Meteora (20th Anniversary Edition) | Out April 7, 2023

BeardyWilderness

1 hour ago, leftshoe18 said:

Lost could be Serpent or Nocturnal. Or the blank spot on the board without a title. Those three spots on the board are possibly Numb, Nobody's Listening and Lost in whatever order.

Edit: And we don't know that Fighting Myself was in the final running for the album. That's pure speculation on your part.

Lost, Numb, or Nobody’s Listening can’t be the blank spot, it made it all the way through the process. The only one the blank spot could really be is Fighting Myself since it was the earliest of the 3 to be stopped work on.

It wouldn’t make sense to have a blank spot unless it once was a song worked on and no longer is.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Bro. Please read my comment above.

On page 22, I explain why Lost has to be Resolution.

But if that wasn’t enough here’s a visual representation of the Meteora board and the songs the titles belong to

Heres the FIFTEEN songs (sixteen if you include the two figure.09’s that received vocals but we know these were combined or Plaster II removed to created Figure.09.)

The board status nearing the end of vocal recording before Chester gets sick for several weeks. (mid-late October 2002):

Cumulus - More The Victim (1)

Interrogation - Easier To Run (2)

Cuidado - Lying From You (3)

BLANK - Fighting Myself (4)

Pretty Birdie - Somewhere I Belong (5)

Shifter - From The Inside (6)

Serpent - Numb or Nobody's Listening (7)

Nocturnal - Numb or NL also (8)

Session (9)

Resolution - Lost (10)

Faint (11)

Sick - Don’t Stay (12)

Plaster II - Figure.09 (13

Husky - Hit The Floor (14)

Drawing - Breaking The Habit (15)

Figure.09 (16)

Reasoning:

Cumulus is obviously more the victim.

The Blank space has to be a song stopped working on. The earliest they stopped work on out of the 15 was Fighting Myself.

NOCTURNAL and SERPENT are guaranteed Numb and Nobody’s Listening just one or the other BECAUSE

The Wizard Song, Resolution sounds the most like LOST

so what other demo would it be for??? I couldn’t possibly tell ya. Lying From You??? It must be, right??

Apologies for so many posts, I’m really trying to get this through.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

24 minutes ago, RayGun4200 said:

Dang not many Chester Vocals kinda strange tbh, they released all the tracks with Chester early well kinda, also was hoping Easier To Run Demo had vocals as well. Hopefully they release more tracks for LPU in time but at this point it's just speculation 

What I love about Chester's 4 tracks is that ALL OF THEM ARE FUCKING BADASS

better than incomplete songs.

I feel bad for complaining about something from M20, its too much I feel like a spoiled kid but...

ETR its on my top five since 2003 and I needed the demo for that one!

Edited by JZ-GreyDaze

18 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

На странице 22 я объясняю, почему Lost должен быть разрешением.

Но если этого было недостаточно, вот визуальное представление доски Meteora и песен, к которым принадлежат названия

Вот ПЯТНАДЦАТЬ песен (шестнадцать, если вы включаете две песни figure.09, которые получили вокал, но мы знаем, что они были объединены или удалены из Plaster II для создания Figure.09.)

Запись вокала приближается к концу, прежде чем Честер заболеет на несколько недель. (Октябрь 2002):

Cumulus - Больше жертва (1)

Допрос - легче вести (2)

Куидадо - Ложь от тебя (3)

БЛАНК - Борюсь с самим собой (4)

Pretty Birdie - Где-то мое место (5)

Оборотень - изнутри (6)

Serpent - Онемевший, или Никто не слушает 7

Nocturnal - Numb или NL тоже (8)

Сессия (9)

Резолюция - Потеряна (10)

Обморок (11)

Больной - Не оставайся (12)

Штукатурка II - Рис.09 (13

Хаски - Упал на пол (14)

Рисование - Избавление от привычки (15)

Рисунок.09 (16)

Рассуждения:

Очевидно, что кучевые облака - это скорее жертва.

Пустое место должно быть песней, над которой перестали работать. Самое раннее, над чем они прекратили работу из 15, была Борьба с самим собой.

NOCTURNAL и SERPENT гарантированно Оцепенеют, и никто не слушает только одного или другого, ПОТОМУ что

Песня волшебника "Разрешение" больше всего похожа на "ПОТЕРЯННЫЙ"

так для какой еще демо-версии это было бы??? Я не мог бы тебе этого сказать. Лжет от Тебя??? Так и должно быть, верно??

Приношу извинения за так много постов, я действительно пытаюсь довести это до конца.

Dude, it's not like an investigation bureau) Why don't you admit that some songs could have been invented at a later stage of work in the studio?  What makes you think that the song list necessarily contains all the material that the band worked on during that cycle?  And yet, why do you think that these tracks are similar musically?  Because they both have something like pianos and distorted guitars?  For me, these tracks have never been the same, completely different melodies.

9 minutes ago, JZ-GreyDaze said:

What I love about Chester's 4 tracks is that ALL OF THEM ARE FUCKING BADASS

better than incomplete songs.

I wonder if it was intentional that they only released songs with Chester vocals that were complete songs. There are almost certainly demos out there that contain just a Chester chorus with no verses (or vise versa) they could have included but decided not to.

Wow guys. You won’t even read my stuff before criticizing me. Come the hell on. We will get this confirmed if it is at one point or another, and if it is I will be very PISSED. If Resolution is not LOST, I will hold myself accountable for my mistake, but there’s a line of whether i think I know and Im damn near positive. I came here to share my knowledge and y’all don’t give two fucks. Pisses me the fuck off when y’all don’t read my shit that I put DEEP thought and evidence into.

LOST. IS. THE. FINAL. VERSION. OF. RESOLUTION.

it just is.

you don’t gotta believe me but it is.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

22 minutes ago, EgorN said:

Dude, it's not like an investigation bureau) Why don't you admit that some songs could have been invented at a later stage of work in the studio?  What makes you think that the song list necessarily contains all the material that the band worked on during that cycle?  And yet, why do you think that these tracks are similar musically?  Because they both have something like pianos and distorted guitars?  For me, these tracks have never been the same, completely different melodies.

BECAUSE ITS A DEMO, SILLY GOOSE! SONGS CAN CHANGE A LOT!!!!

And no, They recorded finished demo versions of every song before entering the studio.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

5 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

ПОТОМУ ЧТО ЭТО ДЕМО, ГЛУПЫЙ ГУСЬ! ПЕСНИ МОГУТ СИЛЬНО ИЗМЕНИТЬСЯ!!!!

И нет, они записали готовые демо-версии каждой песни перед входом в студию.

Relax man, don't worry so much.  Everything will be fine.

12 minutes ago, EgorN said:

Relax man, don't worry so much.  Everything will be fine.

I am fine. Got a little heated, but I’m fine. We’re chilling, no worries. Please try to read my stuff next time and if it doesn’t make sense just tell me what doesn’t, I wanna make sense to people it’s just tough sometimes for me to get through what I’m trying to say.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

2 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

BECAUSE ITS A DEMO, SILLY GOOSE! SONGS CAN CHANGE A LOT!!!!

And no, They recorded finished demo versions of every song before entering the studio.

I think your theory makes sense. People often forget about "Animals", which sounds nothing like Roads Untraveled, yet became inspiration for it. Blue and Crawling are also a great pair. It could also be that Resolution and Lost just happen to share a key and BPM, but the BBB recorded clip makes it seem more likely to me.

People also don't think about the demos as being able to become "finished" and then re-recorded in the studio. Healing Foot for example...while it may not have the live drums, it might sound more "finished" as a demo they made at home than any form it had in the studio where the drum tracking clip came from. Sometimes artists try to do as much as they can before going into the studio, and then they start a whole new session from scratch to record it "for real". I'm sure LP's process was a bit more nuanced, but the idea applies imo. 

Don't know why people are trying to hard to shut you down on this, let's just wait to find out.

10 minutes ago, YRQRM0 said:

I think your theory makes sense. People often forget about "Animals", which sounds nothing like Roads Untraveled, yet became inspiration for it. Blue and Crawling are also a great pair. It could also be that Resolution and Lost just happen to share a key and BPM, but the BBB recorded clip makes it seem more likely to me.

People also don't think about the demos as being able to become "finished" and then re-recorded in the studio. Healing Foot for example...while it may not have the live drums, it might sound more "finished" as a demo they made at home than any form it had in the studio where the drum tracking clip came from. Sometimes artists try to do as much as they can before going into the studio, and then they start a whole new session from scratch to record it "for real". I'm sure LP's process was a bit more nuanced, but the idea applies imo. 

Don't know why people are trying to hard to shut you down on this, let's just wait to find out.

They were sceptical a few years ago when he said that backround beat from LPTV Mike's Shirt is a verse of "Lost". LPLStaff was sceptical, then he believed when he listened to it carefully. Astat said a few years ago that Plaster 2 can't be Figure.09. And he also said that Healing Foot is not a Rob drum track.

Edited by Hybrider

Yeah that is a great point. No one here knows everything, we are in fact wrong all the time about stuff lol. Like, frequently. So let's see when it's released what's going on with the track.

And what about Broken Foot into Healing Foot, are there any similarities whatsoever at all? Surely the band knew when they named it Healing Foot they already had a Broken Foot, though.

I’m not sure what happened but I think People are forgetting that Resolution was on the song board with the 15 final songs at NRG, not just among however many demos were brought into NRG (18 I think). That basically gives away that it became Lost, because of the similarity and no other final song sounds like Resolution other than Lost. Songs can change a lot throughout their process.

I THINK the Wizard Song version of Resolution, which is the instrumental released, would’ve been created around Spring 2002 likely, and the BBB Soundbites version is a later demo of Resolution likely, possibly just weeks before entering NRG.

It still holds the same tempo, key, ridiculously similar chord progression, and even though it’s got a sample not in the final song, that is probably the same situation as Cuidado and Lying From You

Edited by IWillWalkAway

Yeah anything is possible with that song board if we don't know what Serpent and Nocturnal are, and we need song titles for Numb and Nobody's Listening still. And yeah, Lost and Resolution are a part of that discussion too.

Surely there is a different song board photo from somewhere in the process. Maybe in the Meteora|20 book?

51 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Yeah anything is possible with that song board if we don't know what Serpent and Nocturnal are, and we need song titles for Numb and Nobody's Listening still. And yeah, Lost and Resolution are a part of that discussion too.

Surely there is a different song board photo from somewhere in the process. Maybe in the Meteora|20 book?

Serpent and Nocturnal I’m pretty positive are the Numb and Nobody’s Listening demo titles. The book might even reveal the demo titles for the missing songs remaining but we’ll just have to see.

On 4/3/2023 at 10:45 AM, LPAAltwireDerek said:

Let me add some things to your above list.

A6 (Meteora|20 Demo) - Virtually identical instrumentally to the LPU9 long version. Just a little rawer/less refined, and with a high-pitched bell like synth in the instrumental choruses and outro that doesn't exist at all in any other version.

Cuidado - Instrunental, but missing the carnival-like sample from the final. Does contain a sample in the choruses that doesn't exist in the final.

Husky - Instrumental super similar to final, but again, less refined.

Interrogation - Lots more reverb, and atmosphere. Strings buried deep in mix of chorus, and the bridge has piano.

Faint (Meteora|20 Demo) - Uses a very similar extended intro to what was found in the LPU9 acetate version. Fun extended outro with powerchords and scratching.

Plaster 2 / Plaster II - No sung vocals from Chester at all. Just rap from Mike. Different lyrics than the LPU9 demo. Bridge has a distorted riff that makes me think of Staind.

Shifter - Rap vocals in verses, singing by Mike in choruses. Lyrics 110% different than From The Inside. Imagery of water, golden colors of dawn, etc.

Are "Faint" (Meteora|20 Demo) and "Plaster 2" / "Plaster II" ("Figure.09" Demo) the same instrumentally as their LPU 9 demo counterparts, or no?