"Guilty All The Same" - New Linkin Park Single!

hahninator

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm like 90% sure "The Hunting Party" has something to do with Transformers 4, but who knows.

I have seen this theory but why would the Hunting Party show up in a album preview music video?

Im 99% sure its the album title

My .02 on this being released so early in the process. Remember, they've been put under the gun on the last few albums about writing a specific lead single towards the end of the process. Sounds like they've got their shit together and are rolling with it.

Just love the speed of this trick more than anything. It just keeps driving. I'm a bit exhausted jamming to it after 6 minutes only to start again.

The actual guitar playing was very nice in the song, but the production quality was horrible IMO. The guitars sound nowhere near as nice as the ones heard on their first 3 albums and this mix sounds like something we'd get on an LPU CD or something. Not only that but the vocals just weren't performed well and the lyrics weren't really LP quality either. It just needed better production in general.

Now I feel stupid for being disappointed with BID when it came out

I believe its mixed that way on purpose. Its mixed that way to have more of a raw feeling

Wow, definately not dissapointed! Only thing i would fix is to make Chesters voice a little bit more aggressive but that's about it. Sounds a bit like A7X at times to me not sure why. Great song overall. And most inmportantly.. Has balls.

I can dig this. Almost a heavier Billy Talent vibe. Rakim's verse is tasty, as somebody else said earlier I can see them dropping a verse from a different song on it when they play it live. Definitely gonna be a big one at gigs - as much as I kinda agree about Chester's voice not being as awesome as on other songs, it does sound like a song he'll be able to do live pretty easily as it's got a pretty live feel already.

Must admit, certainly did not expect it to sound like this haha.

Everyone else is saying YAY GUITARS!, whereas I'm like YAY LIVE DRUMS! :lol:

Oh and for anyone who doesn't know, Rakim is widely regarded as one of if not the greatest rapper of all time. This is a big deal, people.

https://twitter.com/ChesterBe/status/441480873813082113

Chester on Twitter said: "Ok... If you guys like GATS, you're all going to shit your pants when you hear the record!!"

Oh god I'm gonna cream when this record comes out.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and for anyone who doesn't know, Rakim is widely regarded as one of if not the greatest rapper of all time. This is a big deal, people.

THIS

I like it and I think it'll grow on me too. I felt, after the intro build up that Chester's vocals were a little anti climatic and I'm glad I'm not the only one disappointed in them but overall I'm excited for the album.

I would love to hear this live! I'm not sure of the odd of that for Download Fest though ;)

Has this been confirmed as the first single from the album or just a collaboration song and it's not going to be on the album? My initial thought was it was going to be just for Transformers and appear on the movie soundtrack rather than the new album. I wouldn't have thought they'd put collaborations on a studio album.

I like it and I think it'll grow on me too. I felt, after the intro build up that Chester's vocals were a little anti climatic and I'm glad I'm not the only one disappointed in them but overall I'm excited for the album.

I would love to hear this live! I'm not sure of the odd of that for Download Fest though ;)

Has this been confirmed as the first single from the album or just a collaboration song and it's not going to be on the album? My initial thought was it was going to be just for Transformers and appear on the movie soundtrack rather than the new album. I wouldn't have thought they'd put collaborations on a studio album.

Its been confirmed to be the first single of the album.

They may have thought that before but they could change their minds on what they think.

Edited by Bliss

yall need to open up your minds lol.

That rap verse was just straight up NASTY. I wish i could have heard it better but eff... I have a feeling the entire album is going to be produce like this and i absolutely love it! This is the punk influence seeping in. LP lost me at LT, i took a little hiatus, but i already know im going to love this album.

Also, seems like they used very minimal vocal effects, maybe a little melodyne here or there but this is going to be a rough album. Welcome back LP.

Edited by FaiNt

Gave it a couple of listens and I like it overall.

I wish Chester was more..."Chester" and Mike did the rapping but other than that I like it.

I've never heard of Rakim but then again, its not my scene. However, just because someone is considered a legend, doesn't mean I gotta like them

yall need to open up your minds lol.

That rap verse was just straight up NASTY. I wish i could have heard it better but eff... I have a feeling the entire album is going to be produce like this and i absolutely love it! This is the punk influence seeping in. LP lost me at LT, i took a little hiatus, but i already know im going to love this album.

Also, seems like they used very minimal vocal effects, maybe a little melodyne here or there but this is going to be a rough album. Welcome back LP.

This. and expand your horizons! The Rap verse was definitely insane! Plus Rakim is a legend! Edited by Bliss

holy lord of fucking jesus. finally something they made right.

to me this sounds like a more pop-rockish way of metallica and it's great. finally some jamming, difficult song structures along with guitar solos, nu-metal rapping, a powerful chester und a fast tempo (drums)

never been so exciting since the first given up snippet appeard

\m/

Edited by e-pcMAKzzz

Have you guys ever listened to old-school punk music? Chester sounds a lot like some of the singers from that time, i mean loud (not necessarily agressive) vocals, over agressive music, and i think, that's exactly, what they went for on this song! And it works amazing! Can't believe this is the same band that made LT

Have you guys ever listened to old-school punk music? Chester sounds a lot like some of the singers from that time, i mean loud (not necessarily agressive) vocals, over agressive music, and i think, that's exactly, what they went for on this song! And it works amazing! Can't believe this is the same band that made LT

it's far from old-school punk music but it's definitly rawer than anything in the past and his voice is crispy/punky throughout.

can't believe it either, it's amazing.