• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Hybrider said:

Screenshot-20230405-002142-Discord.jpg

Mike confirmed to me that Fighting Myself demo is Shortcut.

See? Must’ve been the blank space on the song board.

Please someone ask him about Resolution, if it’s the demo of Lost.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

3 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

See? Must’ve been the blank space on the board.

Please someone ask him about Resolution, if it’s the demo of Lost.

There will be a live stream on Facebook on Monday and everyone can ask what he wants. I will definitely ask some questions.

5 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

Yeah anything is possible with that song board if we don't know what Serpent and Nocturnal are, and we need song titles for Numb and Nobody's Listening still. And yeah, Lost and Resolution are a part of that discussion too.

Surely there is a different song board photo from somewhere in the process. Maybe in the Meteora|20 book?

following the order of that old interview by Mike.
Breaking the Habit, Shifter and Nocturnal... (Breaking the Habit, From the Inside and Nobody's Listening)

12 hours ago, unksoldier2000 said:

following the order of that old interview by Mike.
Breaking the Habit, Shifter and Nocturnal... (Breaking the Habit, From the Inside and Nobody's Listening)

It makes sense. Nocturnal was what I originally thought NL was because it had nothing done for it on the board, and if I remember it was like one of the last they finished right?

Serpent would make sense to be Numb too, both working titles fit both songs equally I think.

Well, “Massive” leaked yesterday and I gotta say it’s probably one of my favorite Meteora demos, beautiful track. It’s hard to tell but I think I can hear Chester in there in the chorus. Not sure but it’s likely it‘s all Mike.

Ive also heard the A6 demo, which sounds great too, but man I woulda loved it with Chester on the chorus. Cuidado and Interrogation. They sound good. Interrogation is different from Easier To Run tho. Really cool to finally hear the origins of all these album tracks.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

Now that we've heard Massive, have we ever had any hint of its existence? Like with Lost, we had the instrumental in LPTV and TTAMP, Healing Foot had the drum song clip, Fighting Myself had that one bit of the main riff being recorded...

On 4/4/2023 at 4:39 PM, IWillWalkAway said:

Wow guys. You won’t even read my stuff before criticizing me. Come the hell on. We will get this confirmed if it is at one point or another, and if it is I will be very PISSED. If Resolution is not LOST, I will hold myself accountable for my mistake, but there’s a line of whether i think I know and Im damn near positive. I came here to share my knowledge and y’all don’t give two fucks. Pisses me the fuck off when y’all don’t read my shit that I put DEEP thought and evidence into.

LOST. IS. THE. FINAL. VERSION. OF. RESOLUTION.

it just is.

you don’t gotta believe me but it is.

You was right. It's confirmed now.

On 4/3/2023 at 4:54 AM, IWillWalkAway said:

Awesome! Can’t wait to hear all of these legendary demos!

By the way, since Resolution is on the meteora board in NRG, i’ve basically come to the conclusion that it’s a demo of “Lost”. Same tempo, key and chord progression and I don’t think out of 18 songs they would have brought another Lost into the studio. It’s also among 15 songs on the board which are probably the songs in the final process, which we know all of now, and I think TWS/Resolution resembles Lost to heavily to not be a demo for it. Just saying that because it was on the board, it kind of makes sense that it would be. Also the BBB sound bites video. I think the evidence is enough but it’d be good at some point to get it confirmed by Mike if we can. And of course I’ve gotta hear it first too to judge lol.

That's correct.  Resolution was the working title for Lost.

Brad mentions Resolution in the Meteora booklet when talking about Lost and it's the final version of the song.

Edited by solidss

On 4/4/2023 at 11:03 AM, IWillWalkAway said:

On page 22, I explain why Lost has to be Resolution.

But if that wasn’t enough here’s a visual representation of the Meteora board and the songs the titles belong to

Heres the FIFTEEN songs (sixteen if you include the two figure.09’s that received vocals but we know these were combined or Plaster II removed to created Figure.09.)

The board status nearing the end of vocal recording before Chester gets sick for several weeks. (mid-late October 2002):

Cumulus - More The Victim (1)

Interrogation - Easier To Run (2)

Cuidado - Lying From You (3)

BLANK - Fighting Myself (4)

Pretty Birdie - Somewhere I Belong (5)

Shifter - From The Inside (6)

Serpent - Numb or Nobody's Listening (7)

Nocturnal - Numb or NL also (8)

Session (9)

Resolution - Lost (10)

Faint (11)

Sick - Don’t Stay (12)

Plaster II - Figure.09 (13

Husky - Hit The Floor (14)

Drawing - Breaking The Habit (15)

Figure.09 (16)

Reasoning:

Cumulus is obviously more the victim.

The Blank space has to be a song stopped working on. The earliest they stopped work on out of the 15 was Fighting Myself.

NOCTURNAL and SERPENT are guaranteed Numb and Nobody’s Listening just one or the other BECAUSE

The Wizard Song, Resolution sounds the most like LOST

so what other demo would it be for??? I couldn’t possibly tell ya. Lying From You??? It must be, right??

Apologies for so many posts, I’m really trying to get this through.

in the end that BBB Soundbites video meant to something, you did a great job too ;)

On 4/2/2023 at 4:10 AM, Hybrider said:

Holy fuck, we are getting an another holy grail. Someone mentioned that Wizard Song sounds similar to Lost. That's why I thought that Resolution could be Lost demo.

Well, turns out it's...both. 😂 There's a bridge part in Resolution (a part we never heard in the clip of Wizard Song) that clearly ended up becoming the chorus to Lost. Not much else though, other than a couple random samples they share in common.

Kind of a Blue > Crawling or Holding Company > Lost in the Echo deal where they're basically different songs but they built the second one around a particular element from the first one.

Very much looking forward to hearing Resolution for myself. What a bizarre lineage to trace. Based on the excerpt from the book in M20, it sounds like the band considers Resolution to be a direct predecessor to Lost, rather than the Blue -> Crawling situation where they mined an old song they hated for a piece they liked and inserted that into another demo. This feels like a "Be Yourself is Pictureboard" level reveal, and for it to be about The Wizard Song of all things...

This is going to sound like a "I knew all along" moment, but I remember listening to Lost for the first time and feeling like it did sound weirdly similar to the instrumental underneath TWS, but I chalked that up to making connections that weren't actually there and didn't think it through any further. Since it's the chorus of Lost that comes from Resolution, it still probably is placebo effect, but it's funny to think about nonetheless.

Every piece of material like the BBB clip, which mentioned Resolution, was tied to the Lost campaign, so I'm not really surprised. That to me gave it away with little room for doubt. Why would they play a random clip talking about another demo when teasing a specific single? 

I’ll never put stuff out there unless I’m positive about it.

Ya got my word on that

And now It seems obvious Serpent and Nocturnal are definitely Numb and Nobody’s Listening. We just don’t know which is which but hopefully we will find this out.

with Resolution being the demo of Lost, We get both a fully finished unreleased Meteora song AND its demo version. Legendary.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

1 hour ago, gorast said:

Based on the excerpt from the book in M20, it sounds like the band considers Resolution to be a direct predecessor to Lost, rather than the Blue -> Crawling situation where they mined an old song they hated for a piece they liked and inserted that into another demo.

Likely. It probably was just disassembled down. Like Don Gilmore said in Making of Meteora, “We’ll rip a song to shreds and then build it back up, then rip it back down if that’s what it takes.” That’s probably what happened to Resolution. They ripped it down into smaller pieces and reshaped it around its base, keeping the working title and everything. Which is why it’s on the song board still as “Resolution” but being recorded in its final form, Lost.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

It's clear that during the making of Meteora there was a lot more experimentation going on wheras with Hybrid Theory they went in with half of the album being nearly finished, and how they worked really hard to try not to let it sound like a derivative of HT.

4 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

This is unbelievable lol

It's not. It was pretty clear and evidences were strong.

3 hours ago, YRQRM0 said:

Every piece of material like the BBB clip, which mentioned Resolution, was tied to the Lost campaign, so I'm not really surprised. That to me gave it away with little room for doubt. Why would they play a random clip talking about another demo when teasing a specific single? 

This is a requried reading for everyone who was doubted that Resolution is Lost.

Edited by LinkinParkFan

They could finish Resolution too. It is decent song. They did Lost from it, but this version could be finished too. From one song they could make 2 songs. That Derek's article misses one important thing - that it shares samples which we know from Lost. We don't need any DVD to confirm that Lost is Resolution. Song alone confirms it.

Edited by LinkinParkFan