LP headlining Download Festival 2014 & playing HT in full

lerkid

I cant imagine they'd do later albums in full on tour. HT is something special and pulls lots of people in, as oposed to LT or ATS in full. If they did "X in full" tours, they couldn't feasibly do that at a festival or an arean tour. it just, couldn't happen IMO.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAARP, if you saw Easier To Run you saw Hit The Floor too, they were both played at the Manchester apollo show in 2003.

oh yeah so i did i think it was figure 09 i haven't seen then prity sure there's one song off meteora i haven't seen

Even if it turns out that they do the full HT only at this show doesn't mean they won't play Forgotten, By Myself at others ^^

It's true. They may drop a few songs, but keep others, like how they dropped Runaway and Crawling in 2012, but kept With You, Points of Authority, and A Place For any Head.

Everybody on here knows damm well they just want to hear 2014 LP play Forgotten & By Myself ! Lol :) Still pretty awesome !

I mean I haven't seen Forgotten, By Myself or Runaway. I was so disappointed when Runaway wasn't in the Mansfield set last year. I saw Pushing Me Away once and Chester looked very bored because he was on the micstand....hopefully this time it's better.

Papercut is my favorite Linkin Park song and A Place For My Head has the iconic status for me....aka their best live song they had....so I'll be stoked for literally everything except Crawling and In The End, which I have seen a million times. But hey Hybrid Theory kicks ass. Everything else like Points, With You, OSC, etc are bad fucking ass and rock live. With You in Bristow last year was really awesome.

Luckily for you Geki they always play What I've Done :P In Pieces was great. I haven't seen Valentine's Day unfortunately.

I just want LP to bring back In Pieces because it is the second best LP song. Third being Valentine's Day and first being What I've Done.

omg, i thought i was the only one missing that song that much. They f.... dropped it at my first gig i ever went to (Riga 2008), so pretty pissed about it still. Luckily i got Pushing me away, Valentines day and a place for my head that day.

Thanks fixed it, I'm more used to type 2004 instead of 2014 (yet).

The custom setlists thread became huge over the last 5 years. 40 pages and almost 800 replies. wow!

I honestly don't like that every time something like this happens people start posting setlists into discussion, that's what the setlist topics are for. But I think it's really interesting to see how the setlist predictions changed over time and what turned out to be true or not.

I mean I haven't seen Forgotten, By Myself or Runaway. I was so disappointed when Runaway wasn't in the Mansfield set last year. I saw Pushing Me Away once and Chester looked very bored because he was on the micstand....hopefully this time it's better.

Papercut is my favorite Linkin Park song and A Place For My Head has the iconic status for me....aka their best live song they had....so I'll be stoked for literally everything except Crawling and In The End, which I have seen a million times. But hey Hybrid Theory kicks ass. Everything else like Points, With You, OSC, etc are bad fucking ass and rock live. With You in Bristow last year was really awesome.

Luckily for you Geki they always play What I've Done :P In Pieces was great. I haven't seen Valentine's Day unfortunately.

Yes, that is the one song from MTM that they will always keep, which makes me happy because it is my favorite LP song and a good live song as well. In Pieces was definitely a great live song, I wish they kept it around a bit longer. Valentine's Day was awesome when I saw them perform it in Manchester in 2008. It wouldn't fit well with the sets nowadays but it was a cool live song, too.

Yes, that is the one song from MTM that they will always keep, which makes me happy because it is my favorite LP song and a good live song as well. In Pieces was definitely a great live song, I wish they kept it around a bit longer. Valentine's Day was awesome when I saw them perform it in Manchester in 2008. It wouldn't fit well with the sets nowadays but it was a cool live song, too.

Valentine's Day really would have fit in well for the ATS sets.

Well if you come over for download or anyone who's coming you can meet up with my group there will be like 20 hardcore LP fans plus we can help you out as we all know donington like the back of are hands

Edited by HAARP

Mike said it is unlikely that they'll play Hybrid Theory in full at other UK arena shows. This can be taken many ways but definitely causes more confusion lol. It's possible they'll play it at other festivals, but it seems like the band doesn't want to do it more than once. And in that case, that really sucks for 99% of the fans.

Mike said it is unlikely that they'll play Hybrid Theory in full at other UK arena shows. This can be taken many ways but definitely causes more confusion lol. It's possible they'll play it at other festivals, but it seems like the band doesn't want to do it more than once. And in that case, that really sucks for 99% of the fans.

my response:

it could be a 2014 exclusive, or a 2014 festival exclusive.

of course LP are shit with living up to our expectations sometimes, but who's to say they won't make a big "we've decided to do HT in full in the US for X/Y (CA/NY) dates"

my point is that a festival promoter can have the band sign for a performance's exclusivity over that year or the festival period, but they don't own the band's live output for the rest of time!

It may be a long shot, and it may be years until-, but we ought ot not assume DL is the be-all-and-end-all of HT in full.

Considering Download wasn't even going to bring LP back as a headliner if they DIDN'T play HT in full, meaning it probably doesn't bode well for them headlining Download again after 2014, it wouldn't surprise me if they ultimately said "screw it" and played the album in full at some shows after Download takes place. The promoter can try to sue (and may be right in doing so, depending on the wording of the contract), but LP has WB backing them, and things like that have a tendency to quietly be settled out of court anyway. It's not like the promoter has more cash to throw around than "LP, Inc." does, lol.

Considering Download wasn't even going to bring LP back as a headliner if they DIDN'T play HT in full, meaning it probably doesn't bode well for them headlining Download again after 2014, it wouldn't surprise me if they ultimately said "screw it" and played the album in full at some shows after Download takes place.

Maybe if LP makes rock music again, Download will want them back.

I think the fact that LP barely comments on it right now, especially about stuff outside of Download might be that they have to keep quiet for a while, that the Download sales keep flowing with this exclusive performance. Which obviously works.

Download is one of the first, if not the first of the major european summer festival to go on sale. They have a good headstart. Rock am Ring/Rock im Park don't go on sale with part of the lineup until about mid or late December.

If they play other headline shows, festivals, those are probably not going to be announced until early 2014 up to March, maybe even April (based on previous tours).

That they headline under this condition is not suprise to me, since the 2011 Download setlist was pretty weak setlist wise, LOTS of ATS songs, probably lots of stuff most people didn't want to hear. I think LP just doesn't really know how you headline a big festival like this.

I think the fact that LP barely comments on it right now, especially about stuff outside of Download might be that they have to keep quiet for a while, that the Download sales keep flowing with this exclusive performance. Which obviously works.

Download is one of the first, if not the first of the major european summer festival to go on sale. They have a good headstart. Rock am Ring/Rock im Park don't go on sale with part of the lineup until about mid or late December.

If they play other headline shows, festivals, those are probably not going to be announced until early 2014 up to March, maybe even April (based on previous tours).

That they headline under this condition is not suprise to me, since the 2011 Download setlist was pretty weak setlist wise, LOTS of ATS songs, probably lots of stuff most people didn't want to hear. I think LP just doesn't really know how you headline a big festival like this.

You can't headline Download with shit like Shadow Of The Day, Iridescent, Waiting For The End, etc in the sets. People are there to rock, not cut themselves and go to sleep.

Yeah exactly, 2007 festivals were kind of ok, but they kept playing the same set for both headline and festival shows. PMA piano at a festival is probably the worst thing they could do. Especially since it's not the normal version of the song. If it was their biggest well know ballad, but it isn't. Instead it's a super slow version of PMA that works waaay better at a solo show where people appreciate it. At festivals people just start taking, get bored, fall asleep, go away.

The only things that saved it were the heavy start, No More Sorrow, Faint extended etc.

You can't headline Download with shit like Shadow Of The Day, Iridescent, Waiting For The End, etc in the sets. People are there to rock, not cut themselves and go to sleep.

I wouldn't call them shit because they are awesome when played ON TOUR. The festival sets should always be tweaked to what the environments are for it. Since Download is full of a lot of rock acts, it makes sense that they are going to play HT in full with he most hesvy tracks. Not that there's anything wrong with the aformentioned tracks, they would be fine at a show with hardcore fans, not one full of people who may be only going to the show for one specific band, but they see LP causethey know a few old hits.