• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, bloodbath said:

To be honest, I'm kinda sad that 

Meteora 20 is released this Friday. Since December it has been VERY funny interacting with you all for every little piece of information. We have a couple of weeks more of discussing everything about the box set, but it's not gonna be the same

The best bit was Healing Foot being “released” on my birthday 😂

3 hours ago, bloodbath said:

Or a Collision Course box set 😂

It would be something wouldn’t it - imagine a new mashup that didn’t make the EP 🤯

I have to believe there’ll be at least new merch for it, but I’d be AMAZED if there’s anything else

29 minutes ago, linkindan said:

The best bit was Healing Foot being “released” on my birthday 😂

It would be something wouldn’t it - imagine a new mashup that didn’t make the EP 🤯

I have to believe there’ll be at least new merch for it, but I’d be AMAZED if there’s anything else

Don't think so, they'd probably have thought quality over quantity. The full Live 8 and The Roxy Show are enough gems for us, but we all know that none of this gonna happen 

19 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

Don't think so, they'd probably have thought quality over quantity.

Maybe not a completely re-recorded and mastered track, but something in “proof of concept” stages like “hey, these songs work well together” but they went for the six on the EP as the final set. It’s implausible that from Jays catalogue at the time, there wasn’t at least one other hit that would make a great mashup with a hit from LPs catalogue.

Certainly unlikely they ever finished or recorded another track in the studio, but surely Mike fooled around with some other mixes.

On 3/31/2023 at 4:36 PM, Hybrider said:

Source: the guy who was on a Meteora 20 listening party.

Source: A non-English speaker who clearly thought someone was asking about it being on the "Lost Demos" disc.

The AltWire review confirmed it's The Wizard Song. So much for "YoU wOn'T hAvE yOuR tRuTh."

2 hours ago, Astat said:

Source: A non-English speaker who clearly thought someone was asking about it being on the "Lost Demos" disc.

The AltWire review confirmed it's The Wizard Song. So much for "YoU wOn'T hAvE yOuR tRuTh."

Holy fuck, we are getting an another holy grail. Someone mentioned that Wizard Song sounds similar to Lost. That's why I thought that Resolution could be Lost demo.

Just to temper expectations, it's "The Wizard Song" in the sense that the song has the exact instrumental from TWS. It's legit 100% the same, save for some piano parts we didn't hear before. But it doesn't have The Wizard Song lyrics. No fables about fairytale paths, aluminum fashion, and sending power through eyeballs I'm afraid.

Mike's raps on it are still fun as fuck though.

5 minutes ago, LPAAltwireDerek said:

Just to temper expectations, it's "The Wizard Song" in the sense that the song has the exact instrumental from TWS. It's legit 100% the same, save for some piano parts we didn't hear before. But it doesn't have The Wizard Song lyrics. No fables about fairytale paths, aluminum fashion, and sending power through eyeballs I'm afraid.

does Wesside sounds anything like this? 

14 minutes ago, LPAAltwireDerek said:

We know because Chester confirmed that Wizard Song doesn't exist. It was just joke song, except instrumental. That one was real demo. And I am glad we will hear it.

5 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

There are so many unreleased show intro/outro beats by Mike and/or Joe it's crazy. Hope the Denver and Manila shows have them at the end. And Seoul has the full 2003 show intro. All of those are awesome.

there's drum pieces of that Camden 2004 beat on his MPC backup folder "LOOSESAMPLES",  he probably got that from a old record (probably funk)
for some reason the Snare with the scream is short here... idk if Mike has any other version of this sound.

https://voca.ro/18Xkl6d4PjiO

Edited by unksoldier2000

4 hours ago, unksoldier2000 said:

like someone mentioned, there's tons of variations... Healing Foot for example, the version that we are getting doesn't even have live drums...
so it seems to be a very early version of that song, Pre-NRG maybe.

I kinda doubt that. If it was pre-NRG, the song probably wouldn’t have gotten vocals (in which the song does have vocals). I’m thinking that they couldn’t find the session with the NRG live drums, so that they had to stick to the pre-NRG programmed drums.

Then again, we are getting “Shifter (“From The Inside” Demo)”, and that demo is from the pre-NRG sessions (it’s the same version from the ‘Making Of Meteora’, when the band was recording stuff for the album in the back of their Ozzfest bus in 2001), and it has Mike vocals, so, I could be completely wrong, lol. But that’s what I was thinking.

Edited by NJPLP

7 minutes ago, Qwerty18 said:

Almost entering the release's week.

This has been a real fun ride,  reminiscent of those days waiting for a new LP record. It is amazing how such hype could be brought back after such a long time.

It's because Meteora is even better than Hybrid Theroy and the best album they ever did. 

1 hour ago, NJPLP said:

I kinda doubt that. If it was pre-NRG, the song probably wouldn’t have gotten vocals (in which the song does have vocals). I’m thinking that they couldn’t find the session with the NRG live drums, so that they had to stick to the pre-NRG programmed drums.

Then again, we are getting “Shifter (“From The Inside” Demo)”, and that demo is from the pre-NRG sessions (it’s the same version from the ‘Making Of Meteora’, when the band was recording stuff for the album in the back of their Ozzfest bus in 2001), and it has Mike vocals, so, I could be completely wrong, lol. But that’s what I was thinking.

it could be.. anyways, there's another version in their vault.
i hope that we get to hear it