"Guilty All The Same" - New Linkin Park Single!

hahninator

Just curious, since I've seen you state this a few times, where did you get this information?

I saw Mark mention it on here a while back. Figured he's usually pretty good with his sources, hadn't heard anything from mine.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Authoritative American radio station Hard Drive Radio, that radio station which some months prior to exit EP of Pilots - ‘ High Rise ’, named date of its exit, declares, that 6th studio album Linkin Park, under the name ‘ The Hunting Party ’, leaves in the middle of June.

Not looking at it, in yesterday's interview Chester has mentioned, that with the name they were not defined yet.

Chester said the release date for the new album appears in one of the latest LPTVs.

Considering the dates below, does it seem a long time between the release of the first single and June (which may be the month of the release of the album)?

LIVING THINGS

06.04.2012 BURN IT DOWN Puzzle starts

16.04.2012 BURN IT DOWN Single release

08.05.2012 Scavenger Hunt starts

24.05.2012 BURN IT DOWN Music Video; LIES GREED MISERY Single release

26.06.2012 LIVING THINGS Album release

LP6

07.03.2014 Guilty All The Same Single release

xx.06.2014 LP6 Album release

Maybe they will release two singles before the album release?

Chester said the release date for the new album appears in one of the latest LPTVs.

Considering the dates below, does it seem a long time between the release of the first single and June (which may be the month of the release of the album)?

LIVING THINGS

06.04.2012 BURN IT DOWN Puzzle starts

16.04.2012 BURN IT DOWN Single release

08.05.2012 Scavenger Hunt starts

24.05.2012 BURN IT DOWN Music Video; LIES GREED MISERY Single release

26.06.2012 LIVING THINGS Album release

LP6

07.03.2014 Guilty All The Same Single release

xx.06.2014 LP6 Album release

Went to check, and if the album drops in June it will be the longest single-to-album time difference the band has had. Usually it's been around a month, and with LT it was two.

Hopefully like with LGM, they'll release a second track before the album is done. It's really quite the gap.

Went to check, and if the album drops in June it will be the longest single-to-album time difference the band has had. Usually it's been around a month, and with LT it was two.

Hopefully like with LGM, they'll release a second track before the album is done. It's really quite the gap.

Maybe they released GATS too soon because of TF4. If they're really working on a song for TF4, they'll release it a month before the movie release date (27.06.2014). They basically can't release two singles month after month (and of course not in the same month).

And if the TF4 song is a part of the new album, it's even a better promotion for both.

i like The Hunting Party as a album name. Sounds like an assertive, aggressive, etc

If you think about it, it makes sense with the whole "Carnivorous" theme Mike has been going on about for a while now. He considers LP to be carnivorous rock, and carnivores hunt. Idk, just a thought.

It's really not that long of a wait, honestly.

I agree. This time I'm going to ignore any and all leaks until the release. GATS is enough to hold me over for 3 months.

Love the song. Joe will probably play and piano parts. Definitely two guitars. Chester won't play guitar. It'll be the same set up as Burning in the Skies cept Brad will obviously have the solo. I can see them skipping the rap live and making it different.

Also I had a feeling Rakim asked to work with LP. Rakim is like one of Mike's idols. Its like how STP asked Chester....you just don't say no. lol

Each best song LP, I always dreamed to see the LP doing a song like that, and I'm dream fulfilled, can be said that music is the heaviest rock that LP has career, somewhat reminiscent Dream Theater (band that already enjoyed very) anxious too the disc, LP broke everything in this song :rolleyes:

Maybe they released GATS too soon because of TF4. If they're really working on a song for TF4, they'll release it a month before the movie release date (27.06.2014). They basically can't release two singles month after month (and of course not in the same month).

And if the TF4 song is a part of the new album, it's even a better promotion for both.

I like this theory.

Even if they aren't apart of TF4, I still think they will release another song before the album.

I like this theory.

Even if they aren't apart of TF4, I still think they will release another song before the album.

I remember reading an article that was posted on LPA that stated Linkin Park were in the studio with a representative from Paramount, possibly recording something for Transformers 4. I'm not sure where the article is; maybe someone can dig it up. Also, as good as GATS is, it's only going to find success on mostly actual rock stations. As of now, it's being ignored for the most part on alternative, which is a staple chart for LP. I believe they'll release a more radio friendly single to cater to that audience. Chester did say in one interview that this song is more metal than the other songs on the album so that has me thinking that they'll announce another single the same time they officially announce the album title, artwork, and start accepting pre-orders for the album.

I remember reading an article that was posted on LPA that stated Linkin Park were in the studio with a representative from Paramount, possibly recording something for Transformers 4. I'm not sure where the article is; maybe someone can dig it up. Also, as good as GATS is, it's only going to find success on mostly actual rock stations. As of now, it's being ignored for the most part on alternative, which is a staple chart for LP. I believe they'll release a more radio friendly single to cater to that audience. Chester did say in one interview that this song is more metal than the other songs on the album so that has me thinking that they'll announce another single the same time they officially announce the album title, artwork, and start accepting pre-orders for the album.

did he say it was more metal?

In an interview I heard, they said that GATS was made to be more radio-friendly for a single. If that song is radio friend;y, I want to hear the rest of the album.

Unless that was false information

It's being ignored on Alternative charts because the song is everything BUT Alternative. Lol. LP changes up their sound with every album, it's crazy and awesome when you think about it. I agree that this single will only get play on real rock stations. I think if Mike said they chose this song as the first single because it was the DNA of the album that most of the songs will sound like this song or heavier. I know there might be a softer track or two on the album, but I'm not sure if they will be releasing a single like that before the album comes out just to cater to other listeners. I think LP envisioned an overall sound with this album and they went with it full force.