"Guilty All The Same" - New Linkin Park Single!

hahninator

Nickelback, Daughtry are some I can come up with now. But it also happens in other genres. The really urban singles for urban and rhythmic radio and more poppy ones for pop. Beyoncé's XO was poppy and sent to pop while Drunk in Love was for the urban ones. But it is a smart way to reach multiple audiences.

What bands do this?

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nickelback, Daughtry are some I can come up with now. But it also happens in other genres. The really urban singles for urban and rhythmic radio and more poppy ones for pop. Beyoncé's XO was poppy and sent to pop while Drunk in Love was for the urban ones. But it is a smart way to reach multiple audiences.

I know other genres do it but I've never heard of a band doing it. I'll give you Daightry. Nickelback= vomit

I know other genres do it but I've never heard of a band doing it. I'll give you Daughtry. Nickelback= vomit

Nickelback did Bottoms Up for rock and When We Stand Together for pop.

Bottoms up was alright, wwst gave me cancer. Linkin Park doesn't need to do the same, but I think they'd benefit a lot if they released another song before the album release that isn't as rough as GATS, so people would be willing to play it on mainstream radios (song doesn't have to be mainstream)

Anybody else think GATS is a political song?

Rob posted a video of them recording gang vocals a while back so I can't wait to hear that track

Could have easily been the gang vocals on GATS, just saying.

A thought occurred to me - what if GATS is like the LGM or Wretches and Kings of this cycle?

I mean, it's definitely hyping the album up, but not with "mainstream" fans. This track was directed to the hardcore fans, who are gonna freak out about it and share it. "Old LP" fans are gonna see it and like it bc they're "back". Three months out, there's already a lot of buzzing around for the new album.

April would be a great time to release a radio friendly single and do the music video and everything for that, like they did with Burn it Down. This would target the people out there who are casual LP fans, along with people who aren't technically LP fans.

- The single gets traction in April, powerhouse in May with combined Hardcore, Returning (OldLP), and mainstream/new fan audiences.

- Album releases in June to built up hype. Transformers 4 song also released to promote movie, adds to hype and sales.

Actually, they may pull TF1/WID combo and have just an album song in the movie, combining the two songs I mention.

I liek your points, a lot. except im an old school fan, and dont really like the song too much haha.

I really love this song :rolleyes: I think the lyrics are a fresh breathe of air. Rakims verse is just sick. Nice to finally see guitars take a bigger place now, i always respected brad's style (and mike ofcourse). Listening to something from meteora sounds really pop now. Good job LP.

Going to Download this year, excited to see Hybrid Theory because I've only been able to go to shows from about 2005/6 onwards and have yet to hear (and possibly won't have the chance to hear again) a lot of the other tracks live - With You, APFMH, Forgotten, etc.

However, I do love this song and I'm excited to see how they'll play it live.

I was wondering, what do people think of Rakim making an appearance simply because it's Download Festival and already a special occasion anyway? Seems possible right?

Either way, I'm excited to see what will happen live. Possible new bridge for live shows?

And if 6.14 proves to be the launch time, who knows what else could happen there? It's perfect timing!

EDIT: Sorry if anyone suggested this I just haven't read through 20 pages right now. Just being honest :)

Edited by hitamonkey

I guess I am a little late to the party, but this song just rocks! I must have heard this song like 40 times since it came out. Rob's work here, as many people already mentioned, is probably his best with TLTGYA and NMS.

Guitars are pretty standard for an LP-song, except for the solo, which reminded me of some stuff Matt Bellamy did in his earlier work. At first I wasn't really sure about Rakim's part but got used to eat pretty fast, since it gave the song some lyrical depth.

After all, I have to say, the song made me smile a lot while listening to it, which is the first time since I heard WTCFM the first time.

Good work guys, definitely hyped for the album, hope it's going to be a good mixture of heavy power songs and experimental electronic hymens.

Will LP be able to play this song on a show like Jimmy Kimmel or something like that? I say this because of it's 6 minute time length. They'd probably have to cut it a bit short, probably just play the radio edit.

Not sure if Rakim would go on TV with them, but you never know. He obviously would never be able to play the song with them at every show, so I think they will just cut out his part completely at those shows instead of Mike doing the rap. I do think that Rakim might join LP to play GATS at Wantagh, though.

Is anyone nervous that the song topped out at like 36 on US ITunes chart. It has been steadily dropping (down to 98). Reception isn't that well here in the states.

This song won't do well on the charts. This song is almost the polar opposite of what's popular right now.

Is anyone nervous that the song topped out at like 36 on US ITunes chart. It has been steadily dropping (down to 98). Reception isn't that well here in the states.

What the hell are you people expecting? This is a borderline progressive rock song being sent to radio. In case you haven't kept up with the times, heavier rock isn't the demand on radio.