"Guilty All The Same" - New Linkin Park Single!

hahninator

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell are you people expecting? This is a borderline progressive rock song being sent to radio. In case you haven't kept up with the times, heavier rock isn't the demand on radio.

This x100. Rock in general is not popular in the US at all and especially a 6 min progressive rock song from Linkin Park that is heavier than most of the other rock out there as it is. LP is definitely making a statement with this single + album, but it's not going to be popular in the radio/mainstream way.

Does anyone else find it a bit odd that LP didn't plan a release date for GATS or even promote it at all, they just randomly released it to us? No music video, etc. Kind of a strange approach for a LP album, usually they promote, etc.

Does anyone else find it a bit odd that LP didn't plan a release date for GATS or even promote it at all, they just randomly released it to us? No music video, etc. Kind of a strange approach for a LP album, usually they promote, etc.

They wanted to surprise us

At first I listened to the single, I was glad they that brought back the heavy guitars that I missed the last years. But I think it sounds not really like LP. Yes I know, they always want develop their musically skills, with doing what they did not before, anyway I miss something in the song.

I like the long intro and the guitar work, I like the Rap verse by Rakim but I miss something Linkin Parkish. I don't know how to describe it, it is my first feeling about a Linkin Park song, that could be made by another artist.

At first I listened to the single, I was glad they that brought back the heavy guitars that I missed the last years. But I think it sounds not really like LP. Yes I know, they always want develop their musically skills, with doing what they did not before, anyway I miss something in the song.

I like the long intro and the guitar work, I like the Rap verse by Rakim but I miss something Linkin Parkish. I don't know how to describe it, it is my first feeling about a Linkin Park song, that could be made by another artist.

Well I respect your opinion but to me this song has a brand new sound but also some elements of previous works, don't be scared of getting something different.

I don't scared about the diversity LP has, I really know what I can expect by the band and what not. This song is mind blowing and I'm exciting what I get to hear in the summer. I only think that something is missing in the song, it is more like jamming than the experimental stuff before. It has a kind of "back to the roots" but it is also different.

Guilty all the same is a good rock song, but is less experimental. I would more like to have an experimental heavy rock song, but I don't want judge the band before the had released LP6.

It was just my first impression of the song.

I don't scared about the diversity LP has, I really know what I can expect by the band and what not. This song is mind blowing and I'm exciting what I get to hear in the summer. I only think that something is missing in the song, it is more like jamming than the experimental stuff before. It has a kind of "back to the roots" but it is also different.

Guilty all the same is a good rock song, but is less experimental. I would more like to have an experimental heavy rock song, but I don't want judge the band before the had released LP6.

It was just my first impression of the song.

I really really love the diversity that LP has probably that's why they are my favorite band.

If Macklemore was on the bridge the shit would ROLL lol

Haha agree, sadly it seems that's just how popular music works these days. Collaborate with a well known or mainstream artist and the song goes straight up the charts and it gets played constantly on the radio.

I have always seen LP as one of those bands that sell many albums but not singles, so it doesn't surprise me that GATS is not doing that great on the charts.

I have always seen LP as one of those bands that sell many albums but not singles, so it doesn't surprise me that GATS is not doing that great on the charts.

It's true. They've never had a single hit the #1 spot on the Hot 100. The closest they had was #2 with In The End. On the flipside, they've only had one studio album NOT hit #1, and that was Hybrid Theory.

This song is having the opposite effect that BURN IT DOWN had, at least for me. The more I listened to BID, the more I hated it. With this one, the more I listen to it, the more I like it.

I feel exactly the same way