LP headlining Download Festival 2014 & playing HT in full

lerkid

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read comments on Facebook at Download official page, everyone is pissed off when LP is one of the act. They said it's for Metal band, not some pop band. it's kinda stupid but who cares, i'm happy cuz they're gonna do something special. :D

That happens with most bands they announce to be honest. Fall Out Boy are getting the same treatment. This is LP's 4th headlining spot there so they must be doing something right!

THIS IS MADNESS. wait..no..MADNESS? THIS IS LP!!

Damn this is just awsome news, LP i adore you for this. childhood dream will be coming true. I'm freakin' psyched and it's 7 months from now. gotta wait for at least most of the line-up is revealed but considering A7X and FOB is also booked in, it seems like i'll have to fly to england this june :)

Wow! LP is so random i thought they were going to do this for the 10th anniversary but who cares hahahaha

Q: Download gets streamed in full? or we will just get some videos?

btw i think they should start the show with other NON HT songs and then finish it with HT

I only would move ONE STEP CLOSER to the end, PMA is not a song to finish a set, but it might work if they start the show with HT

AWESOME! btw it's funny that Soul gets really excited

Download usually streams a few shows, I think it's more likely we'll get a few songs on TV. That's something that nobody knows right now and we won't know until shortly before or after the show.

I'm not sure what's better the original HT song order or the old live order that worked very well.

Most UK festivals don't do big online streams of full shows. I have no idea why but its certainly not a management thing - the UK just doesn't stream stuff for some reason. Probably to force greater ticket sales(?)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's going in my signature.

:unsure: speaking in "green", you will um... need to resize that. Maybe a post link?

Sorry, haha :P

Most UK festivals don't do big online streams of full shows. I have no idea why but its certainly not a management thing - the UK just doesn't stream stuff for some reason. Probably to force greater ticket sales(?)

:unsure: speaking in "green", you will um... need to resize that. Maybe a post link?

Sorry, haha :P

About the webstream thing, download did it until 2009, after this year for some reason they stopped with the online streams thing.

Andy Copping (Downlaod Festival promoter) said on his twwitter a while back they aren't streaming the festival anymore just becasue it was too expensive and such a hassle to set up. Pretty much any festival that has a livestream have a massive company backing them, or something.

HELL YEA BABY!!!

I go to Download every year (since 2007), it's always the five greatest days of your life!!!

All you LP fans, i'll see you at Download, Let's drink some Jagermiester, a pint or two of somerbys cider and Lets get it on ;)

See you all at the barrier!!! :D

Their chances now of playing Scotland are better than ever because of how many new places they are visiting and how many old places they are revisiting.

LP have only played in Scotland 3 times in its entire career, with only one of them being a full LP headline show and not being a supporting act or a headline for a one-off festival. Two weeks on Wednesday (the 20th) will mark 10years since they last played a headline show there. Not getting at you, just saying.

Dude, you live closer to Donington than a good 7/8ths of this forum.

A train to Nottingham from Edinburgh is 5 hours and ~£50 (if you don't have a railcard), I know this because I am doing that exact journey this month, purely to see just two bands at an indoor show. Once you're in Nottingham you can then get a bus (leaving the nearby bus station every 30m) that goes direct to the festival gates, I know this because I did this journey last year. Also, we have no idea if this is a one off date yet, there may not be many big venues in Scotland but don't you think that Glasgow's new multimillion Hydro venue is somewhere the band would want to play?

There are thousands of people who are literally continents away from Download, and other potential dates, who would gladly be in your shoes following this announcement - spare a thought for them while you moan about a festival not being in Gretna Green...

Just because that Donington is not far away from me doesn't justify that I'm going, I don't go to festivals because there are only a few bands I would like to see but paying a lot of money for it isn't worth it for me. The first and only kinda festival I've went to and that was PR at Milton Keynes, I went not only because it was LP & lots of other artists I liked playing there but its fucking Milton Keynes, a pretty legendary places with a large capacity to hold, first & last time I would see LP in England, and I ain't moaning, just pointing out some pretty fucking obvious facts.

Edited by LPKode2

Ok, so the standard way to do this is to play in album order. But looking at the track order, I don't think it necessarily translates well to a live environment.

• Papercut
  • One Step Closer
  • With You
  • Points of Authority
  • Crawling
  • Runaway
  • By Myself
  • In the End
  • A Place for My Head
  • Forgotten
  • Cure for the Itch
  • Pushing Me Away
I'm just wondering whether they'll change up the track order to make it feel more like a mini-set. There's plenty of ways you could arrange this, but for example:

• Papercut
  • Forgotten
  • With You
  • Runaway
  • Points of Authority
  • By Myself
  • Crawling
  • Cure for the Itch
  • Pushing Me Away
  • In the End
  • A Place for My Head
  • One Step Closer

I think LP should perform it in album order including the available intros/outros and I'm sure for the second half of the set they will perform similar songs to the previous shows

LP have only played in Scotland 3 times in its entire career, with only one of them being a full LP headline show and not being a supporting act or a headline for a one-off festival. Two weeks on Wednesday (the 20th) will mark 10years since they last played a headline show there. Not getting at you, just saying.

Just because that Donington is not far away from me doesn't justify that I'm going, I don't go to festivals because there are only a few bands I would like to see but paying a lot of money for it isn't worth it for me. The first and only kinda festival I've went to and that was PR at Milton Keynes, I went not only because it was LP & lots of other artists I liked playing there but its fucking Milton Keynes, a pretty legendary places with a large capacity to hold, first & last time I would see LP in England, and I ain't moaning, just pointing out some pretty fucking obvious facts.

My point is that it's not really very tactful of you to appear to be saying these things about something so ... legendary happening more than a stone's throw from you. Tons of people are probably wishing they lived where you do, and you just sound a bit ungrateful.

I regularly go to festivals without knowing half the line-up and I always have fun, if you only ever sit at home refusing to go to something because you don't know a majority of the acts, how do you know you aren't missing out on a band you end up really loving. Festivals are the best places to discover new music and just soak up loads of great bands :)

I'll be there. Just going on the Saturday. Went 2011 also but this one's going to be on another scale altogether

2011 was epic dude, all that rain! I was at the barrier and didn't notice how muddy it was, everyone in my camp was screwed and feeling horrible but I stayed dry and set was epic, was with Chester right in my face when they played the Catalyst!

i got reply from Live Nation about single tickets

Day tickets are not currently on sale for Download Festival 2014. Historically they have gone on sale around March/April and prices will only be confirmed at this time.

i got reply from Live Nation about single tickets

Day tickets are not currently on sale for Download Festival 2014. Historically they have gone on sale around March/April and prices will only be confirmed at this time.

Didn't we already tell you that? :P

My point is that it's not really very tactful of you to appear to be saying these things about something so ... legendary happening more than a stone's throw from you. Tons of people are probably wishing they lived where you do, and you just sound a bit ungrateful.

I regularly go to festivals without knowing half the line-up and I always have fun, if you only ever sit at home refusing to go to something because you don't know a majority of the acts, how do you know you aren't missing out on a band you end up really loving. Festivals are the best places to discover new music and just soak up loads of great bands :)

Not being rude or disrespectful but I find it abit funny when you say "Tons of people are probably wishing they lived where you do", I highly doubt that to be honest. Its more the other way round where it's me wishing I lived where everyone else lives, and I'm not ungrateful.

I never said anything of the sort about refusing, I don't need to go to festivals to hear new music and learn about the bands, I do more enough of that from home from friends and other people I talk to. Maybe its alright in the future when I've heard & know about new bands, then go to see them afterwards if I want to or if I have the time or money (Which in most cases I don't).

Not being rude or disrespectful but I find it abit funny when you say "Tons of people are probably wishing they lived where you do", I highly doubt that to be honest. Its more the other way round where it's me wishing I lived where everyone else lives, and I'm not ungrateful.

I never said anything of the sort about refusing, I don't need to go to festivals to hear new music and learn about the bands, I do more enough of that from home from friends and other people I talk to. Maybe its alright in the future when I've heard & know about new bands, then go to see them afterwards if I want to or if I have the time or money (Which in most cases I don't).

I meant the "where you live" thing in terms of the fact that travelling down to UK festivals is easier for you than say, someone in the US. HT in full might not ever happen again and you're actually in a better position than most others - I was referring to this event specifically, not the tour schedules in general, and like Hahninator mentioned, it's entirely possible they'll come back to revisit Scotland in 2014

Let's just respectfully agree to disagree.we're all entitled to our opinions - that's the whole point of a forum :)

Very excited.

Agree with Ducko though, that if they hadn't announced the HT part I would have been dissapointed it wasn't an arena tour, I've seen LP ALOT at Download, still, I'm just hoping for better weather than last time!

For all those travelling from abroad to this show, bring your wellington boots!!

I'm only going the one day and would love to meet up with some of you!