"Guilty All The Same" - New Linkin Park Single!

hahninator

I love old LP and I also loved ATS I like when bands change it up but my fucken god this song rocks can you imagine how this album will be live finaly more kick ass songs live this song makes you wanna rock out in a mosh pit bring on new album and tour

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave it some time and now i love the song. Rakims verse is sick and the instrumental is awesome. "Too sick to be ashamed" is a great line. Still, Chester could've gone a bit harder especially on the chorus.

Edited by kickgift

First listen this morning while sitting at work. The addition of Rakim was nice, and I agree that they'll likely drop the part altogether live and for a rock-friendly radio edit.

Will be listening to it a few times through the day. Won't take long to grow on me!

Its a good song, will definitely be good for the live shows. However I can already see every band member just standing there on the stage, doing nothing else but playing their instruments, like they've done on their previous performances

Most probably they dropped Rakim's part when they'll played live just like Amnd One or what Simple Plan does with Summer Paradise.

Also that's the part I don't like much combined with the metal/punk-rock genre that the song has

no more all caps for this song?

Not according to what Linkin Park has been tweeting. They keep calling it "GUILTY ALL THE SAME"

I honestly think all the all caps stuff has just been FOR EMPHASIS AND IMPACT

First listen was ok. Already lost it's magic with the second listen but there is some potential to grow on me.

Dropping the rap part live would totally destroy the song for me. Hopefully they'll find a solution to keep it.

I think the whole caps thing is just the band using a different font. Basically what I mean is they type the songs in all caps but they do that with their band name and album names from all on. Hell, they even typed Steve Aoki and Rakim in all caps. So I don't think there is a need to put the stuff in all caps for iTunes, etc

Dear Lord,

People should stop mentioning ATS in every fucking thread!!!

ATS is good? Yes it is...but is a HELL boring album to play live...

This song is awesome and fill all the promisses Mike made.

In your opinion.

I only compared it, because to me ATS is probably LP at their most technical and experimental, its the benchmark for me.

The song is growing on me, I just hope it doesnt get old fast, like Burn It Down did.

I just ran the song through Audacity to learn some of the guitar parts, and I noticed the wavelength is CRUSHED all to hell. I understand the genre needs to be in your face and loud, but I just hope this album doesn't fall victim to the Loudness war; however, nothing can get as bad as Break The Cycle by Staind.

Here's Rakim's part

Yeah

You already know what it is

Can no one explain what kind of land is dest when a man has plans of being rich,

But the bosses plans is wealthy

There'll be a money scheme, a clean split,

Nonsense the same, even confidence is faulty

Talk team, they take the paper route,

All they think about is bank accounts, assets and realty,

Anybody's expense, no shame with a clear conscience,

No regrets, they're guilt free,

But they claim that ain't the way that they built me,

Smoke screen before the flame,

Know as soon as they're gone what the deal be,

Say it's time for things to change

Rearrange that dope product we built cheap

Anything if it's more to gain

Drain, manipulate it like "aw this is real deep",

Until no more remain, but I'm still me

Like authentic hip-hop and rock, to pop and radio

And record companies kill me,

Try to force me to strain it, no way,

You've got the gall to say "yo how real could real be?"

You feel me? Yeah we'll see

If greed will be to blame

Greedy for the fame,

TV or a name, media and the game,

To me you're all the same,

You're guilty

Most probably they dropped Rakim's part when they'll played live just like Amnd One or what Simple Plan does with Summer Paradise.

Also that's the part I don't like much combined with the metal/punk-rock genre that the song has

o.O

or maybe mike raps it live..if you have noticed it, he's a MC

Its a good song, will definitely be good for the live shows. However I can already see every band member just standing there on the stage, doing nothing else but playing their instruments, like they've done on their previous performances

well what else should the members of a band do on stage apart from playing their instruments? i think chester will go crazy on the new songs and this will bring the energy back that was missing in previous years and performances

I just ran the song through Audacity to learn some of the guitar parts, and I noticed the wavelength is CRUSHED all to hell. I understand the genre needs to be in your face and loud, but I just hope this album doesn't fall victim to the Loudness war; however, nothing can get as bad as Break The Cycle by Staind.

Hi, sorry to be a total dunce but could you explain that more please, what do you mean by crushed and what does that do to the song? I'm not a musician in anyway but still interested to hear/learn about it.

Thank you!