"Guilty All The Same" - New Linkin Park Single!

hahninator

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think that Mike would just sing that part live.

I've always been under the impression there's a general "code" amongst emcees that you don't rap someone else's verse. Happens all the time with live performances by mainstream rap artists, and Mike cut Motion Man's verse out of Enth e Nd at Fort Minor concerts.

You get the download from LPU or some random site? Because if it's the former then that's huge news

I found it on Mediafire immediately. Could be someone f'ing with us, but a couple of days ago LPA were talking about "Straonit" and wondering what it meant.

I found it on Mediafire immediately. Could be someone f'ing with us, but a couple of days ago LPA were talking about "Straonit" and wondering what it meant.

At this point The Hunting Party sounds pretty legit but who knows.

Not a big fan of this... wow, first LP song I haven't loved. The chorus is lacking the ''heavy'' I thought would be there. Not a fan of the insanely long intro and I hate the fact that they would have a guest on a main album, especially on the lead single. Really let down. I guess I should have kept my expectations lower. Btw, this isn't heavy. Maybe in LP's world it is.

how do they tend to perform the song live. is mike suppose to rap rakim's part. anyways, the music is great but chesters vocals are alright.

After hearing this a bunch of times now I can honestly say "Hunting Party" is a good fit for the title of the album as long as its as heavy as this if not more. Heavy LP has always been my favorite and this is just pure aggression!

I hope we get this bad boy at midnight on iTunes so I can blast it at work all day tomorrow lol.

By far, the worst I've ever heard Chester. Where is the ferocity? The track would be wicked if he was screaming at the end of the chorus but he sounds horrible.

The jam during Rahim verse is great. And it's great they have found heavy guitars again but this proves that just because the song is built around a guitar and fast drums, it isn't Necessairily gonna be good.

I see no reason to bring a collaborator on this song. I don't care how "legendary" they are, Shinoda should do that part.

Not sure on a final opinion. It's headed in a direction I think I'll like but for Christs sake I hope Chester sounds better on other songs.

Everyone keeps talking about the intro of the song, but am I the only one more surprised by the ending of the song. By far the furthest sounding thing from "typical" LP in the whole song imo

First use of a wah pedal on an LP guitar part since Step Up, no joke (unless I'm totally blanking on something). The lead work in the outro sounds cool, but it's pretty similar to some of the stuff Brad does on the live outro to Faint, just more refined.

I just tweeted that fans will not understand how much of an honor it is to have Rakim guest on a song. Its like having Eric Clapton or Ozzy Osborne come and do a collaboration from a hip hop point of view. That being said. I love everything about the song. The guitars are awesome.

I agree with Astat on his points. People will think Mike left the band not knowing that he is the producer, and Chester doesnt sound amazing. The recording sounds very raw and organic and definitely Qwertyish. Though after Living Things which was way way overproduced, this is a nice contrast. I hope the rest of the album has a raw feel to it. I had a feeling after the EDM remix album, the next album would be completely live and I hope this song is a good sample of the whole project.

Holy mother of fuck this song is amazing. Definitely a whole new directio LP is taking, FAR away from anything they've done in the past few years. Won't be able to get a great listen until tomorrow, but if it sounded that orgasmic from my iPhone Speakers, holy shit.

And is that a guitar solo outro by Brad? 6 minute song thats pretty damn heavy with a solo? Is this LP?

Not a big fan of this... wow, first LP song I haven't loved. The chorus is lacking the ''heavy'' I thought would be there. Not a fan of the insanely long intro and I hate the fact that they would have a guest on a main album, especially on the lead single. Really let down. I guess I should have kept my expectations lower. Btw, this isn't heavy. Maybe in LP's world it is.

+1. Chester doesn't sound aggressive at all, he doesn't even come close to STP's EP sound. I hate that Mike went back on studio being strictly LP. And as you said, this isn't heavy music. Victimized is 100 times heavier than this. The lyrics are overly simplistic and Rakim's verse has 0 flow, he's just rapping the lines Mike laid out for him, and in my mind, Mike could've rapped them a 1000 times better.

I love the ending though, that wah is fucking cool.

Is there any pleasing you at all? :/