BeardyWilderness

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My guess is the Rob drum track is "Massive"

And since that BBB SOUNDBITES video says "This is Resolution", it sounds like it could be an instrumental/demo version of Lost before Chester did vocals on it. 

Edited by solidss

1 hour ago, solidss said:

My guess is the Rob drum track is "Massive"

And since that BBB SOUNDBITES video says "This is Resolution", it sounds like it could be an instrumental/demo version of Lost before Chester did vocals on it. 

Who knows what "Massive", "Healing Foot", "Wesside", and "Resolution" truly are. Only time will tell. Only on April 7th will we find out the truth and, hopefully, put an end to the never ending questions and speculations about the Lost Demos.

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion, that will be the prediction.

17 march - release More the Victim Or Fighting myself

24 march - exclusive release show streaming

31 march - Mike Shinoda Unboxing (Meteora 20th super deluxe)

07 April - Meteora Release.

I have a feeling that "Broken Foot" is probably "Healing Foot" with vocals, based off this quote that Mike wrote in the LPU 11 booklet: "This was what I imagine all our Meteora demos sounded like. I always thought this might have sounded cool with some rapping in the verses."

Also, I think that "Massive" or "Wesside" is probably "Soundtrack" with vocals, based off this quote that Mike wrote in the LPU 11 booklet: "We tried different vocal treatments, but they never really panned out; I think we felt this track was a bit too poppy. We tried turning the guitars up really loud to counterbalance it, but at the end of the day, this song didn't make the cut."

Who knows, to be honest. We'll end up finding out on April 7th.

Edited by NJPLP

As @NJPLP stated in other post,

on the "Art of Meteora" appears lyrics from unknown Meteora demos we probably don't know about that was scribbled on the Meteora art wall by Chester.

1) "Somebody angry (with the word ‘angry’ crossed out) broken." - More The Victim

2) "I've carried this weight for too long... Disassociated, unappreciated. And everything I've hated, keeping me so jaded. I look into the mirror, and I hate what I see. All my lifes disfunction, alive in front of me." - Unknown

3) "Wait ‘til I’m free, I promise you’ll see." - Unknown

4) "And everything I thought it'd be is nothing like it is." - Unknown

Maybe these last 3 lyrics are from the new demos: A6, Resolution, Healing Foot (?).. I think Wesside and Massive don't have vocals.

Rob said, "We had so many songs. We actually went into the studio with 18 songs that we recorded drums on." And according to a studio report from Mike, in total, the band worked on 15 full songs for the album, with 12 of them making the final cut. "Fighting Myself" and "A6" weren't in the final batch. "Lost", "More The Victim" and "Resolution" were in the final batch of 15 songs. 

So, I think the next unreleased songs with full vocals are "Resolution" , "A6" and maybe "Healing Foot".

Edited by resolutiondemo

1 hour ago, resolutiondemo said:

As @NJPLP stated in other post,

on the "Art of Meteora" appears lyrics from unknown Meteora demos we probably don't know about that was scribbled on the Meteora art wall by Chester.

1) "Somebody angry (with the word ‘angry’ crossed out) broken." - More The Victim

2) "I've carried this weight for too long... Disassociated, unappreciated. And everything I've hated, keeping me so jaded. I look into the mirror, and I hate what I see. All my lifes disfunction, alive in front of me." - Unknown

3) "Wait ‘til I’m free, I promise you’ll see." - Unknown

4) "And everything I thought it'd be is nothing like it is." - Unknown

Maybe these last 3 lyrics are from the new demos: A6, Resolution, Healing Foot (?).. I think Wesside and Massive don't have vocals.

Rob said, "We had so many songs. We actually went into the studio with 18 songs that we recorded drums on." And according to a studio report from Mike, in total, the band worked on 15 full songs for the album, with 12 of them making the final cut. "Fighting Myself" and "A6" weren't in the final batch. "Lost", "More The Victim" and "Resolution" were in the final batch of 15 songs. 

So, I think the next unreleased songs with full vocals are "Resolution" , "A6" and maybe "Healing Foot".

Based off this info, maybe "Serpent" is indeed the working title to "Lost", as @IWillWalkAway has said multiple times before. Also, you know how there is a blank space on the Meteora board in between "Cuidado" and "Pretty Birdie" that has an X over the drums column? Maybe that's "Nobody's Listening", which probably didn't have a name at the time of that footage when they were at NRG Studios (which is shown in the Making of Meteora), which explains why it's blank. And "Nocturnal" is probably the working title to "Numb", based off none of the sections being filled in at the time that the footage was taken, meaning they worked on it after the footage that was shown, which isn't shown in the footage.

There's also the possibility that the blank space on the Meteora board in between "Cuidado" and "Pretty Birdie" that has an X over the drums column is "Numb", which, again, probably didn't have a name at the time of that footage when they were at NRG Studios (which is shown in the Making of Meteora), which explains why it's blank. Same could apply to "Nocturnal" probably being the working title to "Nobody's Listening", again, based off none of the sections being filled in at the time that the footage was taken, meaning they worked on it after the footage that was shown, which isn't shown in the footage.

Edited by NJPLP

3 hours ago, Ex97 said:

Do we know for sure Bert isn’t on Faint at the Denver 2004 show? I know it’s not listed on the set but if I recall before we got the Bristow recording in 2019 he wasn’t listed on the set list on LPLive but we did do Faint with them. Maybe whoever provided the set back then forgot he came out. No big deal just wondering since I’m a big fan of The Used. 

A proshot w Bert it's one of my personal holy grails i would be very disappointed if Snoop is not there.

19 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

I wonder what that special Meteora Card with the QR code that Mike said we should check out when the box set drops was.. Seems like something really interesting..

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a download of Lost (Original 2002 Mix)

1 hour ago, yagamilight207 said:

a bit of buzzkill considering they have exclusively put that mix in the CD bundle.

All we know for sure is that the CD bundle is the only physical pressing of that track. It could still turn up on LPU or the QR code as a surprise track, cause we don’t know what either are getting as part of the release.

21 minutes ago, linkindan said:

All we know for sure is that the CD bundle is the only physical pressing of that track. It could still turn up on LPU or the QR code as a surprise track, cause we don’t know what either are getting as part of the release.

could be, since the tracklist was leaked, they put this in as a surprise indeed. until everyone receive their box set, nobody except LP and Warner will know what's the QR content unless someone internally got hold of the paper or the LPL team managed to enhance the QR from the video good enough to be scanned.

Edited by yagamilight207

I'm pretty sure Mike was smart enough not to ever show the back side of the QR card, so we just need to be patient. It probably won't be active until release day anyway.

Wonder what the impetus was for changing the box style for Meteora compared to HT - manufacturing costs, maybe? I think I personally prefer the "box of stuff" style rather than the photo album style, but the box still looks really nice and very thoughtfully put together. Can't wait to get mine.

On 2/18/2023 at 12:02 AM, Hybrider said:

I hope we will hear some "new" music in the new documentary. And I hope one day we will also get some more Meteora demos with vocals. At least "Soundtrack" with some vocals exist.

"We tried different vocal treatments, but they never really panned out; I think we felt this track was a bit too poppy. We tried turning the guitars up really loud to counterbalance it, but at the end of the day, this song didn't make the cut." - Mike Shinoda about "Soundtrack".

On 2/18/2023 at 12:15 AM, leftshoe18 said:

Massive, Resolution or Wesside could end up being Soundtrack with vocals.

On 2/18/2023 at 7:30 PM, resolutiondemo said:

I hope we will hear vocals in demos like Wesside, Resolution, Healing Foot, A6 and Massive. Maybe "Soundtrack" and "Rhinocerous" have vocals but didn't make the cut:  "And even to this day a lot of the songs on Meteora are some of the best songs we've written and they're the most fun to play live and unfortunately Rhinocerous didn't make the cut but it was certainly part of the journey to get there." Brad Delson about "Rhinocerous".

I just found something interesting about "Wesside" and "Soundtrack". The length of "Wesside" is 3:14. The length of "Soundtrack" is 3:15. I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or not that they both have almost the exact same length as each other, but it's kind of suspicious and interesting. I'm starting to think that "Soundtrack" is the instrumental demo of "Wesside" and that "Wesside" is a more developed version of "Soundtrack" with live drums, scratching, and vocals.

I also think that "Broken Foot" is the instrumental demo of "Healing Foot" and that "Healing Foot" is a more developed version of "Broken Foot" with live drums, scratching, and vocals.

I think that "Ominous" is probably the instrumental demo of "Massive" and that "Massive" is probably a more developed version of "Ominous" with live drums, scratching, and vocals. The reason why I think that is mainly because they both have the same exact length of 3:08.

I'm pretty positive that "Resolution" is the Meteora Rob drum demo heard in the Making of Meteora/LPTV Episode 1: The Writing Process.

I could be wrong with all of this stuff, though, that's what I'm currently thinking.

Edited by NJPLP

38 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

I just found something interesting about "Wesside" and "Soundtrack". The length of "Wesside" is 3:14. The length of "Soundtrack" is 3:15. I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or not that they both have almost the exact same length as each other, but it's kind of suspicious and interesting. I'm starting to think that "Soundtrack" is the instrumental demo of "Wesside" and that "Wesside" is a more developed version of "Soundtrack" with live drums, scratching, and vocals.

I also think that "Broken Foot" is the instrumental demo of "Healing Foot" and that "Healing Foot" is a more developed version of "Broken Foot" with live drums, scratching, and vocals.

I think that "Ominous" is probably the instrumental demo of "Massive" and that "Massive" is probably a more developed version of "Ominous" with live drums, scratching, and vocals. The reason why I think that is mainly because they both have the same exact length of 3:08.

I'm pretty positive that "Resolution" is the Meteora Rob drum demo heard in the Making of Meteora/LPTV Episode 1: The Writing Process.

I could be wrong with all of this stuff, though, that's what I'm currently thinking.

Maybe... Martinez in chatbox stated: "reminder: 14 songs, half of them with vocals, 5 of them fully almost finished"

Lost, Fighting Myself, More The Victim. I think the others are likely Healing Foot and Resolution. I hope A6 has full vocals too.

Edited by resolutiondemo