Random News

hahninator

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dailymotion and Linkin Park are giving fans an opportunity to make their own video of The Catalyst, the winner will receive some awesome prizes!

You could win:

- A meeting with the group in Paris 25/10/10

- 2 seats for the concert in Paris Bercy 25/10/10

Mike and Brad are shown in this video asking you to make your own video for The Catalyst and upload it on dailymotion.

Thanks for MikeShinodaClan for the heads up.

the premium cd costs 5 euros. I bought it today..awesome thing! but the stickers are really small, only difference are the jewel cases:

normal edition: thin

premium edition: normal album Jewel case

Flash Entertainment have today confirmed that Linkin Park will play Yas Island on November 13th, as part as the Formula 1 Grand Prix concert lineup.

"John Lickrish, managing director, FLASH Entertainment, commented:

“The Flash team cannot wait to welcome Linkin Park to Yasalam 2010; the annual Formula 1™ celebration programme in Abu Dhabi. Following the rock legacy of Aerosmith last year, Linkin Park will blow audiences away at the Yasalam After-Race concerts on Yas Island this year.”

Chester Bennington of Linkin Park said: “We're looking forward to playing at the 2010 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Dhabi Grand Prix after-race concert this year. We can't wait to share our new music for our fans in Abu Dhabi.”

The other headline acts are still to be confirmed."

Source: hoteliermiddleeast.com

Mail from Machine Shop

A Thousand Suns will be released on September 14th. Check out the video for the album’s first single, ”The Catalyst.”

to watch it now! Also, Linkin Park just released another track from their upcoming album. To hear "Wretches and Kings" click here. If you pre-order the album A Thousand Suns you will receive an instant download of the song.

On September 7th join Linkin Park for A Thousand Suns: The Debut Listening Event and Laser Light Exhibition. This listening event is for current LPU annual members and LPUX annual member pre-orders only. Members of Linkin Park will be present for a special Q&A session with select event attendees. Limited FREE tickets are still available for this special event. Current LPU members, visit LPUnderground.com for more information on securing your spot for the event. Fans can also visit LinkinPark.com/lpu to pre-order an LPUX Annual Membership and ticket today.

You are additionally invited to Linkin Park’s first live performance of “The Catalyst” on the MTV Video Music Awards. The “2010 MTV Video Music Awards” will air live from Nokia Theater L.A. Live in Los Angeles on Sunday, September 12, 2010 at 9PM (EST). To get your tickets to the performance, head over here to set up an account and RSVP to secure your spot in the audience.

Edited by maik_gianino

Mail from Machine Shop

Bid on 2 tickets to Linkin Park’s September 14th, 2010 show at the Best Buy Theatre (formerly the Nokia Theatre) in NYC.

This is an exclusive, sold out concert on the release date of their new album, A Thousand Suns. Proceeds from the auction benefit Music for Relief.

Click here to bid auction ends September 9.

Okay, so I'm totally new to this whole Got News deal, but I figured I'd submit this.

My local radio station (KRXQ Sacramento/98 Rock) does this whole radio takeover bit when bands (previous ones being Godsmack, Slash, Ozzy Osbourne, and Disturbed) come in and play tracks from their newest album and discuss it for about an hour.

Guess who's up next?

Yup, Linkin Park will be doing the next takeover on September thirteenth from noon to one (PST).

So if you want to check this out, I figure you'd want to listen through their site or through iTunes. Might be worth checking out. Having listened to a few of these takeovers, they play five or so songs from the album (including the first single) and talk for the majority of the hour.

I don't know who from LP is coming in, unfortunately, but hey, it's maybe worth tuning into, if not just to hear a couple more tracks.

NME have posted an article where Mike discusses his influences for A Thousand Suns, and goes a little in depth about where the inspiration for the new tracks came from. Check out the article below.

Linkin Park have admitted Public Enemy have strongly influenced their forthcoming album 'A Thousand Suns'.

Co-producer and vocalist Mike Shinoda, whose first ever gig features the rap veterans and Anthrax on the same bill, told NME that he wanted his band's fourth LP to be "three-dimensional" like his rap heroes.

"I reference them in the song 'Wretches And Kings', there is a homage to [lead rapper] Chuck D on there," he said. "It's probably the most hip-hop song on the record and one of the most aggressive, but it feels like nothing I've ever heard before."

"Public Enemy were very three-dimensional with their records because although they seemed political, there was a whole lot of other stuff going on in there too. It made me think how three-dimensional I wanted our record to be without imitating them of course, and show where we were at creatively."

Like their rap heroes, Linkin Park also subtly dropped in their own political message on that track and elsewhere, through various samples.

"(On that song) we used a sample of Mario Savio, who was a workers' rights activist that spoke out for people who were oppressed by their employers in the '60s," he said.

He added: "There’s also one of Robert Oppenheimer who was 'the father of the atomic bomb' during the second world war, on the track 'Burning In The Skies', and a speech by Martin Luther King Jr on 'Iridescent', where he talks about the connection between his feelings on Vietnam and the African-American civil rights movement."

"I just felt in all three cases, those speeches when you hear them now, resonate in a way very differently from when they were first delivered. But they apply to things that are going on today."

The record also saw the band reunite with legendary producer Rick Rubin, which sees them toning down their aggressive roots.

"These songs are not kicking you in the teeth," Shinoda argued. "Whenever we made something that sounded like stuff we'd done before we felt lazy and ended up ditching it. In the end we wanted to do something that explored a different space for us. Hopefully it will surprise people."

The singer also revealed one of the key elements in their experimentation came courtesy of Rubin, who urged them to indulge in "automatic writing".

"We were having a ton of trouble with the vocal and lyrics on the song 'Blackout', so we asked Rick for his advice," Shinoda explained.

He added: "He suggested this technique he used with Johnny Cash and Neil Young, which basically means you get up on the mic and let the words flow. Going in there and actually doing it was terrifying at first but then the words just started coming out of nowhere, it was really surreal. It added a certain soul to the record and without that, I think it would have been really rigid and digital."

Source: NME

Thanks to LP Association !!!

Thoughts ?

Now... I found this little article about ATS on Serbian Web Portal "Mondo".

The title is "Political" Linkin Park.

http://www.mondo.rs/s182068/Zabava/Muzika/...inkin_Park.html

They say how they don't want to go back with old style, and how Rick Rubin wanted to experiment with the new album...

Rick! F YOU!!!!

Edited by SerbskiSin

Accoridng to the Q103Albany Facebook page if you tune in at Noon, which I assume is 12pm EST, you will hear a brand new song from the Linkin Park album.

Listen here

EDIT: Or, as stated before, you can listen here for N-Joy.

However, NDR is not in English. So if you want to hear any sort of intro to it check out the first one.

Edited by HybridThe0ry97