LP headlining Download Festival 2014 & playing HT in full

lerkid

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am surprised the setlist for this tour doesn't include Forgotten or By Myself...those will really be one-offs. Pushing Me Away too. Hope they nail them!

Great interview!

I don't think they will use only one setlist for the whole tour, in my opinion they need to play BM and Forgotten more than only at Download Festival.

I don't think they will use only one setlist for the whole tour, in my opinion they need to play BM and Forgotten more than only at Download Festival.

I am 99.9% sure they will use the Tucson setlist for the first eight shows in Europe. The festivals I bet won't get an encore and the headlining shows will get one.

No encore Tucson set:

Lisboa

Rock am Ring

Rock im Park

Greenfield

Encore Tucson set:

St. Petersburg

Moscow

Wroclaw

Milano

and Download gets its own setlist.

I am 99.9% sure they will use the Tucson setlist for the first eight shows in Europe. The festivals I bet won't get an encore and the headlining shows will get one.

No encore Tucson set:

Lisboa

Rock am Ring

Rock im Park

Greenfield

Encore Tucson set:

St. Petersburg

Moscow

Wroclaw

Milano

and Download gets its own setlist.

maybe at the headline show doesn't play song in shortened version

I have a few hypothesises:

1. EURO tour will have totally different setlist than Tucson

2. They want to liberate BM and Forgotten and PMA at Download festival, and add them to the setlist afterwards

3. They will do small changes (for example changing Runaway with By Myself) in the setlist when touring

I think they will keep the Tucson set for most of the European promo run, except for Download, I think that will have it's own unique set (obviously). Then LP will change the set up a bit for Carnivores, adding more tracks from THP and maybe some other stuff.

I am surprised the setlist for this tour doesn't include Forgotten or By Myself...those will really be one-offs. Pushing Me Away too. Hope they nail them!

Great interview!

I believe they can be played at carnivores tour, they can always be rotated if they play more tan one setlist in that tour, and I don't think they would rehearse so much a song just to play it once. Maybe Pushing me away will rotate with crawling, ballad medley or cog. meanwhile forgotten or by myself could have shortened versions rotated with with you, poa or runaway.

I don't see any reason why they wouldn't play some of the other 'rarer' HT songs throughout Europe prior to Download, they're contracted to "HT in full" to Download only, but they could definitely use it as an opportunity to "rehearse" live.

My prediction for the setlist:

01. The Catalyst/The Requiem
02. Guilty All the Same
03. Given Up (w/extended outro)
04. Wastelands
05. Blackout (Shortened instrumental)
06. Papercut
07. One Step Closer
08. With You
09. Points of Authority
10. Crawling
11. Runaway
12. By Myself
13. In the End
14. A Place for My Head
15. Forgotten
16. Cure for the Itch
17. Pushing Me Away
18. Burn it Down
19. Numb (w/Numb/Encore intro/outro/first verse guitar)
20. Faint (w/extended outro)
[Encore]
21. Until It's Gone (w/extended No More Sorrow/The Catalyst intro)
22. What I've Done (w/extended bridge solo)
23. Bleed it Out (w/extended intro, extended bridge w/drum solo and The Catalyst refrain, extended outro)

I know this may seem a little short, but with them playing the full versions of Papercut, With You, Crawling, and Runaway, this actually comes out to about the same length as their current setlist, if not slightly longer.