LP headlining Download Festival 2014 & playing HT in full

lerkid

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://twitter.com/Maverick_AC/status/397847434891501569

Confirmed exclusive for Download Festival.

I am sure MLK, who books LP for a quadzillion big shows in Germany, will try to get them to do it in Germany. That's arguably the best promoter in Europe. Maybe Rock am Ring/Rock im Park, solo shows, or even a short Projekt Revolution run. Metallica's Black Album in full started at just one show, and look how that spread. I'm sure festivals will be throwing cash at the band by the bucket full to do Hybrid Theory in full at other shows.

The band has to know everyone and their mother wants to see this lol

Guys don't beleave andy who dose download he has said stuff has been exclusive before loads of bands have played download he said they would only be playing at download no uk tour 2 weeks later that band adds full uk tour andy can't stop the band from playing it in full at all there shows and I can't see LP doing it for some fans and not others

I mean they obviously use this to promote Download and it works really really well for them. It's a smart move to call it exclusive, that might still change. I've seen festivals having exclusive acts that just play on their festival in their own country but still play show all over Europe.

I think they will play 2 or 3 other Uk shows without all HT songs and also will do a few projekt revolution shows in Germany and maybe France, Italy .....

Maybe at ProRev they will play the full HT-setlist but at the other shows not

How the hell could they make a setlist exclusive?! I don't believe that the contract says that they are not allowed to play the full album anywhere else. I can't imagine that someone would sign under such conditions.

It wouldn't even make sense to rehearse the full album for weeks only to play it once.

If he says it's a Download exclusive then they've probably signed a contract saying they can't do it elsewhere...at least not at the competing European festivals. However, since they're rehearsing the songs I can see them adding it to other setlists too.

Sky Arts usually have a few hour shows covering Download Festival, they'll surely broadcast some of LP's set.

Also, I saw LP at Download 2004, before they played it was Sum 41, after Sum 41 played LOADS of people left, it sounds like the organisers think Hybrid Theory will be a pull for the Download punters.

If they do it for the fans it would be really unfair if they did it just that one time, tons of people would complain.

It's good that the promoters gave them the idea, unless they'll sign some exclusive contract to do it only there.

ye, but they cant make happy every single fan in the world. Can they ?

Can we just kill off the stupid idea of them playing the album in anything other than the original tracklisting order right now? Name one band that has made a big "we're playing x album in its entirety for this show/tour/event" announcement and then played the album out of order. It doesn't happen. Ever. That completely defeats the purpose of something like this. LP was essentially playing every song from Hybrid Theory during their late 2001/2002 live shows, so if they just did that again, it wouldn't be "special."

They're not going to JUST play Hybrid Theory (40 minutes for a headlining set at one of the biggest festivals in Europe? Do some of you people actually bother to think before you post?), and I HIGHLY doubt they dust off any other rarities like High Voltage, My December, whatever. Those songs aren't officially part of Hybrid Theory, no matter how many special editions/repackagings of the album they've subsequently appeared on. They'll either play HT at the beginning or in the middle of the set. Definitely not the end, they're not going to close a show with CFTI/PMA, lol.

I predict something like this:

01. Lost in the Echo

02. Faint

03. Waiting For the End

04. (First single from new album)

05. Papercut

06. One Step Closer

07. With You

08. Points of Authority

09. Crawling

10. Runaway

11. By Myself

12. In the End

13. A Place for My Head

14. Forgotten

15. Cure for the Itch

16. Pushing Me Away

----------

17. New Divide

18. Burn it Down

19. Numb

20. What I've Done

21. Bleed it Out

I think this would be good

01) Papercut

02) One Step Closer

03) With You

04) Points Of Authority

05) Crawling

06) Runaway

07) By Myself

08) In The End

09) A Place For My Head

10) Forgotten

11) Cure For The Itch

12) Pushing Me Away

13) Somewhere I Belong

14) LOST IN THE ECHO

15) Numb

16) Waiting For The End

17) What I've Done

18) CASTLE OF GLASS

19) Breaking The Habit

20) Given Up

21) BURN IT DOWN

22) Faint

23) Bleed It Out

Pretty accurate, Astat. I'd prefer Papercut opening though. End the main set with Faint or something. Really doesn't matter.

Why do a few of you think this means an all HT era setlist? That is definitely not what this is. It's all 12 songs from HT and then their other songs from the other albums. We're not getting High Voltage, And One, My December or anything like that.

They've been asked by the promoter and agreed to do this as a fan favor, signing a contract that prevents them from ever doing it again/doing it somewhere else, would be very stupid on their part. If they just keep quiet about it for a few weeks works for the festival sales well enough.

Remember this is what the promoter said, not the band, he wants to sell out the festival. He also didn't use words like world exclusive, or once in a life time event blablabla.

Can we just kill off the stupid idea of them playing the album in anything other than the original tracklisting order right now? Name one band that has made a big "we're playing x album in its entirety for this show/tour/event" announcement and then played the album out of order. It doesn't happen. Ever. That completely defeats the purpose of something like this. LP was essentially playing every song from Hybrid Theory during their late 2001/2002 live shows, so if they just did that again, it wouldn't be "special."

Hate to burst your bubble but Story Of The Year started their 10 Year Anniversary Tour for Page Avenue this year and they don't do it in order. It's a big event so I'd say that's definitely one exception to your quote haha.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/story-of-the...l-23c6205f.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/story-of-the...x-53c74f51.html

If they want to start off with some nasty shit and blow a crowd up, they'll open with Papercut. Metallica did 4 songs before they did the Black Album finish-to-start (backwards) (although I think the first part of the tour had it start-to-finish before they changed it) and then had an encore after it, so who knows what they'll end up doing.

I mean I know they are their popular singles and whatnot, but fuck Numb, New Divide, etc...that will kill a vibe from 12 nasty songs instantly in an encore lol; too greedy I guess.

Kiss did the Alive/35 World Tour in 2008 celebrating the 35th anniversary of the "Alive!" album. They started the show following the album setlist and then started the encore with 6 post-"Alive!" singles.

I think LP will do the same thing.

Edited by wesleylpbr