"Guilty All The Same" - New Linkin Park Single!

hahninator

1. How are they going to play this live? Just completely cut Rakim's part out of the song? I hate this about collaborations with outside vocalists on studio albums, it either means you end up using playback of their vocals for live performances, which comes across as super lame, or you end up cutting big chunks out of songs, which is about equally lame.

2. Great, a guest rapper on a "regular LP album" single. Now people are going to think Mike quit the band again.

My guess right now is that there will be a radio version, no emcee, shorter intro. It's too long for a radio song.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this seriously the same band that made LIVING THINGS? What the fuck. I mean this makes LIVING THINGS look like a demo from an unsigned band in 1983 lol. The setlists will flow so much better with songs like this...etc. This is a great change for them.

Chester sounds off. Needs some screaming at the end but it's not BAD. Very beginning of the intro is odd to me too, like Astat said. The part after the very beginning when the piano comes in is A++++. Much better than BID and all that crap. I'm impressed they stepped it up. Rakim's rap is filthy. Great stuff. Shinoda will do it live I'm sure.

The outro is really great.

Can't wait to hear the album.

I wonder if the iTunes release is the news Chester was talking about, or if we'll get more album info.

I don't see why Mike wouldn't do Rakim's part when they play live. I'm so excited to hear this live!!!!

This is such a strange song to follow up LIVING THINGS. I'm happy, but always constantly surprised by LP.

Is the reason Chester sounds so off to us because we are so used to his voice having 450 layers of autotune over it (see: New Divide) and this is raw? Do we even really know what Chester really sounds like on a studio song without HUGE editing and processing? LOL

Is the reason Chester sounds so off to us because we are so used to his voice having 450 layers of autotune over it (see: New Divide) and this is raw? Do we even really know what Chester really sounds like on a studio song without HUGE editing and processing? LOL

+1

Anyway, found this cover art.

Posted Image

I think so. I feel they may have wanted it to be raw. They let his voice crack here and there which I do like, but he literally sounds like he is dying in some parts.

Not a big fan of this... wow, first LP song I haven't loved. The chorus is lacking the ''heavy'' I thought would be there. Not a fan of the insanely long intro and I hate the fact that they would have a guest on a main album, especially on the lead single. Really let down. I guess I should have kept my expectations lower. Btw, this isn't heavy. Maybe in LP's world it is.

Not a big fan of this... wow, first LP song I haven't loved. The chorus is lacking the ''heavy'' I thought would be there. Not a fan of the insanely long intro and I hate the fact that they would have a guest on a main album, especially on the lead single. Really let down. I guess I should have kept my expectations lower. Btw, this isn't heavy. Maybe in LP's world it is.

:lol:

What makes me happy about this being the lead single is.. a lead single is used to promote the album. This song has a blend of melodic and heavy. I see the album having much heavier songs, and much softer songs, and this being the bridge in the middle.

New album name is "Straonit"? My download claims that is the name of the album.

What makes me happy about this being the lead single is.. a lead single is used to promote the album. This song has a blend of melodic and heavy. I see the album having much heavier songs, and much softer songs, and this being the bridge in the middle.

New album name is "Straonit"? My download claims that is the name of the album.

You get the download from LPU or some random site? Because if it's the former then that's huge news