Meteora (20th Anniversary Edition) | Out April 7, 2023

BeardyWilderness

6 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Why do you keep saying this? lol

That was written when the guy from listening party firstly said, that it's a Lost demo and after a few hours he sayed it's not a Lost demo. I don't know how to delete that. 😂

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Wild Stuff. I always thought the instrumental in the Wizard Song sounded like Lost. Must be a super early version of the demo. Can’t wait to hear it.

I just can't hear it. To me, Lost and Resolution/TWS couldn't be any farther apart in their instrumental.

On 3/25/2023 at 3:23 PM, NJPLP said:

Here's a list of what we do and don't know about the Lost Demos:

Lost - This is the famous "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride" (TTTAMP) track that was first heard in the Making Of Meteroa. Has vocals.

Fighting Myself - This is a demo from the Meteora sessions that Linkin Park worked on, but never fully finished at that time. Has vocals.

More The Victim - This is a more developed version of "Cumulus" with live drums, scratching, and vocals, in which "Cumulus" was the demo version of this song that was released in 2013 as a part of LPU XIII (13).

Massive - Unknown what it truly is at the moment. Has vocals.

Healing Foot - This is the Meteora Rob drum demo heard in the Making Of Meteora. Has vocals.

A6 (Meteora|20 Demo) - This is most likely a version of "A6" with vocals. It's currently unknown what it sounds like, instrumentally wise. Also, it's unknown if the line "Just drag it out, remember" is truly in "A6". Supposedly, the song just has Mike vocals, though, that could be wrong.

Cuidado - This is the demo of "Lying from You". Most likely has vocals, based off it being shown that on the Meteora song board that Chester did partial vocals for "Cuidado", which was shown in the Making Of Meteora.

Husky - This is the demo of "Hit the Floor". Most likely is one of the versions with one of the numerous singing-style choruses done by Mike and Chester, as mentioned in the Meteora booklet. Most likely has vocals because of that.

Interrogation - This is the demo of "Easier to Run". Unknown if it will have vocals or not.

Faint (Meteora|20 Demo) - This is a demo version of "Faint". Unknown if it's the 70 BPM demo version, an earlier version than the LPU 9 demo version, or if it's a more developed version than the LPU 9 demo version. Unknown if it will have vocals or not.

Plaster 2 / Plaster II - This is the demo of "Figure.09". This is most likely the singing verses demo version that did at NRG, as mentioned in the Meteora booklet. Most likely has vocals because of that.

Shifter - This is the demo of "From the Inside". Unknown if it will have vocals or not.

Wesside - Unknown what it truly is at the moment. Unknown if it will have vocals or not. Supposedly, the song is an instrumental, though, that could be wrong.

Resolution - @IWillWalkAway speculates that this is a demo/early version of "Lost". Someone else mentioned that the song is indeed the demo of "Lost". Has vocals

Also, we don't know what these lyrics belong to, in terms of the Lost Demos:

"I've carried this weight for too long... Disassociated, unappreciated. And everything I've hated, keeping me so jaded. I look into the mirror, and I hate what I see. All my lifes disfuction, alive in front of me." - Unknown at the moment.

"And everything I thought it'd be is nothing like it is.” - Unknown at the moment

“Wait ‘til I’m free, I promise you’ll see.” - Unknown at the moment

“Somebody angry (with the word ‘angry’ crossed out) broken." - More The Victim

I found these lyrics in the Art Of Meteora when they shown parts of the Meteora art wall. I made a topic about it a couple years ago: 

Update (Edit): New information for some of these songs, though, it could be wrong.

Here's a new updated list from this original post I made a little more than a week ago:

Lost - This is the famous "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride" (TTTAMP) track that was first heard in the Making Of Meteroa. Has vocals from Chester and Mike.

Fighting Myself - This is a demo from the Meteora sessions that Linkin Park worked on, but never fully finished at that time. Has vocals from Chester and Mike.

More The Victim - This is a more developed version of "Cumulus" with live drums, scratching, and vocals, in which "Cumulus" was the demo version of this song that was released in 2013 as a part of LPU XIII (13) Has vocals from Chester and Mike.

Massive - This demo is an alternative metal-sounding track. Has vocals from Mike.

Healing Foot - This is the Meteora Rob drum demo heard in the Making Of Meteora. Has vocals from Chester and Mike.

A6 (Meteora|20 Demo) - This is a version of "A6" with vocals. It's currently unknown what it sounds like, instrumentally wise. The line "Just drag it out, remember" is not in this version of "A6". This version has vocals from Mike. The Chester version of the song is still unreleased, however.

Cuidado - This is the demo of "Lying from You". This is an instrumental (no vocals).

Husky - This is the demo of "Hit the Floor". This demo has different rap verses. Has vocals from Mike.

Interrogation - This is the demo of "Easier to Run". This is an instrumental (no vocals).

Faint (Meteora|20 Demo) - This is a demo version of "Faint". This version is a similar, yet different version to the LPU 9 demo version. Has vocals from Mike.

Plaster 2 / Plaster II - This is the demo of "Figure.09". I'm not sure if this is the singing verses demo version that did at NRG, as mentioned in the Meteora booklet, or if it's something completely different, but we'll find out eventually. Has vocals from Mike.

Shifter - This is the demo of "From the Inside". Has vocals from Mike.

Wesside - This demo is a rap-sounding track with a Meteora style sound to it. This is an instrumental (no vocals).

Resolution - @IWillWalkAway speculated that this was a demo/early version of "Lost". It is in fact "The Wizard Song". Has vocals from Mike.

Also, we don't know what these lyrics belong to, in terms of the Lost Demos:

"I've carried this weight for too long... Disassociated, unappreciated. And everything I've hated, keeping me so jaded. I look into the mirror, and I hate what I see. All my lifes disfuction, alive in front of me." - Unknown at the moment.

"And everything I thought it'd be is nothing like it is.” - Unknown at the moment

“Wait ‘til I’m free, I promise you’ll see.” - Unknown at the moment

“Somebody angry (with the word ‘angry’ crossed out) broken." - More The Victim

I found these lyrics in the Art Of Meteora when they shown parts of the Meteora art wall. I made a topic about it a couple years ago: 

This new list has new information, thanks to @LPAAltwireDerek, who made an article on the Lost Demos tracks when he heard them at the listening party in Spain on March 31st. Here's the topic for that, by the way: 

Edited by NJPLP

Let me add some things to your above list.

A6 (Meteora|20 Demo) - Virtually identical instrumentally to the LPU9 long version. Just a little rawer/less refined, and with a high-pitched bell like synth in the instrumental choruses and outro that doesn't exist at all in any other version.

Cuidado - Instrunental, but missing the carnival-like sample from the final. Does contain a sample in the choruses that doesn't exist in the final.

Husky - Instrumental super similar to final, but again, less refined.

Interrogation - Lots more reverb, and atmosphere. Strings buried deep in mix of chorus, and the bridge has piano.

Faint (Meteora|20 Demo) - Uses a very similar extended intro to what was found in the LPU9 acetate version. Fun extended outro with powerchords and scratching.

Plaster 2 / Plaster II - No sung vocals from Chester at all. Just rap from Mike. Different lyrics than the LPU9 demo. Bridge has a distorted riff that makes me think of Staind.

Shifter - Rap vocals in verses, singing by Mike in choruses. Lyrics 110% different than From The Inside. Imagery of water, golden colors of dawn, etc.

Awesome! Can’t wait to hear all of these legendary demos!

By the way, since Resolution is on the meteora board in NRG, i’ve basically come to the conclusion that it’s a demo of “Lost”. Same tempo, key and chord progression and I don’t think out of 18 songs they would have brought another Lost into the studio. It’s also among 15 songs on the board which are probably the songs in the final process, which we know all of now, and I think TWS/Resolution resembles Lost to heavily to not be a demo for it. Just saying that because it was on the board, it kind of makes sense that it would be. Also the BBB sound bites video. I think the evidence is enough but it’d be good at some point to get it confirmed by Mike if we can. And of course I’ve gotta hear it first too to judge lol.

22 hours ago, Hybrider said:

It's because Meteora is even better than Hybrid Theroy and the best album they ever did. 

It's good, but not their best. Even Mike doesn't think it is. 

I'm excited for this week, but if I'm being honest, I'm more anxious for what the LPU might be doing. I might sign back up after 7 years. Definitely exciting times for LP fans.

1 hour ago, rsw2010 said:

It's good, but not their best. Even Mike doesn't think it is. 

This. Meteora was, in many spots, a copy and paste of Hybrid Theory. This is proven by how easily Fighting Myself's vocals fit over the Papercut instrumental. Unfortunately, they fit a little TOO perfectly. And this can be done with other songs too.

It's not meant to impugn the album. There are some absolute classics on there. But to see ATS and somehow say Meteora is inferior compared to it? That's a pretty lousy take, lol. It's OK to prefer Meteora over ATS, but from a technical and songwriting standpoint (if we compare them that way), ATS wipes the floor with it.

I'd say, let's not get too caught up into  "Album A beats the hell out of Album B"  territory,  those often end up as heated up debates :lol:

On a personal level, I'm just happy this 20th anniversary has revived my interest not only in Meteora, but in a lot of their discography as well. Hadn't listened to some of their stuff for ages.

Edited by Qwerty18

31 minutes ago, Qwerty18 said:

I'd say, let's not get too caught up into  "Album A beats the hell out of Album B"  territory,  those often end up as heated up debates :lol:

On a personal level, I'm just happy this 20th anniversary has revived my interest not only in Meteora, but in a lot of their discography as well. Hadn't listened to some of their stuff for ages.

100% agree. LP is one of the bands where I can listen to almost anything they put out, and not be disappointed. Meteora and ATS are some great albums. I'm so excited to hear the new demos. I'm especially looking forward to the new doc. 

I mentioned earlier this year that with this, plus the Green Day box set, I feel like I'm back in high school again lol.

Long old time since I’ve posted here, but looking for a bit of clarification…

I’ve ordered the super deluxe, but can’t work out if that also comes with a code to get access to a digital download of everything that’s available on the digital download, OR if you have to double dip to get Live in Texas and Live in Nottingham?

Lost Demos

1. Lost

2. Fighting Myself

3. More The Victim

4. Massive

5. Healing Foot

6. A6 (Meteora|20  Demo)

7. Cuidado (Lying From You Demo)

8. Husky (Hit The Floor Demo)

9. Interrogation (Easier To Run Demo)

10. Faint (Meteora|20  Demo)

11. Plaster 2 (Figure.09 Demo)

12. Shifter (From The Inside Demo)

13. Wesside

14. Resolution

Mike

Chester and Mike

Instrumental

10 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

Why do you keep saying this? lol

because it literally has to be a demo of Lost lol. There’s nothing else it could be. Just likely a very early demo of it. Can’t be it’s own song because it was on the Meteora song board when the band cut down to 15 songs, which we know all of. Same key and tempo and even the lyrics in Resolution follow somewhat of the final lyrics.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

18 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

because it literally has to be a demo of Lost lol. There’s nothing else it could be. Just likely a very early demo of it. Can’t be it’s own song because it was on the Meteora song board for one when the band cut down to 15 songs, which we know all of. Same key and tempo and even the lyrics in Resolution follow somewhat of the final lyrics.

I don't understand why you keep saying this when @LPAAltwireDerek said it is not Lost. He has the songs - we don't.

19 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

because it literally has to be a demo of Lost lol. There’s nothing else it could be. Just likely a very early demo of it. Can’t be it’s own song because it was on the Meteora song board when the band cut down to 15 songs, which we know all of. Same key and tempo and even the lyrics in Resolution follow somewhat of the final lyrics.

At no point in the past 20 years has anyone come to the conclusion that Thoughts That Take Away My Pride and Wizard Song are the same song. Because they're not.

I have a feeling the connection between “The Wizard Song” / “Resolution” and “Lost” is pure coincidence on the both of them sounding almost the same.

Edited by NJPLP

11 hours ago, NJPLP said:

I have a feeling the connection between “The Wizard Song” / “Resolution” and “Lost” is pure coincidence on the both of them sounding almost the same.

1 hour ago, leftshoe18 said:

Agreed. It wouldn't be the first time Linkin Park has made songs that sound similar.

This. People act like Linkin Park has never made two songs that sound extremely similar to each other before. 😂

We didn't get "Lost" on Meteora because the band themselves said it felt like Numb. Fighting Myself resembles Papercut. Hit The Floor can even be mashed up with Papercut.

There was even an article around 2007 that said, "All Linkin Park songs look the same," and showcased that the waveforms/dynamics in their songs were pretty much the same in songs across three albums. Please understand that I don't think they all sound the same across the board, as the band is certainly very creative and original. It's just they clearly had a toolbox they tapped into during those eras that led to many of their songs from that period being very similar.

Ok. I’m trying to explain this so please read carefully. “Resolution” was among the 15 final songs recorded for Meteora. We’ve seen it on the Meteora board in footage from October 2002, with FIFTEEN songs recorded in the final process. We know what they ALL are now. this “Wizard song” which is apparently Resolution, wasn’t its own song to be one of them, it was the 12 album songs, LOST, Fighting Myself, and More The Victim. Then, confirmed by Mike in the FADER Interview, THIRTEEN went to go to the mix which was the 12 album tracks and “Lost”.

Point is, There’s nothing else Resolution could be other than an early demo of Lost or some other album track which would make no sense at all.

All songs worked on in the final process were on the board. It’s 100%. There’d be no reason to remove them unless work is stopped on them. The only one that was MAYBE in that blank space was Fighting Myself, which would explain the 2 Figure.09 demos, when the band was likely in the process of narrowing it down from 15 to 14 songs

Edited by IWillWalkAway

13 hours ago, Astat said:

At no point in the past 20 years has anyone come to the conclusion that Thoughts That Take Away My Pride and Wizard Song are the same song. Because they're not.

But they are though. We just didn’t know enough for 20 years.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

Lost could be Serpent or Nocturnal. Or the blank spot on the board without a title. Those three spots on the board are possibly Numb, Nobody's Listening and Lost in whatever order.

Edit: And we don't know that Fighting Myself was in the final running for the album. That's pure speculation on your part.

Edited by leftshoe18

16 hours ago, JZ-GreyDaze said:

Lost Demos

1. Lost

2. Fighting Myself

3. More The Victim

4. Massive

5. Healing Foot

6. A6 (Meteora|20  Demo)

7. Cuidado (Lying From You Demo)

8. Husky (Hit The Floor Demo)

9. Interrogation (Easier To Run Demo)

10. Faint (Meteora|20  Demo)

11. Plaster 2 (Figure.09 Demo)

12. Shifter (From The Inside Demo)

13. Wesside

14. Resolution

Mike

Chester and Mike

Instrumental

Dang not many Chester Vocals kinda strange tbh, they released all the tracks with Chester early well kinda, also was hoping Easier To Run Demo had vocals as well. Hopefully they release more tracks for LPU in time but at this point it's just speculation 

12 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

But they are though. We just didn’t know enough for 20 years.

What do you mean? We had the Wizard Song clip, the Thoughts That Take Away My Pride clip, several instances of Lost's instrumental appearing in LPTV videos, isolated instrumentals from those appearances, even fan instrumentals of both and no one came to that conclusion. The only new thing we have at the moment is the final studio version of Lost, which doesn't really provide any new info in this context. 

Just now, HFL377 said:

What do you mean? We had the Wizard Song clip, the Thoughts That Take Away My Pride clip, several instances of Lost's instrumental appearing in LPTV videos, isolated instrumentals from those appearances, even fan instrumentals of both and no one came to that conclusion. The only new thing we have at the moment is the final studio version of Lost, which doesn't really provide any new info in this context. 

Bro. Please read my comment above.