"Guilty All The Same" - New Linkin Park Single!

hahninator

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they released GATS too soon because of TF4. If they're really working on a song for TF4, they'll release it a month before the movie release date (27.06.2014). They basically can't release two singles month after month (and of course not in the same month).

And if the TF4 song is a part of the new album, it's even a better promotion for both.

that would be very smart! Let's hope something like this will happen!

Chester did say in one interview that this song is more metal than the other songs on the album

Maybe he didn't meant more metal than other songs on the album, but generally other songs they made. That's exactly what he said: "(...)This song in particular is a little more on the metal side than ...a...a... than many of the other tracks(...)"

Maybe he didn't meant more metal than other songs on the album, but generally other songs they made. That's exactly what he said: "(...)This song in particular is a little more on the metal side than ...a...a... than many of the other tracks(...)"

Seriously doubt the whole album will be in this genre, but who knows? Personally, I believe that the other songs on the album will contain the same type of energy that GATS possesses, but in different styles to create a varied album that is staying true to that aggressive energy throughout the album.

Seriously doubt the whole album will be in this genre, but who knows? Personally, I believe that the other songs on the album will contain the same type of energy that GATS possesses, but in different styles to create a varied album that is staying true to that aggressive energy throughout the album.

I'm not sure you understood me, but I don't think GATS will be heavier/more metal than the other songs on the album. I think it is "average heavyness" of the album, so there will be softer and heavier songs on it. It sure will contain different styles, as always. But think the album generally gonna be dark, maybe not as dark as GATS, but dark.

Chester said that "Guilty All The Same" is a good introduction to the record, so you can guess that it will be the first track on the album "The Hunting Party".

...The exact same thing was said about What I've Done, The Catalyst, and Burn it Down. None of those tracks were album openers.

Chester said that "Guilty All The Same" is a good introduction to the record, so you can guess that it will be the first track on the album "The Hunting Party".

I think he meant that it would be a good first impression on the album, rather than the opening of the album.

I want a rocking opening like Wake. I missed a introductory song on Living Things.

My guess is the Intro on GATS might be the "intro" of the album

This song would open an encore like a fucking boss. I mean imagine this:

Guilty All The Same

A Place For My Head

Faint

One Step Closer

Maybe even throw Across The Line in between GATS and APFMH.

GATS would be GOAT opener I think

A thought occurred to me - what if GATS is like the LGM or Wretches and Kings of this cycle?

I mean, it's definitely hyping the album up, but not with "mainstream" fans. This track was directed to the hardcore fans, who are gonna freak out about it and share it. "Old LP" fans are gonna see it and like it bc they're "back". Three months out, there's already a lot of buzzing around for the new album.

April would be a great time to release a radio friendly single and do the music video and everything for that, like they did with Burn it Down. This would target the people out there who are casual LP fans, along with people who aren't technically LP fans.

- The single gets traction in April, powerhouse in May with combined Hardcore, Returning (OldLP), and mainstream/new fan audiences.

- Album releases in June to built up hype. Transformers 4 song also released to promote movie, adds to hype and sales.

Actually, they may pull TF1/WID combo and have just an album song in the movie, combining the two songs I mention.

A thought occurred to me - what if GATS is like the LGM or Wretches and Kings of this cycle?

I mean, it's definitely hyping the album up, but not with "mainstream" fans. This track was directed to the hardcore fans, who are gonna freak out about it and share it. "Old LP" fans are gonna see it and like it bc they're "back". Three months out, there's already a lot of buzzing around for the new album.

April would be a great time to release a radio friendly single and do the music video and everything for that, like they did with Burn it Down. This would target the people out there who are casual LP fans, along with people who aren't technically LP fans.

- The single gets traction in April, powerhouse in May with combined Hardcore, Returning (OldLP), and mainstream/new fan audiences.

- Album releases in June to built up hype. Transformers 4 song also released to promote movie, adds to hype and sales.

Actually, they may pull TF1/WID combo and have just an album song in the movie, combining the two songs I mention.

This.

Why should they release anything based on mainstream music demands? Sounds like something they are trying to move away from. They have definitely done it many times before, many I'm being hopeful that they are making music that THEY like rather than what they want others to like