"Guilty All The Same" - New Linkin Park Single!

hahninator

The problem I have with it mostly is that it seems the raw aspect seems to be overly treble-y and it drowns out the bass.

lol, audible bass in a Linkin Park song? Are you nuts? Edited by Søuł

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a big fan of this... wow, first LP song I haven't loved. The chorus is lacking the ''heavy'' I thought would be there. Not a fan of the insanely long intro and I hate the fact that they would have a guest on a main album, especially on the lead single. Really let down. I guess I should have kept my expectations lower. Btw, this isn't heavy. Maybe in LP's world it is.

i did like the flow of it in the middle , but that thing from 5.12 puts me a smile ;) but still needs more HEAVY !

i did like the flow of it in the middle , but that thing from 5.12 puts me a smile ;) but still needs more HEAVY !

You should know that I basically love the song now and the biggest issue I had with it was the fact that there was a guest on a main album, but I've gotten over that and Rakim's verse is insane. I also realized that the album will have tons of heavy songs, Chester even said if people like GATS, they will love the new album because it's super heavy, he says. This may be one of the best singles LP have ever released at this point.

You should know that I basically love the song now and the biggest issue I had with it was the fact that there was a guest on a main album, but I've gotten over that and Rakim's verse is insane. I also realized that the album will have tons of heavy songs, Chester even said if people like GATS, they will love the new album because it's super heavy, he says. This may be one of the best singles LP have ever released at this point.

There's that complete 180 :P

I really love the Single! Had it on repeat for the last 3 hours. I love the raw feeling too it, because I am an extreme live listener, and songs feel overproduced for me from time to time when you have a great live audio track of a certain song.

The flow of the song is so good, Its different as first and sounds like something other bands would do. But in the end, You can hear so much Linkin Park in it again, whatever that must mean. Its just the feeling it gives me! haha!

I knew you would end up liking it!

That's good!

As for me, it's already in my top 4 LP songs.

If the rest of the songs are this good, I'll have a new favorite LP cd!

And What Chester said got me hyped! Also in one of the interviews, either Mike or Chester said thy being the first single they had to make this song radio friendly.

If this song is radio friendly, bring on the rest of the album!!!!!!!

Edited by Bliss

I wonder if there's a demo where Mike raps the bridge.

I think there is, Mike said something that he wrote a rap section in the bridge, he "thought" of making different rap than usually. Later he decided to do something else, and then his manager I think, said that Rakim would like to write with them.

Chester said the release date for the new album appears in one of the latest LPTVs.

Considering the dates below, does it seem a long time between the release of the first single and June (which may be the month of the release of the album)?

LIVING THINGS

06.04.2012 BURN IT DOWN Puzzle starts

16.04.2012 BURN IT DOWN Single release

08.05.2012 Scavenger Hunt starts

24.05.2012 BURN IT DOWN Music Video; LIES GREED MISERY Single release

26.06.2012 LIVING THINGS Album release

LP6

07.03.2014 Guilty All The Same Single release

xx.06.2014 LP6 Album release

Edited by Victor Del Porto

Chester said the release date for the new album appears in one of the latest LPTVs.

Considering the dates below, does it seem a long time between the release of the first single and June (which may be the month of the release of the album)?

LIVING THINGS

06.04.2012 BURN IT DOWN Puzzle starts

16.04.2012 BURN IT DOWN Single release

08.05.2012 Scavenger Hunt starts

24.05.2012 BURN IT DOWN Music Video; LIES GREED MISERY Single release

26.06.2012 LIVING THINGS Album release

LP6

07.03.2014 Guilty All The Same Single release

xx.06.2014 LP6 Album release

It's probably just a matter of logistics delaying the album release. In both cases, there was a European tour that preceded the album release date (I'm assuming the album release for LP6 will be after Europe, so they can do their usual promotional stuff without being busy with a bunch of live shows). They're apparently doing a MUCH more extensive series of rehearsals this time around though, starting in early April. They probably could release the album a month or so earlier than they are, but they'll be busy with other stuff.

It's probably just a matter of logistics delaying the album release. In both cases, there was a European tour that preceded the album release date (I'm assuming the album release for LP6 will be after Europe, so they can do their usual promotional stuff without being busy with a bunch of live shows). They're apparently doing a MUCH more extensive series of rehearsals this time around though, starting in early April. They probably could release the album a month or so earlier than they are, but they'll be busy with other stuff.

Wouldn't it make sense to release it before they start the tour or right after it so they can visit TV shows/radio stations all over Europe to promote it while they are here?

They're apparently doing a MUCH more extensive series of rehearsals this time around though, starting in early April.

Just curious, since I've seen you state this a few times, where did you get this information?