LP headlining Download Festival 2014 & playing HT in full

lerkid

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone remember when green day dropped the Dookie backdrop 2 months ago? Imagining that energy with HT :o

I also rember that Green Day plays Dookie in full three time prior to Reading (In Belgrade, Vienna & Brixton);

so there's still a chance we'll might see more HT songs next year if the band want rehearse it

Edited by stich

I also rember that Green Day plays Dookie in full three time prior to Reading (In Belgrade, Vienna & Brixton);

so there's still a chance we'll might see more HT songs next year if the band want rehearse it

Yep that's true. But Green Day is the sort of band that will add old stuff to their set. Plus this is already kinda confirmed to be exclusive. Still very awesome news though. The return of PMA & BM :)

Yep that's true. But Green Day is the sort of band that will add old stuff to their set. Plus this is already kinda confirmed to be exclusive. Still very awesome news though. The return of PMA & BM :)

I know;

but maybe LP want to play rare song (By Myself, Forgotten etc.) juyst to practice for Download (especially if they want to release it)

Yeah, I would say By Myself and Forgotten in particular are pretty likely to be played at multiple shows. The band wouldn't dust off 2 songs that haven't been touched in 10 to 12 years, run through them countless times at rehearsals (for both band and crew, Jim Digby is the only member of the LP touring crew that worked for them the last time Forgotten was played, and I think Sean Paden is the only other one who was around for the last performance of By Myself), build new show production elements for them, etc...just to play them once. I think it's a lot more likely that stuff like Crawling, Cure for the Itch, and maybe Pushing Me Away will only be played at Download.

The minimum, Forgotten, Runaway, By Myself, Pushing Me Away and Cure For The Itch should stick around in the setlists since they haven't been played in so long. I'd even be down with With You and Points Of Authority taking a break because we know the band won't drop In The End. Those 5 I mentioned haven't been around in a while.

The minimum, Forgotten, Runaway, By Myself, Pushing Me Away and Cure For The Itch should stick around in the setlists since they haven't been played in so long. I'd even be down with With You and Points Of Authority taking a break because we know the band won't drop In The End. Those 5 I mentioned haven't been around in a while.

But if that were to happen, the set would contain almost all of HT. They'd have to sacrifice a lot of other singles from other main albums, and also risk not adding new songs from the next album into their set.

But if that were to happen, the set would contain almost all of HT. They'd have to sacrifice a lot of other singles from other main albums, and also risk not adding new songs from the next album into their set.

That is pretty much what he wants. I would be fine with just Forgotten and By Myself sticking around, if only until other places have had the chance to see them.

I guess I can handle no PMA or CFTI since they were on two tours in 2008, even though I love Pushing Me Away. But Runaway was on just one in 2012...the USA didn't get it on the HCT. Runaway, By Myself, and Forgotten are 3 songs - that's not a lot of room. Drop Points, With You and a random song like LGM and you have room for them. Then replace some singles, etc with new songs. Done.

I just don't like Runaway, so I wouldn't think it was the end of the world if it was dropped prior to the US.

My mentality is even though an old song may not be good, I'd still want to hear it live for the gratification that I've heard that song. I'm not too strong on In Between but I'd still like to hear it live so I can say I did.

I say they do this kind of mini tour playing HT in full before the new album drops. Then there's no problem. Or if not in full, keep Forgotten, By Myself, CFTI, and PMA. Only real rarities. Runaway was back recently and I can honestly do without it. Then they just have those 4 plus ITE and OSC. Plenty of room in the set for the other album songs.

I would like to see By Myself and Forgotten live because they haven't been played in FOREVER and also because I would like to cross those off the list of songs that I've seen live. They played Cure For The Itch and Pushing Me Away in recent years (2008, 2011) and I was unable to catch a show where they performed those. I did see the piano version of Pushing Me Away, so I guess that counts in a way. Other than that, I've seen all songs off of Hybrid Theory.

it'd be nice if they included either b sides from that time period or stuff from the ep but i highly doubt this. And in relation to Astat saying that they would rehearse these songs for the show and prob wont drop them. Remember what happened to "Reading My Eyes"

But, they didn't drop Reading My Eyes. (I'm assuming you're talking about 2013)

But, they didn't drop Reading My Eyes. (I'm assuming you're talking about 2013)

He means first, it didn't stay for 2007. But more importantly, it was in the European 2008 Summer Tour setlists and was dropped on Projekt Revolution. Those sets I believe were one song shorter (maybe Set Z was the same, but X wasn't and Y I don't think was either) due to that song being dropped as well as Valentine's Day and A Place For My Head.

Am I seriously the only fan of Runaway? :P I think it's a jam. The bridge is great and Chester really brings it. Lots of energy. I'd love to see it, especially as a song I haven't seen before.

Besides getting used to Mike standing behind the keyboard (he doesn't move around without doing something it seems these days....so it'd be interesting to see what would happen if they brought Don't Stay back), this shit is great! That bridge is explosive! I'd rather see it all day over Crawling (it's much better lyrically to me, even) and even In The End.

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone who've been to Download before know when the single day ticket been avaiable.

i'm problably going to this - since for the moment it's the place nearer to me - and I'm wanna make sure to not miss it?

Edited by stich

One day tickets will be available a month/month and a half before the festival don't worry they won't sell out fast so you will have time

Thank you, it's the first time I've try to organise a trip to Download Festival, and I wanna be sure about day tickets since I'd want to go only on LP's day

• 2 months later...

I find it interesting Download has shaped up to be the last show of the tour right now instead of near the beginning. With the band rehearsing in early April (much earlier than normal), they'll have about 6-7 weeks of rehearsing before they head to Europe. Then they have two full weeks of no Hybrid Theory before they take the stage at Download.

I wonder if they'll have the album finished in the next 5~ weeks before they start rehearsals. This is going to be an interesting (but short) Euro Tour. Will they work on the album after Europe?

I find it interesting Download has shaped up to be the last show of the tour right now instead of near the beginning. With the band rehearsing in early April (much earlier than normal), they'll have about 6-7 weeks of rehearsing before they head to Europe. Then they have two full weeks of no Hybrid Theory before they take the stage at Download.

I wonder if they'll have the album finished in the next 5~ weeks before they start rehearsals. This is going to be an interesting (but short) Euro Tour. Will they work on the album after Europe?

I'd say new album out before,and this tour will be like a album promotion tour ,hence only doing hybrid at download ,as rest of tour will be about new album ,and download will get hybrid in full few other singles and few new songs that's my guess

I'd imagine they'll play a pretty Hybrid Theory-heavy set throughout the summer, perhaps rotating the lesser-played songs throughout the beginning of the tour so they don't forget anything from rehearsals, but still don't TECHNICALLY play the album in full anywhere but Download.

As for the album, I'm pretty confident it'll be done (and possibly out) by the time they go to Europe. I doubt they spend 6 to 7 weeks doing nothing but rehearsing, they usually only rehearse for a day or two when they're not playing new material, and a couple weeks when they are. This will probably be a more lengthy rehearsal like with Minutes to Midnight due to some new gear-related stuff they'll probably need to get acquainted with during rehearsals while simultaneously figuring out new material (this is why MTM rehearsals took so long - the guitar rigs for both Brad and Mike were completely rebuilt, in addition to having a new album's worth of songs to figure out), but I still doubt it'll take almost two full months to get everything down.