Mike Shinoda - Post Traumatic EP

RogueSoul

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a very special guest for you tonight. I would like to introduce...

MIKE SHINODA.

It's been a tough couple of months without Chester and with the (exact) future of Linkin Park still up in the air, we've all been waiting with a baited breath for what will come next. That time is now. Mike is starting his own new project and will be releasing three brand new songs! His announcement says "visuals" are coming with it as well, which likely references music videos of some sort.

Along with the announcement, we see Mike has changed all of his social media profiles to a "Mike Shinoda" signature photo. LP Association has also pointed out the file name reads "Post Traumatic EP." His website has been updated, which says "Copyright 2018 Mike Shinoda" on it.

Linkin Park is still figuring out how to go forward although they are still meeting weekly and jamming music at Mike's home studio, but Mike's been busy cooking up his own music (you know, as he does; when he's not making crazy mashups for the live shows, what else is he gonna do?) in the studio too. Just a few weeks ago he went on Instagram Live and let fans watch him work on a future Linkin Park song, 'Looking For An Answer.' Mike's always got a thing or two up his sleeve, and this is no doubt one of his biggest surprises yet.

DUZR6jRXcAABW3I.jpg

1/25: The Post Traumatic EP is out now, available on all streaming platforms. Watch the videos for the new songs 'Place To Start,' 'Over Again,' and 'Watching As I Fall' below.

Visit Mike Shinoda's website for links to the EP and for the video. He shared this message about the EP on social media:

DUZQakzU8AYCg9N.jpg

What are your thoughts? It's a new dawn and it's a new day, and a new era is upon us!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So happy Mike is releasing new music but does this mean the end of LP? I hope not.

I've seen several people say this on Facebook, etc. Chester hasn't even been dead for a year yet. It's only January, a few days after the 6th month mark. Linkin Park always takes at least 2-3 years to make an release an album. One More Light also has not been out for a year yet. The lead single, Heavy, hasn't even been out for a year yet. I expect at least a few more years of the band healing and getting used to making music again, and then releasing it, etc.

I don't think that's what you meant by your post, but that's how I feel about ''Linkin Park'' branded music as of right now.

Mike doing a few songs or an album or whatever on his own is fine by me, I think it will be good. Phoenix has his podcast, etc. For now, this is more than enough, at least to me. I also don't think Mike ever said for sure that Looking for an Answer was 100% a ''Linkin Park'' song, but that song might not even be one of the three released.

Wow it's great! I'm so excited about this!

I don't think they're gonna be hip-hop songs because I think Mike would release them under Fort Minor. They're probably gonna be OML-ish songs like Invisible and SFN.

Anyways, I'm glad we're getting something new.

After listening to the tracks, they aren't bad. Over Again is probably my favorite, followed by Watching As I Fall, and then Place To Start. There is one thing that I want to say, though, and don't hate on me for saying this. But I'm worried about Mike. He doesn't come across as too sane in these songs. And I don't think a lot of us have been sane since Chester passed, because it's so massive. I know I haven't. But Mike is usually very composed and proper, etc. I love the manic energy from Mike, I think it's great in these tracks. But I am worried about him. From the minute that I heard about Chester passing, the first person that I thought about that was close to him was Mike. They were best friends and have been through everything together. And you could tell Mike was really hurt badly by it.

Anyways, I'd love to see more from Mike as a solo artist after hearing these. I'd love to see him play live, etc, if it ever comes to that. I was worried that they'd replace Chester and start right away for Linkin Park but I knew deep down that Mike could never do that. I really respect him for coming out like this, as if I didn't already respect him enough. Nothing from support and love of my end for this.

Edited by Geki

Anyways, I'd love to see more from Mike as a solo artist after hearing these. I'd love to see him play live, etc, if it ever comes to that. I was worried that they'd replace Chester and start right away for Linkin Park but I knew deep down that Mike could never do that. I really respect him for coming out like this, as if I didn't already respect him enough. Nothing from support and love of my end for this.

I agree 100%

After listening to the tracks, they aren't bad. Over Again is probably my favorite, followed by Watching As I Fall, and then Place To Start. There is one thing that I want to say, though, and don't hate on me for saying this. But I'm worried about Mike. He doesn't come across as too sane in these songs. And I don't think a lot of us have been sane since Chester passed, because it's so massive. I know I haven't. But Mike is usually very composed and proper, etc. I love the manic energy from Mike, I think it's great in these tracks. But I am worried about him. From the minute that I heard about Chester passing, the first person that I thought about that was close to him was Mike. They were best friends and have been through everything together. And you could tell Mike was really hurt badly by it.

When you watch the video for one of his song (I don't know which one it was again), he looks very tired and exhausted when he talked about what is happening right now in the world etc.

Quick thoughts:

- The whole EP is extremley well written and emotional. These are some of the most honest, personal and painful songs we've ever heard from Mike.

- Mike's singing is top notch.

- Rapping wise, this is the rawest I've heard him in a long time. It feels like he's on the verge of screaming at some points.

- Getting some ATS vibes from Over Again and Watching As I Fall.

- I love how he did the music videos on his own.

- The whole project is great. My favorite as of now is probably Over Again.