Meteora (20th Anniversary Edition) | Out April 7, 2023

BeardyWilderness

1 hour ago, Capacity said:

Stop throwing guesses as facts, please. This is the typical thing that starts spreading around YT with fake titles and I hate that. 

It’s not a guess. Listen to Broken Foot in full. There’s a part of the song with the EXACT same drum part, not to mention the demo is the same tempo and key. The correlation between the titles is a dead giveaway.

And yeah I hate it too. people are calling it Resolution right now, no idea why. Maybe they just thought the title fit it

Edited by IWillWalkAway

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

It’s not a guess. Listen to Broken Foot in full. There’s a part of the song with the EXACT same drum part, not to mention the demo is the same tempo and key. The correlation between the titles is a dead giveaway.

And yeah I hate it too. people are calling it Resolution right now, no idea why. Maybe they just thought the title fit it

Unless you have access to the box set, it's a guess. An educated guess, but a guess.

12 hours ago, Stranger said:

LP just upgraded the videos for "Somewhere I Belong" & "Breaking the Habit" in 1080p & "From the Inside" in 4K in conjunction of Meteora 20th Anniversary.

Thank god, finally they're watchable again.

4 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

At first I was confused by what drum part you were mentioning that was in “Broken Foot”, but I now know what drum part you’re talking about. You’re talking about the intro/chorus drum part. I can hear the similarities between the two for sure in terms of the drum part.

Edited by NJPLP

8 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

2 hours ago, solidss said:

Used AI to strip the drums from Broken Foot and Rob's meteora drums 

https://vocaroo.com/12ELt15uthJ2

It looks like you have very good ears. The drums are the same. You were right when you sayed a few years ago that loop from Mike's Shirt LPTV is a "Lost". Some of the fans didn't believe you back then. This is the similar situation. I will die if you will have right again that "Healing Foot" is a Rob drum demo. 😂

2 hours ago, daroker510 said:

Holy fuck, this is So Far Away. Now I believe they used parts from OSC into Plaster 2.

Edit: I wonder how are the lyrics and how they sound like because "Soundtrack" is de facto "So Far Away" and lyrics from it fits into "Soundtrack". And it clearly seems that they used parts from "Broken Foot" into a Rob drum demo which seems that its real name is a "Healing Foot". It would make a sense when they used drums from "Broken Foot".

Edit 2: It's amazing how different songs sound when you use the same drums from them but you just change the melody. I am impressed.

Edit 3: And some of the members of LPLive are barking like dogs and mock on those members who try to guess which demo is which but this forum is about it. About writing your thoughts here, presenting evidence and opinions on it. Some of you would be rather quiet and not discuss about it but this is amazing find and we wouldn't know about it when we don't write about guessing those names of demos. So if you don't want to write your thoughts before release and you want to just wait for release then be quiet and don't mock when you haven't evidences and thoughts.

Edited by Hybrider

On 3/16/2023 at 12:14 PM, Stranger said:

LP just upgraded the videos for "Somewhere I Belong" & "Breaking the Habit" in 1080p & "From the Inside" & "Faint" in 4K in conjunction of Meteora 20th Anniversary.

Somewhere I Belong got updated again and is also available in 4k now.

48 minutes ago, Coizu said:

Somewhere I Belong got updated again and is also available in 4k now.

I don't know if you noticed or not, but it looks like there is some sort of glitch in the video at around 0:53/0:54. It seems like it's always been there, as I just recently checked the "Somewhere I Belong" music video from the media content from the enhanced version of 'Meteora' that you can get from the Meteora art wall on linkinpark.com and it's there too.

Edited by NJPLP

3 hours ago, NJPLP said:

I don't know if you noticed or not, but it looks like there is some sort of glitch in the video at around 0:53/0:54. It seems like it's always been there, as I just recently checked the "Somewhere I Belong" music video from the media content from the enhanced version of 'Meteora' that you can get from the Meteora art wall on linkinpark.com and it's there too.

i can't check the original upload from 2007 to compare, but there's a little cut during this part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcs5PRxEXq4

14 hours ago, Hybrider said:

It looks like you have very good ears. The drums are the same. You were right when you sayed a few years ago that loop from Mike's Shirt LPTV is a "Lost". Some of the fans didn't believe you back then. This is the similar situation. I will die if you will have right again that "Healing Foot" is a Rob drum demo. 😂

Thank you. It’s nice when people listen, and check my sources i give rather than just saying “you don’t know that for sure.” It’s NEVER a flex, I just hear music very attentively, which is why I was able to figure out Mikes Shirt having the instrumental of Lost in it, some years back. I don’t know what else to say, other than it’s going to be Healing Foot. It’s not just a wild guess when it’s highly evidential. A wild guess was saying “Resolution” is the rob drum track.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

33 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Thank you. It’s nice when people listen, and check my sources i give rather than just saying “you don’t know that for sure.” It’s NEVER a flex, I just hear music very attentively, which is why I was able to figure out Mikes Shirt having the instrumental of Lost in it, some years back. I don’t know what else to say, other than it’s going to be Healing Foot. It’s not just a wild guess when it’s highly evidential. A wild guess was saying “Resolution” is the rob drum track.

hey man, I'll eat crow on this one. You're probably right. That sounds exactly the same

1 hour ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Totally agree with you. "Healing Foot" is probably Rob drum demo. And as you sayed, "Resolution" is probably the demo of "Lost". It was also on the songboard with other demos.

1 hour ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Do you know if the Mikes Shirt instrumental is an early demo instrumental or the same instrumental as the Manny Marroquin or Andy Wallace mix? 

I always thought the music used in Mikes Shirt sounded like an early demo instrumental version and not the same instrumental as the finished version.

For example, Cumulus, was an early demo instrumental that isn't exactly the same as the instrumental for the finished More The Victim.

4 minutes ago, solidss said:

Do you know if the Mikes Shirt instrumental is an early demo instrumental or the same instrumental as the Manny Marroquin or Andy Wallace mix? 

I always thought the music used in Mikes Shirt sounded like an early demo instrumental version and not the same instrumental as the finished version.

For example, Cumulus, was an early demo instrumental that isn't exactly the same as the instrumental for the finished More The Victim.

Manny started working w the band during LT, im not really sure if he also did ATS.

6 minutes ago, JZ-GreyDaze said:

Manny started working w the band during LT, im not really sure if he also did ATS.

I just found out the "Lost" track we have now on Spotify is mixed by Manny.

The Andy Wallace 2002 mix is going to be released exclusively on the 3CD deluxe edition (not available on the super deluxe)

I wonder what the process for getting these higher qualities out was. It is definitely not like they just had the videos we had before in higher quality and they had to reupload them. The new version of Numb has a different aspect ratio and a vastly different color grading for example. Here is the exact same moment from the Numb video, and as you can see the new one is much more vibrant.

as9f6h5.png

XBaEKyM.png

Also what's really odd and I wonder if they are already aware of that: You get the original video upload when you select 360p instead of a downsampled version of the 4k version. Which is cool, that way it is easy to compare both versions. But the original 360p upload is totally out of sync with the audio. I assume audio for all versions is used from the new version while the old video had a shorter break in the beginning or something like that (that's why the screenshots have a different timestamp).

I wasn't able to find similar differences in other versions, but they seem to use the same base version of the video file for all quality options and I was too lazy to find a good upload of the original video quality.

1 hour ago, Coizu said:

I wonder what the process for getting these higher qualities out was. It is definitely not like they just had the videos we had before in higher quality and they had to reupload them. The new version of Numb has a different aspect ratio and a vastly different color grading for example. Here is the exact same moment from the Numb video, and as you can see the new one is much more vibrant.

as9f6h5.png

XBaEKyM.png

Also what's really odd and I wonder if they are already aware of that: You get the original video upload when you select 360p instead of a downsampled version of the 4k version. Which is cool, that way it is easy to compare both versions. But the original 360p upload is totally out of sync with the audio. I assume audio for all versions is used from the new version while the old video had a shorter break in the beginning or something like that (that's why the screenshots have a different timestamp).

I wasn't able to find similar differences in other versions, but they seem to use the same base version of the video file for all quality options and I was too lazy to find a good upload of the original video quality.

It's amazing how they could upgrade 20 year old blurred video to nice quality detailed video as if it were recorded today.

1 hour ago, Coizu said:

as9f6h5.png

XBaEKyM.png

FTI and Numb were recorded back to back. I guess that those videos were recorded straight to film and got a 4k rescan.