hahninator

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From Blabbermouth:

On September 30, multi-platinum rock band LINKIN PARK hosted a Grammy SoundChecks event for Grammy University Network students, a Grammy Foundation program that prepares students for careers in the music industry. Vocalist Mike Shinoda and guitarist Brad Delson invited a handful of Southern California college students into the recording studio for a question-and-answer session and demonstration of the band's writing/recording process. Using smash hit single "New Divide", which spent an incredible 14 weeks atop the Billboard Modern Rock Radio Chart, as an example, the band offered the students insight into the way LINKIN PARK crafts its songs.

"Meeting the group made me wish I had been a part of a program like Grammy U when I was in college," says Shinoda. "Brad and I talked about it afterward and were impressed by the kids and their curiosity about the process and the direction of the industry. These are students who are immersed in a fresh new world of music, both artistically and professionally. They had a great sense of energy." [...]

Posted Image

Edited by immortalsoul

• 2 weeks later...

DBS's new single Let Down will be played on the radio from October 23rd on.

I think that's a really short notice, but that's what we are used to when it comes to DBS... So, will we have the video soon?

The source also said OOA made number 5 in the physical album charts and number 2 on the digital ones.

Well done, lads!!

source

Edited by NoSunToday

So I was browsing youtube for a good quality live versionf of EOTW (End Of The World) and found these two high quality videos of 20 Eyes and EOTW from the Gramercy Theater. They don't seem to be mentioned in the live guide here, and they don't look pro-shot either, just bootlegged but extremely high quality. Anyone have any info? I will e-mail the taper shortly myself. Here are the links tho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dw9hjoBAbU...feature=related - 20 Eyes (Misfits Cover) (Live @ Gramercy Theater)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7gdY5WJAIQ...feature=related - End Of The World (Live @ Gramercy Theater)

I'm pretty sure this is the NYC Bitch Committee source that we've known about since pretty much the day after the show.

Source info for recent shows is always slow to be uploaded because it takes some time to figure it all out.

Source info for recent shows is always slow to be uploaded because it takes some time to figure it all out.

QFT. Takes at least a week to get it all figured out. Sources emerge, people are slow, etc...lots of factors.

You can buy it if you want but you know LPL always releases the NYC BC tapes.

A little excerpt from Subvert Magazine interview with Mike:

Tell me about about your understanding of money and how it works in the creative industries.

My art show, “Glorious Excess Dies” is about this idea. It’s about obsession with celebrity culture, consumer addiction, and fascination with excess; how our opinions are shaped by viral news and our idols, and what it all looks like to me.

There’s a saying in the music industry: “as soon as you can afford everything, they give it to you for free.” Maybe the bottom line is that I don’t know how money and fame work yet, but I know that sometimes it seems like the whole world is obsessed with them to an unhealthy degree.

PS: Just delete this thread if the news has been posted before. Thanks. That's the way I like more.

Its trying everyones patience thats for sure...why in this day and age its so hard for someone to atleast give us some clue into whats going on via my space or twitter or whatever ill never know, it seems everyone in music loves keeping everything to themselves.

Straightaway from Dead by Sunrise's Facebook: :lol:

Want to make Dead By Sunrise #1 on Fuse TV's no.1 Countdown show? The time has come to cast your personal vote for "Crawl Back In" video. We are currently #9 so let's aim high and shoot for #1!! Here is the link to vote http://www.fuse.tv/ontv/shows/no-1-countdown/. Vote under Viewer's Choice category. Thanks for all your support and go vote now!!

-Elias

So, Let's Vote!!

"EDIT: Forgot the -Elias" who is the coolest one.

Edited by Square_Head