• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, martinez said:

Reveal hidden contents

I heard literally just 20 seconds of HF to not spoil anything before April and it sounds like I predicted of how it's gonna sound with Chester vocals.

Question to everyone collecting media. What do you do with "Lost (2002 Mix)"? Do you will add it to the main folder of Meteora (20th Anniversary Edition) album? If yes, do you will add it as a 14 track ti the Meteora album (1st disc) or you will add it to the last disc as a 15th track?

14 track of Meteora by the way I wonder if they are going to add a transition from Numb to Lost

It reminds me a lot of Mike's Enjoy The Silence remix. Chester is also singing kind of like he did on Hybrid Theory EP.

It's so nice hearing the full song after listening to that clip for the past 20 years. I didn't expect it to actually have vocals since it doesn't even have a final title.

3 hours ago, martinez said:

Reveal hidden contents

I heard literally just 20 seconds of HF to not spoil anything before April and it sounds like I predicted of how it's gonna sound with Chester vocals.

Question to everyone collecting media. What do you do with "Lost (2002 Mix)"? Do you will add it to the main folder of Meteora (20th Anniversary Edition) album? If yes, do you will add it as a 14 track ti the Meteora album (1st disc) or you will add it to the last disc as a 15th track?

I'll add it to the Meteora album as track 14. 

1 hour ago, JZ-GreyDaze said:

14 track of Meteora by the way I wonder if they are going to add a transition from Numb to Lost

My guess is there probably won’t be one based on how Lost starts and how Numb ends, and also the length of the 2002 mix is the same (3:19)

but we’ll have to see maybe they had one for Lost back in 2002-03. It wouldn’t surprise me as it was literally a fully done album track that just got removed in favor of having 12 songs.

I think Mike confirmed that “Lost” was the only other song besides all the album tracks, that they actually took into the final mix in NYC. He said somewhere he thought they took 13 to the mix and 12 made it onto the album. 

Edit: He did say it in “The FADER” interview on Meteora20

I still can’t wait to have a mix of Lost that will blend in with the rest of the album’s sound.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

I'm curious we all assumed resolution would be the piano drum track but turned out to be healing foot. 

I wonder what became of broken foot. Hope we get it soon,because lost was 7/10 fighting myself was your average nu metal band track but healing foot is the epitome of Linkin Park, this is the only track where I think should've definitely made it on the album

1 hour ago, IWillWalkAway said:

It’s legendary to hear “Healing Foot”. I never thought that song would have received a FULL version of vocals. Another dream come true with this release.

You also predicted that the Meteora Rob drum track is "Healing Foot", as well as TTTAMP being a full song ("Lost"). I wonder if your prediction of "Resolution" being a demo/early version of "Lost" will be correct. I guess we'll find out on April 7th.

30 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

You also predicted that the Meteora Rob drum track is "Healing Foot", as well as TTTAMP being a full song ("Lost"). I wonder if your prediction of "Resolution" being a demo/early version of "Lost" will be correct. I guess we'll find out on April 7th.

Resolution was the name the person on that recorder was saying in the teaser videos for Lost, so I think it's a pretty strong guess. It would be cool if it had the "TTAMP" vocal on it so we can hear that idea in context. 

I'm still blown away by the surprise of Healing Foot having that full of an arrangement. I still think the majority of the Lost Demos are not gonna have full vocals, but now I can't help but hope at least one or two more will. This is an awesome release. 

Here's a list of what we do and don't know about the Lost Demos:

Lost - This is the famous "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride" (TTTAMP) track that was first heard in the Making Of Meteroa. Has vocals.

Fighting Myself - This is a demo from the Meteora sessions that Linkin Park worked on, but never fully finished at that time. Has vocals.

More The Victim - This a more developed version of "Cumulus" with live drums, scratching, and vocals, in which "Cumulus" was the demo version of this song that was released in 2013 as a part of LPU XIII (13).

Massive - Unknown what it truly is at the moment. Has vocals.

Healing Foot - This the Meteora Rob drum demo heard in the Making Of Meteora. Has vocals.

A6 (Meteora|20 Demo) - This is most likely a version of "A6" with vocals. It's currently unknown what it sounds like, instrumentally wise. Also, it's unknown if the line "Just drag it out, remember" is truly in "A6". Supposedly, the song just has Mike vocals, though, that could be wrong.

Cuidado - This is the demo of "Lying from You". Most likely has vocals, based off it being shown that on the Meteora song board that Chester did partial vocals for "Cuidado", which was shown in the Making Of Meteora.

Husky - This is the demo of "Hit the Floor". Most likely is one of the versions with one of the numerous singing-style choruses done by Mike and Chester, as mentioned in the Meteora booklet. Most likely has vocals because of that.

Interrogation - This is the demo of "Easier to Run". Unknown if it will have vocals or not.

Faint (Meteora|20 Demo) - This is a demo version of "Faint". Unknown if it's the 70 BPM demo version, an earlier version than the LPU 9 demo version, or if it's a more developed version than the LPU 9 demo version. Unknown if it will have vocals or not.

Plaster 2 / Plaster II - This is the demo of "Figure.09". This is most likely the singing verses demo version that did at NRG, as mentioned in the Meteora booklet. Most likely has vocals because of that.

Shifter - This is the demo of "From the Inside". Unknown if it will have vocals or not.

Wesside - Unknown what it truly is at the moment. Unknown if it will have vocals or not. Supposedly, the song is an instrumental, though, that could be wrong.

Resolution - @IWillWalkAway speculates that this is a demo/early version of "Lost". Someone else mentioned that the song is indeed the demo of "Lost". Has vocals

Also, we don't know what these lyrics belong to, in terms of the Lost Demos:

"I've carried this weight for too long... Disassociated, unappreciated. And everything I've hated, keeping me so jaded. I look into the mirror, and I hate what I see. All my lifes disfuction, alive in front of me." - Unknown at the moment.

"And everything I thought it'd be is nothing like it is.” - Unknown at the moment

“Wait ‘til I’m free, I promise you’ll see.” - Unknown at the moment

“Somebody angry (with the word ‘angry’ crossed out) broken." - More The Victim

I found these lyrics in the Art Of Meteora when they shown parts of the Meteora art wall. I made a topic about it a couple years ago: 

Update (Edit): New information for some of these songs, though, it could be wrong.

Edited by NJPLP

I think a lot of the songs are probably gonna have vocals. They all did on Forgotten Demos on HT20 anyways.

Lost, Fighting Myself, and More The Victim just have more completed lyrics, whereas we heard in Healing Foot, sounds a lot more like demo lyrics.

If Resolution is a demo of Lost, It’d be cool if the “Thoughts That Take Away My Pride” lyric was in there. It was on the art wall at one point I believe right?

Edited by IWillWalkAway

9 hours ago, martinez said:

Reveal hidden contents

I put all the forgotten demos (minus the couple we already had) from HT20 in an album called “Hybrid Theory - 20th Anniversary Edition” with the box set cover on iTunes (as I had all the other tracks already), then added the leaked Pictureboard - Xero Demo to the end of it.

Was going to do this with M20 and Lost - 2002 Mix too, but as it’s being officially released on the Meteora disc I’m conflicted aha

1 hour ago, IWillWalkAway said:

If Resolution is a demo of Lost, It’d be cool if the “Thoughts That Take Away My Pride” lyric was in there. It was on the art wall at one point I believe right?

it is doubtful. On a call in the discord, Mike was asked about this line in early version "Lost" and he went to check this piece, after that he wonder and did not remember this line. 99% chance he'd listened to all the lost demos by that moment. So this words can't be on "Lost demos".

5 minutes ago, dronnin said:

it is doubtful. On a call in the discord, Mike was asked about this line in early version "Lost" and he went to check this piece, after that he wonder and did not remember this line. 99% chance he'd listened to all the lost demos by that moment. So this words can't be on "Lost demos".

Mike could be lying not to give it away 

34 minutes ago, xeroboi said:

Mike could be lying not to give it away 

it's weird to lie about demo of unreleased track when it comes out but reveal Rob's track info when he was asked on tiktok

But I can believe in the version that he has a leaky memory

2 minutes ago, dronnin said:

it's weird to lie about demo of unreleased track when it comes out but reveal Rob's track info when he was asked on tiktok

also, i can't get out my head that this version of Healing Foot has a different drum take than the Making Of, sounds very programmed (btw, same drum from Broken Foot)
and that drum fill (from the brigde) isn't there...
i wonder what's the background of this.

50 minutes ago, unksoldier2000 said:

also, i can't get out my head that this version of Healing Foot has a different drum take than the Making Of, sounds very programmed (btw, same drum from Broken Foot)
and that drum fill (from the brigde) isn't there...
i wonder what's the background of this.

He could’ve just been practicing over that song and then it never was actually recorded as they decided to go with other songs over HF

57 minutes ago, dronnin said:

He never explicitly said anything about it though just that we’d “find out soon enough” regarding which demo it was in lost demos.

1 hour ago, dronnin said:

He said that they tried using those lyrics in the bridge, probably because by that point they had already written a better chorus, but instead dropped those lyrics entirely for “I try to keep this pain inside but I will never be alright”.

Beautiful time to be a LP fan, with all these releases and the major release of Meteora 20th, it's quite beautiful, it's like witnessing the release of a new album although in theory that's how the "Lost Demos" is, like the old good days.

Well the only question remains is what is the next holy grail? And its the rest of the xero Chester songs we don't have, I don't know bout yall, mtm would be awesome and I would definitely want to hear chicken basket in its full form. The way mike describes it. 

Shit wrong thread

Edited by Awalkinthelinkinpark
Shit wrong thread

See the thing about “Resolution” being an early demo of Lost is that this demo is nearly 5 minutes long and longer than anything else we’ve ever heard in terms of Meteora era demos. Lost was only 3:19. Highly doubtful this one has a sitch like Primo/I’ll Be Gone cause they weren’t THAT experimental back in the day.

Edited by IntensityJS

On 3/15/2023 at 9:37 PM, IWillWalkAway said:

I’ve got Major news about the songs:

The rob drum track is “Healing Foot”

“Resolution” is likely to be the demo version of “Lost”.

I don’t know what “Wesside” and “Massive” are but will probably be brand new demos to us or possibly more complete versions of familiar demos.. Exciting stuff!!

Also, the special QR code could very likely be or include the original 2002 mix of Lost we’re getting also on the deluxe CD. Maybe it’ll be added at some point on streaming services too. That’d be really awesome.

Damn you were right about it holy shit.

Let's see what happens w your next prediction.

My apologies 😅