Random News

hahninator

Rick Rubin has a track record of making artists stretch themselves creatively. I'm glad that Linkin Park is continuing to work with him (despite what I said when it was announced he was working with them on MTM). I do think that Mike could produce the album by himself now, though.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The UK singles chart means nothing these days sadly. I remember back when LP used to get top 10 singles here and it was seen as a huge achievement. Since then sales have been declining rapidly and the gap between 1st and 40th isn't so big. Plus, the video for The Catalyst is played on Kerrang and Scuzz but I haven't seen it on the mainstream music channels.

And on another point! Anyone seen wikipedia? I might be late but it's got A Thousand Suns as Gold in the UK? a day before release?! :o

Edited by Kaleda519

From Los Angeles Times:

Linkin Park rockets toward 'A Thousand Suns'

The band is happy to experiment and isn't looking back. 'I don't want to scream anymore,' singer Chester Bennington says.

A square-jawed security man was posted at NRG Studios in North Hollywood this summer, acting as a friendly if imposing presence to stand guard over the recording sessions of Linkin Park. Inside on most days was rapper-producer Mike Shinoda, working at the big soundboard or bent over a computer monitor, tinkering obsessively into the night with new sounds and mixes, and determined that nothing leak out to the world.

"We've had to take some extra precautions," explained Shinoda, bearded and casual in a dark blue work shirt, speaking in July of the extra protection. And while each member of Linkin Park had an important creative role, it's Shinoda who steers the ship inside the studio. "It's my favorite thing to do, and I get a little carried away. I get obsessed and I work 12 hours a day, seven days a week and completely burn out."

As he spoke, the band was in its final days of work on the newest Linkin Park album, "A Thousand Suns," set for release Tuesday from Machine Shop Recordings/Warner Bros. The collection's 15 tracks mark the band's accelerating drift away from its original, hit-making collision of metal and hip-hop to a sound more amorphous, layered and provocative.

Read the full article, here.

Source: Los Angeles Times

I'm staring to hate reading articles now it kind of depresses me hearing Chester even state the fact he doesn't want to scream anymore. I know its a personal decision and they are aging but damn, thats what I love about him, those huge powerful screams. Live its the ultimate experience.

I'm really going to miss the old Linkin Park for sure, trying to adapt to the new is a hard transition for me. A lot have accepted it, but I don't know it's disheartening I guess i'll say.

/rant

Good article. I just hope that, like other bands such as Metallica and a few other unmentionables, Linkin Park will eventually release a new album that has a Retro/Nostalgic feel. Kinda like what Metallica did with Death Magnetic, very awesome record that has just as much merit as their first release.

Machine Shop Twitter:

Bid on a chance to attend the 98.7 FM Linkin Park A Thousand Suns CD Release Party on 9/19 http://bit.ly/bgmxdf

The winner of this package will receive four (4) passes to 98.7 FM's Linkin Park A Thousand Suns CD Release Party!

The party will take place at the historic Hollywood Tower in Los Angeles on September 19, 2010. At the party, you'll have the opportunity to meet two of the band's memebers: Mike Shinoda and Mr. Hahn.

Edited by linkindude

Posted Image

Warner Music Japan has announced on Wednesday that the American rock band Linkin Park is contributing a theme song for Bandai Namco Games' Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. arcade game. In addition, a deluxe box of the band's newest album, A Thousand Suns, will bundle a limited-edition Gundam plastic model ("Gunpla") in Japan on November 24.

The theme song, "The Catalyst," is the first single from the album. Two editions of the album will ship in Japan on September 15, two months before the "Gunpla 30th Anniversary Edition" will ship. This is the first time that a video game from the Gundam franchise has featured a song from a Western musical artist.

The album's Gunpla 30th Anniversary Edition will include a HGUC 1/144 RX-78GP01Fb Gundam GP01Fb Full Vernian "Linkin Park Edition" plastic model kit. According to their official Japanese website, the members of the band are big fans of the Gundam robot anime franchise, and they designed the custom color scheme of the model. The Gunpla Edition will feature special box art with the band members and the Gundam design.

Source: AnimeNewsNetwork | WMG Japan