Meteora (20th Anniversary Edition) | Out April 7, 2023

BeardyWilderness

5 hours ago, Coizu said:

I wonder what the process for getting these higher qualities out was. It is definitely not like they just had the videos we had before in higher quality and they had to reupload them. The new version of Numb has a different aspect ratio and a vastly different color grading for example. Here is the exact same moment from the Numb video, and as you can see the new one is much more vibrant.

as9f6h5.png

XBaEKyM.png

Also what's really odd and I wonder if they are already aware of that: You get the original video upload when you select 360p instead of a downsampled version of the 4k version. Which is cool, that way it is easy to compare both versions. But the original 360p upload is totally out of sync with the audio. I assume audio for all versions is used from the new version while the old video had a shorter break in the beginning or something like that (that's why the screenshots have a different timestamp).

I wasn't able to find similar differences in other versions, but they seem to use the same base version of the video file for all quality options and I was too lazy to find a good upload of the original video quality.

it would be great to have an alternate version, similiar to original color pattern.

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Coizu said:

I wonder what the process for getting these higher qualities out was. It is definitely not like they just had the videos we had before in higher quality and they had to reupload them. The new version of Numb has a different aspect ratio and a vastly different color grading for example. Here is the exact same moment from the Numb video, and as you can see the new one is much more vibrant.

Also what's really odd and I wonder if they are already aware of that: You get the original video upload when you select 360p instead of a downsampled version of the 4k version. Which is cool, that way it is easy to compare both versions. But the original 360p upload is totally out of sync with the audio. I assume audio for all versions is used from the new version while the old video had a shorter break in the beginning or something like that (that's why the screenshots have a different timestamp).

I wasn't able to find similar differences in other versions, but they seem to use the same base version of the video file for all quality options and I was too lazy to find a good upload of the original video quality.

I noticed that too the colors in this new version are completely different than the old version. Like they had done some editing on the original film.

Everything in the old version seems more grey. . Especially in the very beginning of the video with the skyline it looks white/grey and more colors in the new version.

On 3/17/2023 at 5:25 PM, solidss said:

Do you know if the Mikes Shirt instrumental is an early demo instrumental or the same instrumental as the Manny Marroquin or Andy Wallace mix? 

I always thought the music used in Mikes Shirt sounded like an early demo instrumental version and not the same instrumental as the finished version.

For example, Cumulus, was an early demo instrumental that isn't exactly the same as the instrumental for the finished More The Victim.

I think it’s the same instrumental heard in the summer sanitarium video. I’ve isolated both of the music in the videos and the I think the only reason the song sounds a bit different is the difference in background noise between the two videos. The guitar is heard for a brief second at the start of the Mikes Shirt video, and it has the finalized tone, same as in the summer sanitarium video, so I doubt it’s a demo version. Both videos feature the finished Lost instrumental and it has to be the 2002 mix. It was the only mix that existed at the time.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

On 3/17/2023 at 9:02 PM, IWillWalkAway said:

Thank you. It’s nice when people listen, and check my sources i give rather than just saying “you don’t know that for sure.”

To be fair, you just put out a claim initially without any explanation on how you came to the conclusion. It's something we have seen around here for the last couple of weeks and you had to expect that people don't just follow your claim. If you would've provided your reasoning earlier people would've been much more positive towards you. So please don't spin this as "us" being skeptical because "we" had every reason to be so.

15 minutes ago, Trumtram said:

To be fair, you just put out a claim initially without any explanation on how you came to the conclusion. It's something we have seen around here for the last couple of weeks and you had to expect that people don't just follow your claim. If you would've provided your reasoning earlier people would've been much more positive towards you. So please don't spin this as "us" being skeptical because "we" had every reason to be so.

I haven’t been here the last couple of weeks for one. But I know that people often do that without saying any sources. No, I didn’t tell the sources I got them from because I am the source. I made the sonic connections between Broken Foot and the Rob drum track.

I never said anyone was skeptical, or that they shouldn’t be, you have every right to be. I just said it’d be nice if people would just take in the info and think about if it makes sense or not. Because the claim was very logical. Never said I expected positivity, but I expect people to read and look into things before judging.

On 3/16/2023 at 3:37 AM, IWillWalkAway said:

I’ve got Major news about the songs:

The rob drum track is “Healing Foot”

“Resolution” is likely to be the demo version of “Lost”.

I don’t know what “Wesside” and “Massive” are but will probably be brand new demos to us or possibly more complete versions of familiar demos.. Exciting stuff!!

Also, the special QR code could very likely be or include the original 2002 mix of Lost we’re getting also on the deluxe CD. Maybe it’ll be added at some point on streaming services too. That’d be really awesome.

That is what you wrote. You didn't give any source at all, not even your own ears. You just put it out there without any info on how you found out about it.

On 3/16/2023 at 3:33 PM, IWillWalkAway said:

Yea, just trust me guys 😉😉😉

It’s Healing Foot.

I got good ears so I was able to make the connections between it and another familar demo we know.

This was your answer to how you know that. You give a little bit of an explanation here but can't be bothered to mention what demo you are refering to. Again, nothing that verifies what you claimed initially and therefore it seemed like it was nothing more than baseless speculation which we had too much of during the last weeks.

And yet you still can't seem to understand why people reacted the way they did? Come on, man, just be a LITTLE self critical about the way you communicated your find. I think we all agree that you found out something really intriguing but don't act like everyone shitted on your claim for NO reason because as I pointed out, it took you 3(!) posts to finally explain everything. That's your fault alone.

With that being said, I never would have imagined that these two songs might be connected. It's still a bit crazy to me.

2 hours ago, Trumtram said:

That is what you wrote. You didn't give any source at all, not even your own ears. You just put it out there without any info on how you found out about it.

This was your answer to how you know that. You give a little bit of an explanation here but can't be bothered to mention what demo you are refering to. Again, nothing that verifies what you claimed initially and therefore it seemed like it was nothing more than baseless speculation which we had too much of during the last weeks.

And yet you still can't seem to understand why people reacted the way they did? Come on, man, just be a LITTLE self critical about the way you communicated your find. I think we all agree that you found out something really intriguing but don't act like everyone shitted on your claim for NO reason because as I pointed out, it took you 3(!) posts to finally explain everything. That's your fault alone.

With that being said, I never would have imagined that these two songs might be connected. It's still a bit crazy to me.

He likes to tease us. Mike is also teasing us. Lol 😁

On 3/20/2023 at 1:58 AM, Hybrider said:

It's amazing how they could upgrade 20 year old blurred video to nice quality detailed video as if it were recorded today.

The process of doing this for Star Trek: TNG on BluRay was incredible.

Literally had to find the original reels of film in storage, and re-edit the corresponding takes that were used in the original cuts, re-cut them and redo all the special effects and sounds - down to the planets and backgrounds - in every shot for 180 episodes

On 3/20/2023 at 10:06 AM, Trumtram said:

Homie, You’re overthinking stuff. It’s not that serious. And stop acting like you just know everything about my intents. I was never surprised by any reaction. I never thought anyone “SHITTED” on my claim. All I said was it’d be nice if people listen and take it in. I’m not perfect, don’t think anyone is, so if I made a slight mistake in this, it’s my apologies.

Healing Foot is indeed “Rob’s Drum Track”. It’s too similar to Broken Foot to not be correlated with it. I’ve known about this connection for a little while already, but never said anything up until recently.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

Fighting Myself is very, very much a demo until the bridge - then holy shit it takes off

Totally get why it was dropped - it would have needed too much work to fit the album and the were better choices, but wow it’s a good song

24 minutes ago, linkindan said:

Fighting Myself is very, very much a demo until the bridge - then holy shit it takes off

Totally get why it was dropped - it would have needed too much work to fit the album and the were better choices, but wow it’s a good song

The bridge sounds like the demo part of it