LP headlining Download Festival 2014 & playing HT in full

lerkid

do you think we'll get another Hunting Party tracks so soon before the album? i can see GATS and UIG in the set for these festivals like BID and LGM were for Living Things last year, other than any little rap segments as intro/outro parts on older songs (like Until It Breaks/WFTE) I can't see us getting to hear much more of The Hunting Party (until it leaks, until it lea-e-e-e-eaks)

They will debut some songs in their shows, we will listen to them first there.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for me playing the album backwards would be great

a nice setlist would be 3-4 heavy song to start the show with, then Numb & BTH plus the eintire HT backards (starting with PMA and ending with Papercut) then - after an eventual encore break - 3-4 songs to close the set

Does anyone have a weekend and/or day ticket you can scan for us?

As in a scanned image for ticket stubs archives ?

I got my 5 day camping weekend ticket yesterday. Ill try and get it scanned.

"so, how are you going to fill a whole headline set with Hybrid Theory?"
MIKE: "well, we've got a lot of stuff in addition to Hybrid Theory . We've never played Hybrid Theory in sequence..."
"Are you going to mix the album up or stay true to it?"
MIKE: "I think we're gonna play it in sequence - we're not gonna mess with it. This is an opportunity to celebrate the record the way it was. After we do that, then we'll have some fun, but as far as playing the record, it'll be played how it was meant to be heard."
--- Kerrang Magazine 1515 (sections in bold added)

thus ends my speculation about sequence/mixed-up.
intrigued as to what they'll have in store afterwards, i hope "fun" means "continued energy" :lol:

"so, how are you going to fill a whole headline set with Hybrid Theory?"

MIKE: "well, we've got a lot of stuff in addition to Hybrid Theory . We've never played Hybrid Theory in sequence..."

"Are you going to mix the album up or stay true to it?"

MIKE: "I think we're gonna play it in sequence - we're not gonna mess with it. This is an opportunity to celebrate the record the way it was. After we do that, then we'll have some fun, but as far as playing the record, it'll be played how it was meant to be heard."

--- Kerrang Magazine 1515 (sections in bold added)

thus ends my speculation about sequence/mixed-up.

intrigued as to what they'll have in store afterwards, i hope "fun" means "continued energy" :lol:

I think with "fun" Mike mean the usual mix of singles and new songs (hope they'll play more than two songs off the new record)

Hybrid Theory is only 37:45, adding maybe 5 or 10 mins for time in between tracks or banter. That is a lot of stage time left for LP since they are playing a longer than usual set.

Hybrid Theory is only 37:45, adding maybe 5 or 10 mins for time in between tracks or banter. That is a lot of stage time left for LP since they are playing a longer than usual set.

maybe they didn't play the whole time;

At Sonisphere back in 2011 they've got a 100 minutes slot, but they've played for 80 minutes

Edited by stich

maybe they didn't play the whole time;

At Sonisphere back in 2011 they've got a 100 minutes slot, but they've played for 80 minutes

Yep this guy is right.this is stage times given,that give room for band to be late on stage, and LP are always late at download ,so will not play this long.they always come on late finish early

Maybe they'll surprise us and do Meteora in full too...

... a man can dream.

Edited by Projektion

Hybrid Theory is the only CD that I have in my car right now. I want to stop listening to GATS & UIG on repeat since the album is coming soon and I want to honor LP for playing Hybrid Theory at Download. I can't wait to hear this show.

Damn, that's an over an hour for a bunch more songs. Give or take 5 - 10 minutes for an encore break, that's enough for like 10 singles (~30 minutes) and a good amount of others. Super pumped to see what they have in store.

Gonna guess the set...

01. Guilty All The Same
02. Given Up
03. Papercut
04. One Step Closer
05. With You
06. Points Of Authority
07. Crawling
08. Runaway
09. By Myself
10. In The End
11. A Place For My Head
12. Forgotten
13. Cure For The Itch
14. Pushing Me Away
15. Wastelands
16. Castle Of Glass
17. Burn It Down
18. Waiting For The End
19. W&K/RTN/STB Medley
20. Numb
21. Faint
22. Until It's Gone
23. What I've Done
24. Bleed It Out

Gonna guess the set...

01. Guilty All The Same

02. Given Up

03. Papercut

04. One Step Closer

05. With You

06. Points Of Authority

07. Crawling

08. Runaway

09. By Myself

10. In The End

11. A Place For My Head

12. Forgotten

13. Cure For The Itch

14. Pushing Me Away

15. Wastelands

16. Castle Of Glass

17. Burn It Down

18. Waiting For The End

19. W&K/RTN/STB Medley

20. Numb

21. Faint

22. Until It's Gone

23. What I've Done

24. Bleed It Out

LOL

I was texting the exact same setlist to a buddy of mine as my guess for DL just a few hours ago after I saw the Tucson set. Wanna bet they will drop the HipHopMedley for New Divide though..

Edited by sckofelng