LP headlining Download Festival 2014 & playing HT in full

lerkid

The show will be broadcast online ?

no.

it's likely that clips or songs from the set will be played on TV specials (Sky Arts sometimes have Download Fest summary programs) but this will not be webcasted.

Download and a lot of other UK festivals simply do not do this.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no.

it's likely that clips or songs from the set will be played on TV specials (Sky Arts sometimes have Download Fest summary programs) but this will not be webcasted.

Download and a lot of other UK festivals simply do not do this.

in an interview with radio chester said it would be a very espicial recorded and online show. Rock was in the ring so also since 2001 there was a full on rock show ring in until this year. hopefully be online and complete this gift for fans worldwide!

I think they'll announce something at the last minute for a webcast or something. I couldn't imagine them letting Rock In Rio and Rock am Ring be shown but not Download.

Those festivals are regularly webcasted though right? I've never heard of any kind of stream service for Download

Those festivals are regularly webcasted though right? I've never heard of any kind of stream service for Download

this is why I'm sure there won't be anything streamed for LP at Download: it's not happened in the past for any other band (or any other LP performance there), so why would they do so now?

we all have a bias towards them here, and we'd all love to see HT in full webcasted I'm sure, but in reality, the organisers see them as just another headline act.

Webcasting costs so much money to pull off - camera equipment, sattelite links, server space, copyrighting, paperwork, etc. - and everyone watching it at home gets to do so for free, so a significant portion of ticket sales go towards funding others' non-contribution.. The UK's a small place, and there are lots of festivals competing for an audience, it would make poor business sense for the bigger (more expensive) festivals to webcast, particularly in these tough economic times, since it gives people a free option. I don't know why (some) European festivals are different but not webcasting forces people to be there and pay for their entertainment.

Yes that is the exact problem, it's not a matter of allowing, Download just doesn't live webcast stuff anymore. If LP would somehow pay for that I'm sure we would already know that by now. It's way more likely that we get something afterwards on the TV or radio than a live broadcast.