BeardyWilderness

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

I really think Fighting Myself with a little more polish should have replaced Hit The Floor on the final release.

Just to reiterate what I posted in the shoutbox some time ago: If "Hit The Floor" would've been released now it would get an overwhelming reaction because of Chester's screams in the chorus alone. Let's just wait until the novelty has worn off. You are comparing a "fresh" song with one we heard hundreds of times during the last 20 years.

4 minutes ago, Trumtram said:

Just to reiterate what I posted in the shoutbox some time ago: If "Hit The Floor" would've been released now it would get an overwhelming reaction because of Chester's screams in the chorus alone. Let's just wait until the novelty has worn off. You are comparing a "fresh" song with one we heard hundreds of times during the last 20 years.

Exactly! HTF is better than FM. But I love both the same.

8 minutes ago, Trumtram said:

Hit The Floor has been one of my least favorite Meteora tracks since the album released. I don't think any amount of time is going to make me like HTF more than Fighting Myself.

Hit The Floor is super fun to scream along to though which is nice. lol

Edited by leftshoe18

2 hours ago, Trumtram said:

I have to agree, I remember when LOST dropped I was like "How the fuck this song was not on the album instead of Nobody's listening or HTF?" then I realized, I love LOST but i see why it was not on the album (mainly being Numb 2.0 and also pretty similar to ETR).

Meteora is a masterpiece and the tracks that made the final cut on the album deserves its spot.  I'm just more surprised that these tracks were kept hidden for 20 years. Even when all the LPU CDs came out, none of it made the cut on those too despite featuring a bunch of unfinished instrumental demos. It seems like after the Meteora era, they committed to their new sound, so releasing those tracks would only mean going backwards in terms of their career so they wanted to just move past it. But 20 years, that is impressive to keeping finished tracks that would have definitely been hits back then under lock and key without ever getting leaked. 

22 minutes ago, solidss said:

Meteora is a masterpiece and the tracks that made the final cut on the album deserves its spot.  I'm just more surprised that these tracks were kept hidden for 20 years. Even when all the LPU CDs came out, none of it made the cut on those too despite featuring a bunch of unfinished instrumental demos. It seems like after the Meteora era, they committed to their new sound, so releasing those tracks would only mean going backwards in terms of their career so they wanted to just move past it. But 20 years, that is impressive to keeping finished tracks that would have definitely been hits back then under lock and key without ever getting leaked. 

They would be hits even today. Lost is a evidence.

Fighting Myself is so good! I see why it isn’t on Meteora tho, just like Lost and MTV. I feel like they left the right songs off but FM and Lost are bangers! I’m sure they would have been in the loop for the next album if they stayed in that direction/sound 

Didn't mike mention in an interview that this was an unfinished song and he forgot about it(Forgot about Chester's parts of the song to be more precise)? They most likely were done with the 12 songs that's why the rest of the songs never went past the Demo stage(Excluding lost) hence, they didn't release songs like FM or MTV as opposed to them sounding similar to other songs on the album. Though I will say, FM is a lot better than some of the songs on meteora. Especially, The bridge part is a standout. It adds a whole lot to the song. Unlike most other songs that sound repetitive at times. 

I think LinkinPedia definitely should  update the ‘The Making of Meteora’ page. “Lost” is still not mentioned and “Thoughts That Take Away My Pride” is still labeled as unknown. It’s still pretty early I know but someone who can could edit that on there that would be helpful info to have. Thanks guys

Edited by IWillWalkAway

3 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

I think LinkinPedia definitely should  update the ‘The Making of Meteora’ page. “Lost” is still not mentioned and “Thoughts That Take Away My Pride” is still labeled as unknown. It’s still pretty early I know but someone who can could edit that on there that would be helpful info to have. Thanks guys

I assume those things will be updated once we have everything. It makes no sense to start editing the same pages every 2 weeks. In the end everyone involved in those projects are volunteers who are sacrificing a lot of their time.

Spoiler

I heard literally just 20 seconds of HF to not spoil anything before April and it sounds like I predicted of how it's gonna sound with Chester vocals.

Question to everyone collecting media. What do you do with "Lost (2002 Mix)"? Do you will add it to the main folder of Meteora (20th Anniversary Edition) album? If yes, do you will add it as a 14 track ti the Meteora album (1st disc) or you will add it to the last disc as a 15th track?

15 minutes ago, martinez said:

Hide contents

I heard literally just 20 seconds of HF to not spoil anything before April and it sounds like I predicted of how it's gonna sound with Chester vocals.

Question to everyone collecting media. What do you do with "Lost (2002 Mix)"? Do you will add it to the main folder of Meteora (20th Anniversary Edition) album? If yes, do you will add it as a 14 track ti the Meteora album (1st disc) or you will add it to the last disc as a 15th track?

track 14 from Meteora, not a doubt about it.

57 minutes ago, martinez said:

Well I'll probably add it as the Disc Version separate from the main box set, like I just added Healing Foot with Mike as "Marbleverse (Meteora 20th Exclusive)" to the Meteora 20th Anniversary Folder cause that's technically unique considering it has Mike Talking lol