"Guilty All The Same" - New Linkin Park Single!

hahninator

The opposite is happening for me. The more I listen to it, the more I like the raw mix. To each their own.

The problem I have with it mostly is that it seems the raw aspect seems to be overly treble-y and it drowns out the bass. It why I didn't realise Rob was using a double pedal till Astat pointed it out, the raw feel to the guitars and everything drowns out the bass drum too much.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit of trivia: Chester said it took Rob Bourdon 2 weeks to learn how to play Guilty All The Same.

CC:MSC

That's not much when you think about it. It just means that in a two week period, he was able to get it perfect. The drum performance on this track is one of the best I've heard on any LP track and I'm pretty sure there wasn't any quantization going on considering the style they are going for.

Question time

Is this Rob's best drumming ever?

Best Brad's work since...

No one has talked about Phi or Joe what do you think of them?

For the guitarists out there, will Mike will be very busy during the song?

Some of Robs and Brads best, yes

Question time

Is this Rob's best drumming ever?

Best Brad's work since...

No one has talked about Phi or Joe what do you think of them?

For the guitarists out there, will Mike will be very busy during the song?

Not Rob's BEST drumming ever, but one of his top 4 or 5 tracks for sure (Easier to Run, The Little Things Give You Away, The Catalyst...)

Brad's best work since In Pieces. Both songs are extremely simple to play outside of the solos.

Phoenix sticks to his usual "double the guitars an octave down" stuff on this song, nothing really noteworthy. It's hard to judge Joe's studio output because you never know which electronic elements in various songs are actually done by him and not someone like Mike or Brad. I pointed out earlier that there's some "Joe-ish" stuff in this song if you listen for it, but it's not necessarily Joe doing it.

I think this will be one of those songs where Mike switches back and forth between guitar and keys. There are a few spots with multiple guitar parts playing at once.

I hear at least three guitar parts and that makes me wonder how they will pull it off. It is the extra guitar that gives the punch to the song. I personally miss that in other songs live, a third guitarist (for example on Castle of Glass). I think that Mike will play the keys during the verses.

If Mike raps the bridge, will it sound ok with just one guitar? maybe Chester can play guitar in the bridge or Joe (lol).

The bridge only has one guitar part in it anyway. It's basically the second half of the intro, the choruses, the part between the first chorus and second verse, and the outro that have more than one part.

Edited by Astat

Lyrics:

Tell us all again / what you think we should be

What the answers are / what it is we can't see

Tell us all again / how to do what you say

How to fall in line / how there's no other way

But oh, we all know

You're guilty all the same

Too sick to be ashamed

You want to point your finger

But there's no one else to blame x2

You're guilty all the same!

Show us all again / that our hands are unclean

That we're unprepared / that you have what we need

Show us all again / cause we cannot be saved

Cause the end is near / now there's no other way

And oh, you will know

Too sick to be ashamed

There's no one else to blame

Guilty all the same!

Guilty all the same! x2

You're guilty all the same!

Yeah

You already know what it is

Can y'all explain

What kind of land is this

When a man has plans of being rich

But the bosses plans are wealthy

Dirty money scheme

A clean split is nonsense

It's insane

Even corporate hands is filthy

They talk team and take the paper route

All they think about is bank accounts

Assets and realty

At anybody’s expense

No shame with a clear conscience

No regrets and guilt free

They claim that ain't the way that they built me

The smoke screen before the flame

Knowin’ as soon as the dough or the deal peak

They say it's time for things to change

Rearrange like good product rebuilt cheap

Anything if it's more to gain

Drained, manipulated like artists, it's real deep

Until no more remains

But I'm still me

Like authentic hip-hop and rock

Til’ pop and radio and record companies killed me

Try to force me to stray and obey

And got the gall to say how real can real be

You feel me, we'll see

That green could be to blame

Or greedy for the fame

TV or a name

The media, the game

To me you're all the same

You're guilty

Too sick to be ashamed

There's no one else to blame

Guilty all the same!

Guilty all the same! x2

Guilty all the same!

Edited by martinez

Yeah, I too waited until hearing a high quality version to give my views... Having listened on YouTube in HD and now Spotify, the song is definitely growing on me.

The intro is cool, Rakim's verse is interesting, very unexpected obviously, I thought his vocals could have been a little louder but listening on Spotify in higher quality and it's better - still struggle to hear him at times through the drums/guitars but maybe that's just me.

Chester's screaming does seem off at first but maybe that's just the sound they're going for, as many have said he'll be sure to add in a scream here and there live.

Overall, nothing original to add but like everyone else I wasn't expecting such a heavy song, I could get used to this. Now the long wait for the album release!

I hear at least three guitar parts and that makes me wonder how they will pull it off. It is the extra guitar that gives the punch to the song. I personally miss that in other songs live, a third guitarist (for example on Castle of Glass). I think that Mike will play the keys during the verses.

I think Mike plays both keys and guitsr just like in WID,

I hope that doesn't mean Chester need to play guitar, I love see him jumping all over the stage while singing

Like the song. Im interested to hear how the rest of the album will be heavy and aggressive, but different from this song. One of Linkin Park's best qualities is their variety.

It's been said many times already, but the fact that this is the single is very exciting. I have always wanted them to release a heavier song for a single, only so those who do not buy the records can stop saying Linkin Park sucks.

Either way, can't stop listening!

I think those verses would sound 100x better if it was a gang vocal with Chester's lead still in the front. That would give the lyrics more meaning its since not in the first person. I think it would just make everything feel more full without the need of over production.

Edited by MONDREUS240

Guitar or piano track will probably be played from a player or something, just like before, in for example WID.

But I don't think least important guitar track is that hard, that Chester wouldn't be able to play this.

Is it only me or Rob didn't even touch toms during the track?