miss the cd's.