• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, linkindan said:

Well that’s… awful

Like most of the metal versions of OML. One thing that I really despise of the metal community is when they make a metal version of a pop hit which they consider awful, but when it has downtuned guitars and double bass, then it's marvelous. Guess what happens? If the original song was bad, the metal version... Still being bad. And, really? You eat any shit if it has loud guitars?

PS: I'm not bashing Lost, but the necessity of making everything METAL to be valid

I’ve got Major news about the songs:

The rob drum track is “Healing Foot”

“Resolution” is likely to be the demo version of “Lost”.

I don’t know what “Wesside” and “Massive” are but will probably be brand new demos to us or possibly more complete versions of familiar demos.. Exciting stuff!!

Also, the special QR code could very likely be or include the original 2002 mix of Lost we’re getting also on the deluxe CD. Maybe it’ll be added at some point on streaming services too. That’d be really awesome.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

1 hour ago, IWillWalkAway said:

I don’t know what “Wesside” and “Massive” are but will probably be brand new demos to us or possibly more complete versions of familiar demos.. Exciting stuff!!

Also, the special QR code could very likely be or include the original 2002 mix of Lost we’re getting also on the deluxe CD. Maybe it’ll be added at some point on streaming services too. That’d be really awesome.

From where you got this info?

2 hours ago, bloodbath said:

Like most of the metal versions of OML. One thing that I really despise of the metal community is when they make a metal version of a pop hit which they consider awful, but when it has downtuned guitars and double bass, then it's marvelous. Guess what happens? If the original song was bad, the metal version... Still being bad. And, really? You eat any shit if it has loud guitars?

PS: I'm not bashing Lost, but the necessity of making everything METAL to be valid

Lost is good as it is. 2002 mix will be better. Those metal versions sucks.

1 hour ago, IWillWalkAway said:

News? Without proof?

The theories about the Lost Demos tracks are getting really boring.

7 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Source: dude trust me

Edited by IntensityJS

8 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

The special QR is a new unreleased remix of Burn it Down

11 hours ago, linkindan said:

Well that’s… awful

Yeah like the terrible metal version of “Heavy” someone did in 2017… IF one of the biggest bands of the last 2 decades decides to make a song that has a specific sound, it doesn’t mean that a metal version will be better automatically 😂😂 falls in the “metal head stereotypical way of thinking” 😂

10 hours ago, bloodbath said:

I just want to point out that Nik actually liked Lost and also says his metal versions are shit so he's self-aware and not really trying to "fix" the song.

1 hour ago, Stranger said:

LP just upgraded the videos for "Somewhere I Belong" & "Breaking the Habit" in 1080p & "From the Inside" in 4K in conjunction of Meteora 20th Anniversary.

They didn't upgrade the music videos for "Faint" and "Numb". Maybe they'll do those ones at a later date or something.

1 hour ago, STRANGELOVE92 said:

Yeah like the terrible metal version of “Heavy” someone did in 2017… IF one of the biggest bands of the last 2 decades decides to make a song that has a specific sound, it doesn’t mean that a metal version will be better automatically 😂😂 falls in the “metal head stereotypical way of thinking” 😂

“There - that’s your nu-metal version, now shut the fuck up!”

- paraphrasing Chester Bennington 2017, Third Encore OML rehearsals

4 hours ago, IntensityJS said:

Source: dude trust me

Yea, just trust me guys 😉😉😉

It’s Healing Foot.

I got good ears so I was able to make the connections between it and another familar demo we know.

7 hours ago, solidss said:

Isnt the 2002 mix of lost just a looped instrumental that was used for background music on LPTV episodes or is there another mix that you guys are thinking of?

The 2002 Mix was the instrumental behind SUMMER SANITARIUM and Mikes Shirt LPTV’s. It’ll be that instrumental in full with the vocals. Literally, it’s a fully finished Meteora track we’ve never heard.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

45 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Yea, just trust me guys 😉😉😉

It’s Healing Foot.

I got good ears so I was able to make the connections between it and another familar demo we know.

Is it confirmed that the Meteora Rob drum demo is truly "Healing Foot"?

If it's the case that it's true, then that knocks one song down on what songs are what on the Lost Demos.

I still think that "Soundtrack" is the instrumental demo of "Wesside" and that "Wesside" is a more developed version of "Soundtrack" with live drums, scratching, and vocals, based off how the lengths of the songs are almost the exact same (Soundtrack: 3:15 / Wesside: 3:14).

I'm not too entirely sure on if "Ominous" is the instrumental demo of "Massive" and that "Massive" is a more developed version of "Ominous" with live drums, scratching, and vocals. The only reason why I thought that was mainly because they both have the same exact length of 3:08.

Maybe "Resolution" is an early version of "Lost", who knows.

Edited by NJPLP

2 hours ago, NJPLP said:

I still think that "Soundtrack" is the instrumental demo of "Wesside" and that "Wesside" is a more developed version of "Soundtrack" with live drums, scratching, and vocals, based off how the lengths of the songs are almost the exact same (Soundtrack: 3:15 / Wesside: 3:14).

I'm not too entirely sure on if "Ominous" is the instrumental demo of "Massive" and that "Massive" is a more developed version of "Ominous" with live drums, scratching, and vocals. The only reason why I thought that was mainly because they both have the same exact length of 3:08.

A lot of songs have the same length, so it’s impossible to tell with that. Massive and Wesside are probably gonna be new demos to us entirely. Massive MIGHT be a more completed Soundtrack but we don’t know yet. Wesside is definitely a demo title, so it’ll probably be new.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

3 hours ago, NJPLP said:

Maybe "Resolution" is an early version of "Lost", who knows.

I think Resolution is Lost’s working title. Lost had to have been one of the titles on the board with the other songs that did make the cut, since it made it all the way through the process.

We heard “Resolution” get mentioned in the BBB soundbites video (unlisted), that had the clip of an early demo version of Lost. 

15 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

I think Resolution is Lost’s working title. Lost had to have been one of the titles on the board with the other songs that did make the cut, since it made it all the way through the process.

We heard “Resolution” get mentioned in the BBB soundbites video (unlisted), that had the clip of an early demo version of Lost. 

Yes, this is why I also think that "Resolution" is "Lost" demo.

17 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Stop throwing guesses as facts, please. This is the typical thing that starts spreading around YT with fake titles and I hate that.