Random News

hahninator

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everybody knew the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards were going to be pretty massive, what with all the stars scheduled to be there (including Eminem, Lady Gaga, Drake, Katy Perry, Justin Bieber and Ke$ha). But it was the moments that were completely unexpected that really made it a memorable night. Eminem got it started early, as he welcomed Rihanna (who originally said she wouldn't be able to show up to the show — read more about the execution of that particularly stunt here) during his performance of "Love the Way You Lie." It only kept going from there, as Taylor Swift shocked the world with a new song (which may or may not be about Kanye West), Lindsay Lohan dropped in for a bit of comedy and Cher emerged (wearing a vintage '80s outfit) to hand a Moonman to Lady Gaga (who was decked out in meat). But which surprise was the biggest and best?

MORE

WANNA WIN S$1,000 IN COLD HARD CASH?

DOWNLOAD "THE CATALYST" AUDIO STEMS AND CREATE YOUR OWN REMIX TO WIN!

www.warnermusic.com.sg/linkinpark

To celebrate the release of Linkin Park's new album "A Thousand Suns", Warner Music Singapore and 987FM would like to give one die-hard Linkin Park fan S$1,000 in cash to splash!

All you have to do is download the audio stems from Linkin Park's latest smash "The Catalyst", create your own remix and submit it to us by 30th September 2010.

You may use your own music production software to adjust the stems, record and produce your own additional tracks. Let your creativity flow!

The best entry will not only win the cash, but also stand a chance to have the song played on 987FM!

Furthermore, all entries will qualify for our Voting Contest. The most popular remix with the highest votes will win an autographed, Limited Edition Skate Deck by Linkin Park!

To download the audio stems and find out more, please visit www.warnermusic.com.sg/linkinpark

HOW TO WIN

STEP 1: DOWNLOAD audio stems from "The Catalyst", comprising these tracks: Electro Drums, Outro Drums, Keyboard 1, Piano and Vocal

STEP 2: REMIX the tracks using your own music production software and a dose of creativity

STEP 3: EMAIL your entry to lpcatalystremix@gmail.com by 30th September 2010, 11:59pm

Source: Warner Music Singapore Facebook

Note: Singapore Fans Only

Hit-Bound with Linkin Park

Tomorrow 1:00 am ET

Mike and Chester from Linkin Park play new music from Jesse McCartney, Mike Posner, the Jersey Shore’s DJ Pauly D and Stone Sour. Plus, they’ll bring you behind-the-scenes look at their new album, A Thousand Suns. (1 hr)

Rebroadcast: Tomorrow 5:00 am ET; Tomorrow 9:00 am ET; Tomorrow 2:00 pm ET; Sun 9/19 12:00 am ET

Source from www.sirius.com

credit and pictures on: phoenix-farrell.org

The Ahi Extravaganza, a fundraiser for the Someone Cares Soup Kitchen in Costa Mesa, will be held from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at the Geisha House, at 2773 N. Main St. in Santa Ana.

The event will include appearances by Chester Bennington of Linkin Park and mixed martial arts fighter Benji "Razor" Radach.

The event includes a silent auction of more than 100 items, including vacation packages, walk-on television parts, winery tours, dinner with celebrities and sports stars, and sports memorabilia.

Tax-deductible tickets are $100.

The Someone Cares Soup Kitchen serves more than 400 people daily. For more information on the entertainment at the event, visit theahiextravaganza.com.

For more information on the chairty, see someonecareskitchen.org.

Sorry if already posted

So I was youtubing and I found a rehearsal video of The Catalyst from LP's performance at the VMA's. In it Mike plays a snippet of When They Come For Me before the song and Joe does a bit of freestyle scratching. A bit of the scratching around the 3min mark reminded me of Papercut a bit for some reason, the actual song "The Catalyst," is in the last four and a half mins of the video.

Edited by LPPRJKT4

"The other day I got a chance to record a station for IHeartRadio. It’s an online station where we (Chester and I) get to play whatever we want; we host the show ourselves. The best part was that I got really tired of just hearing myself talk, so I started messing around, calling people and bothering them, and even playing some rare Linkin Park tracks (and I think one Fort Minor one). It’s going to go up some time in October. (I asked some of you to send questions and stories via Twitter; thanks for your help making the show interesting.)

In the days between then and now, I’ve been rehearsing with those other five guys to put a show together. We leave for tour in four days. We’re hitting a few places in South America, A bunch of dates in Europe, and a bunch of dates in Australia (What’s up PERTH and ADELAIDE)."

Link Here

Edited by Anality

What can you overtake the show?

We come into a big tour, with a great list of songs, old and bring in the repertoire of our new album "A Thousand Suns". I think we have the best songs. We work very hard at the lights and the performing arts. People are going to see very well, it's hard to describe but it has a lot to the aesthetics of the disc. It is visually very good.

Read full interview here.

Edited by Slim Shinoda

Due to overwhelming demand, we're excited to announce that for the first time ever, all live shows on the 2010-2011 A THOUSAND SUNS World Tour will be released and sold through http://downloads.linkinpark.com/. You will be able to purchase and download any show, any time. We will still sell downloads and collectible cds at the concert merchandise booths as well.

Source: Lp's Facebook

Edited by LMK