"Guilty All The Same" - New Linkin Park Single!

hahninator

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone want to mix Reading My Eyes verse 1 over the bridge of GATS? To see how it sounds? Surely we'll see something else there (old song or new LP song) over the bridge since Rakim's shit won't be done by Mike.

Maybe Mike wrote his own verse before he invited Rakim, and they will play the "original" version of the song live.

Wretches and Kings works pretty well, it's just a matter of getting the timing right now.

Yeah I was trying with that, but the correct time is the problem. The rap would be "dirty" like Wretches & Kings or VICTIMIZED or something like that.

Rakim's verse is 24 bars long (technically 48, but for the sake of matching BPMs to other raps, I think it's much easier to cut the BPM down to 100 and double the length of each bar in this case). Mike tends to rap in 8 or 16-bar groups, but he has done some 12-bar verses as well. You'd probably have to put two verses together to fill it out. The first thing that comes to mind that fits within those parameters is if you combined both verses from In Stereo.

When it comes to double kick drum pedal, I think those weren't used. This guy (

) played the song in faster tempo using one kick drum pedal.

He's not playing the drum part anywhere close to how it's played in the song. He throws a lot of his own interpretation in there, like he does with all of his drum covers. He completely skips the double kicks when they appear, playing eighth notes where Rob plays sixteenths (to be fair, the double kicks aren't very audible in the full mix, but they're clear as day on the stems). I doubt there's a human being on earth who can play sixteenth notes at 200 BPM with a single pedal.

Edited by Astat

He's not playing the drum part anywhere close to how it's played in the song. He throws a lot of his own interpretation in there, like he does with all of his drum covers. He completely skips the double kicks when they appear, playing eighth notes where Rob plays sixteenths (to be fair, the double kicks aren't very audible in the full mix, but they're clear as day on the stems). I doubt there's a human being on earth who can play sixteenth notes at 200 BPM with a single pedal.

Yeah, you're right. I thought that he is playing usual version with his own additions, like some cymbals here and there, changing rhythm a bit etc. But after hearing the drum stem one more time I know what you're talking about.