LPU9: Japanese Special Edition and Tracklist!

Alexonlyalex

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AHAH IT'S NOT FAKE.

Always knew.

i wasnt sure bout some of the songs being on the cd cuz wasnt confirmed

but now it is fucking cant wait all we need now is a date lol cant adam just send us one to preview lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT can i post the tracklisting on facebook?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT 2 - ill post it on FB and if i gotta take it down just email me on here

Edited by heartagram_616

Badassssssssss :)

Really excited. Tracklisting is one that is very creative and has clearly been thought out well. Wow. It's not just "Let's throw all the demos of singles on there". It's almost like they fucking checked the message boards and took requests. This is incredible.

Badassssssssss :)

Really excited. Tracklisting is one that is very creative and has clearly been thought out well. Wow. It's not just "Let's throw all the demos of singles on there". It's almost like they fucking checked the message boards and took requests. This is incredible.

I kind of think Mike did because of Fear and Drum Song. Everyone has always been asking for the "Mike versions" and I've heard tons of people say "A.06 is great but I wish it was longer".

So now that this is confirmed, my preliminary thoughts...

A-Six: I just hope this isn't essentially the same thing as A.06 with an extra repeat of the riff or something like that, and that there's something substantially different about it. It could be really cool, or it could be the least noteworthy track on the CD.

Faint: 2 things about this one. I wonder if it has live strings on it? Mike mentioned in the From the Inside book that David Campbell did strings for both BTH and Faint, but we know that the live strings only wound up being used on BTH on the album. And if not, I wonder if it's the original half-time version (doubtful, since they switched to the full-speed version very early on, but you never know)?

Sad: I just hope it's substantially different from the other 4 By Myself demos we already have. I'm guessing it will be, just based on the different name, and chronologically, it really only makes sense for this to be an earlier version of the song than Super Xero.

Fear: Hopefully it's the version with Mike on lead vocals. Glad we're finally getting this.

Figure.09: I wonder which demo it is, the first version with rap verses (but with different lyrics) heard on LPTV, or the second version with singing verses?

Stick And Move: Obviously this will have Chester on vocals. It'll be interesting to see how similar it is to both the Xero version and the final version of Runaway.

Across the Line: Hopefully it's the infamous "sixth strings song." But even if it isn't, it makes one less MTM b-side that we don't have.

Drawing: Don't really have any big questions about this one, since we pretty much know what it is already. Just glad that we finally get to hear it.

Drum Song: Same thing I said about Fear.

And in general, I really hope this is just the tip of the iceberg and we'll see more stuff like this released in the future (we all know there's plenty more demos where these came from), but I'm sure Warner will try to hang on to as much as they can for the retrospective box set that'll probably be released whenever LP calls it quits.

Fine. Why don't you guys check out http://www.lpunderground.com in 5... 4... 3... 2....1..... GO!

Maybe you can post a pic of the CD's back COVER, and not the CD itself? ;)

And for the thing that Mark said, like why would there be a longer version of A.06, if they played only short one 3 times live.

Same question would be for And One being played as short song, while we have it long on the CD.

A.06 was probably decided not to be shared on a CD in long version. That's it, I think.

Maybe you can post a pic of the CD's back COVER, and not the CD itself? ;)

And for the thing that Mark said, like why would there be a longer version of A.06, if they played only short one 3 times live.

Same question would be for And One being played as short song, while we have it long on the CD.

A.06 was probably decided not to be shared on a CD in long version. That's it, I think.

My assumption with And One has always been that they re-wrote it sometime between the EP and the first album (like they did with Carousel and Part of Me), they just may not have recorded a demo of it in that form.

The tracklisting is fucking awesome. I can't wait for LPU9. I'm most excited for the Faint demo since Faint has been my favorite LP song ever since I became a fan. Fear sounds awesome too. I hope Across The Line is the 6th String Song but if it isn't it's still awesome.

Final thoughts:

A-Six: Very very interesting to me that this song appeared. Can't really make any comments until I hear it, but maybe it was some like 3 min heavy instrumental that they shortened down...hmm.

Faint: If this has the David Campbell strings and some different verses, then jesus. Talk about awesome.

Sad: First version of By Myself? Wonder how much different it is than Super Xero....

Fear: Mike on vocals; yesssssss. Glad this is making the light of day! I bet this will school "In Between" and show us again how good Mike is vocally at singing songs like LOATR and No Roads Left.

Figure.09: Rapping or singing in the verses, hmm. One of my favorite Meteora songs, glad it was chosen for this.

Stick And Move: Chester on vocals! I wonder if Mike's verses are different, or if there's even rapping still in it. This version will tie together the Xero version and the Hybrid Theory song "Runaway" nicely I bet. Very cool pick for the CD - I remember we talked a few months ago how Chester recorded vocals for the Xero songs...glad to see one making the light of day! Cool move too by not picking RME since they already do that one live!

Across The Line: Mike said this song was "Japan". Very interesting. I wonder how much it evolved...I bet it sounds pretty cool. Any MTM b-side we get is A+!

Drawing: Is this going to be a long drawn out instrumental maybe? Excited for this song - BTH is an anthem. So glad they chose BTH instead of SIB for the CD!

Drum Song: Hope we get Mike on vocals for part of the song. Since the intro ambient noises seem unlikely for a demo, I'm interested in seeing how much different the demo is in terms of the instrumental. If there's a combo of Mike and Chester on vocals and maybe different drumming...I think this will be the best song on the CD. TLTGYA is one of my favorite songs LP has ever done, I REALLY like it, so I think this demo will be awesome. This is the song I am most looking forward to on the CD...When I heard "demos" the first song I wanted was this. Soooo excited for Drum Song.

A little bit more information:

For those of you who have been keeping track, "Across The Line" is a brand new, unreleased song. It was recorded during the "Minutes To Midnight" sessions, and was originally entitled "Japan." We know a lot of the fans on the LPU boards have wanted to hear this song, in its entirety, for a long time. We're putting it on the LPU9 CD for you!

From Mike's blog

Hmm...Japan could actually have wound up being the "sixth strings song," now that I think about it. The clip of Japan on the DVD is in such an early form that it'll probably have almost no resemblence to the final version. The short clip of 6SS that we also have on the DVD sounds like it's the very end of the song. Could be the same song, but no way of knowing until we get it.

I have a feeling Japan will sound different than what most will expect. All we heard was "don donnana don donna". Listening to New Divide in that stage, the whole melody was just "donna" versions of "you're voice was all i heard/that I get what I deserve".

I have a feeling Japan will sound different than what most will expect. All we heard was "don donnana don donna". Listening to New Divide in that stage, the whole melody was just "donna" versions of "you're voice was all i heard/that I get what I deserve".

nah they decided to keep it all don donnanana don don donna. Sounds awesome. My favorite line in the song is "don... donna don donnna dona donnn donaa!!" Lyrics like that really cut to the core of me.

nah they decided to keep it all don donnanana don don donna. Sounds awesome. My favorite line in the song is "don... donna don donnna dona donnn donaa!!" Lyrics like that really cut to the core of me.

Donna must be one special gal lol

and LPU9 is seriously epic. I think only LPU11 can top it.

Edited by Aiman

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-