"Guilty All The Same" - New Linkin Park Single!

hahninator

it's far from old-school punk music but it's definitly rawer than anything in the past and his voice is crispy/punky throughout.

can't believe it either, it's amazing.

Well yeah, i just meant that his vocals sounded like something from an old-school punk band. The music sounds more like modern punk/hard rock.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it!!! I'm very excited by the new album, The intro has a good vibe very energentic no complicated verses and obvious chorus what more does a man need! I even like the random dude rapping reminds my of the WITH YOU reanimation remix no? GREAT

This album will be good. I love this raw production, it's really cool to hear the band this punk-rock for once. I can feel the human element! I'm glad they didn't go for the bro-metal option, with typical heavy low-tempo songs and "I'll fuck you up" lyrics. I think this energy could be really interesting with the dynamic of Chester and Mike on other songs. Promising.

I don't really consider this heavy, it's more energetic, really "Refused"-like. Screaming is heavy, so I can see why they opted for leaving it out here and just keeping it aggressive. Also, one of LP's big strengths is their ear for catchy melodies, and that is exactly what makes this song unique compared to other energetic rock bands. Because these types of songs don't usually contain a chorus this catchy. And it is really fucking catchy. Love it.

Also, the verse melody is pretty "folk"-sounding to me, which makes this song even more special. And the marching drums underneath it are cool.

Rob playing double pedal here for the first time ever. Awesome. Hope this is expanded upon in songs to come.

It's easiest to tell in the fill around 1:00.

Edited by Fleur de Lys

Sounds a step back to me.

Although its fun to hear them this heavy, thees not much substance to this song. Its like their trying too hard to push this whole bringing back rock thing that Mike keeps banging on about.

Lyrics wise its a bland, but most LP songs are. And an outside collab on a studio album track feels weird lol.

I still enjoy it though, i just found songs off ATS way more adventurous and better sounding.

Imagine this live: Given Up, Victimized/Qwerty (Mashup) flows right into Guilty All The Same

I feel like GATS would be a perfect song opener!

GATS into Given Up into Victimized/QWERTY into Faint

AMAZING opening right there!

Then they can slow it down for a bit

Sounds a step back to me.

Although its fun to hear them this heavy, thees not much substance to this song. Its like their trying too hard to push this whole bringing back rock thing that Mike keeps banging on about.

Lyrics wise its a bland, but most LP songs are. And an outside collab on a studio album track feels weird lol.

I still enjoy it though, i just found songs off ATS way more adventurous and better sounding.

This heavy? they were a lot heavier on other songs in the past. this song is raw, aggressive and fast but not this heavy.

This is rock music at its best due to so much innovation. who else could play and produce this song? no other band. it's an LP unique one! it's clearly a step forward! 6 minutes we have only seen on Reanimation and LTGYA and now it's 6 minutes full of energy and power. that's rock!

i mean, it's your opinion but seriously, ATS better sounding than this? more adventurous?

Woha, I will be at the live debut of this song -> Rock in Rio =D=D=D=D=D

PS: Reminds me of Sum 41

I assume they would debut it at their next show!

I think GATS might be their new set closer.

I feel like its a perfect set opener, not closer.

That Intro would do wonders for starting off a concert!

This heavy? they were a lot heavier on other songs in the past. this song is raw, aggressive and fast but not this heavy.

This is rock music at its best due to so much innovation. who else could play and produce this song? no other band. it's an LP unique one! it's clearly a step forward! 6 minutes we have only seen on Reanimation and LTGYA and now it's 6 minutes full of energy and power. that's rock!

i mean, it's your opinion but seriously, ATS better sounding than this? more adventurous?

Of course ATS was more adventurous. I dont think anyone would deny that.

I like the whole raw and unplugged vibe going on, but it still feels a step backward. Less experimental if you would.

I still dig it though, and this is only one song off the album, so who knows.

Of course ATS was more adventurous. I dont think anyone would deny that.

I like the whole raw and unplugged vibe going on, but it still feels a step backward. Less experimental if you would.

I still dig it though, and this is only one song off the album, so who knows.

i would deny that because you need to be excited and somehow be impressed/scared to be on an adventure. ATS was interesting but never adventorous imo.

i think it's way more experimental than LT but not as much as ATS. nevertheless they lacked a bit of LP-idendity, power and live-music instrumentation on ATS, so for me, it's definitly a step forward for a fan of the old lp days. it feels finally like the evolution of HT

i would deny that because you need to be excited and somehow be impressed/scared to be on an adventure. ATS was interesting but never adventorous imo.

No you don't lol. Strange definition of adventurous