LP headlining Download Festival 2014 & playing HT in full

lerkid

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they played High Voltage, that'd be pretty cool. I really like the reprise, especially compared to the HTEP version.

I would love to see it live, but I'm only attending the Lisbon show :(

Do you think they will only play HT in full at Download?

I would love to see it live, but I'm only attending the Lisbon show :(

Do you think they will only play HT in full at Download?

Yes.

But you are attending Lisbon, which is arguably one of the best festivals in the world, especially for Linkin Park. The 2007, 2008 and 2012 shows there were AWESOME (from the webcasts/recordings I watched). The band always walks away saying "holy shit" at those crowds. The speech on Bleed It Out in 2008 is great. I always look forward to the Lisbon shows because the whole crowd sings the songs so loudly, they rock out, the band loves it, etc.

I hope LP visits Spain for you on this touring cycle so you can see them twice :)

You will get to see LP at the first show of the tour in Europe with a brand new setlist and with thousands of us watching across the world :D

So if they actually are going to play High Voltage (maybe), I think My December might be possible. Maybe not, because it's a softer song, but LP has done plenty of softer songs at Download before. It'd be cool to see them play the Japanese Edition of HT in full, AKA the album + High Voltage & My December.

Why does everyone think they'll play "My Decmeber" at a hard rock/metal festival in th middle of summer, on the tour for their most "aggressive" albums to date? :lol:

I think the best. We'll get it HT live + 10 more "hits" from the other 4 albums + GATS, UIG and maybe a couple more THP tracks?

Why does everyone think they'll play "My Decmeber" at a hard rock/metal festival in th middle of summer, on the tour for their most "aggressive" albums to date? :lol:

I think the best. We'll get it HT live + 10 more "hits" from the other 4 albums + GATS, UIG and maybe a couple more THP tracks?

Look at some of the songs that LP has played at Download in 2007, 2011. Seriously? I bet we will get some slow songs, they'd never have the balls to make a full heavy set, especially if they are going to be doing HT in full. I'm sure we will get shit like the Ballad Medley, Numb, What I've Done, etc. Slow songs.

I bet the ballad medley is gone for this year. If LP is smart they'll do other songs then HT because people will leave after HT.

Yep, I reckon LITE, SIB, Numb, WID, Given Up, WFTE etc will turn up early on the setlist, then Mike'll say like, 4 words before they do HT in full. if there's an encore, BID, Faint, BIO.

It'd be pretty cool if they just go straight into Papercut and play the whole album with no warning, after a few songs to open the show.

if HT's being done in order of tracklisting, it's going to be hard for them to bring the energy in the early bit of their set - most recent tours have needed Papercut and With You to give the early portion of the show a kick.

I originally thought they'd mix up all the old HT tracks within the set, but I'm not so sure now, will be interesting.

if HT's being done in order of tracklisting, it's going to be hard for them to bring the energy in the early bit of their set - most recent tours have needed Papercut and With You to give the early portion of the show a kick.I originally thought they'd mix up all the old HT tracks within the set, but I'm not so sure now, will be interesting.

They've got LOST IN THE ECHO, Given Up, Lying From You, Faint, LIES GREED MISERY, VICTIMIZED, and a whole slew of new, heavy songs from The Hunting Party to kick a show off with a bang. I think they can manage to start a show without Hybrid Theory.

I was always under the impression that when they said they'd play the album in full, that it would be cover to cover in order, not scattered throughout the set. Doing the latter would be quite a huge copout, IMO, because when you hear "playing an album in full" you usually think it's going to be all together, in order.

I believe it will be in order, yes. I doubt they mix it up.

Plenty of stuff to start the show. It's a bad idea to play it first and then do other songs since a lot of people will leave I bet. Or maybe they won't - who knows.

I'd do like:

Keys to the Kingdom

From the Inside

No More Sorrow

Lying From You

Guilty All The Same

-Hybrid Theory-

--------------------------------

Lost In The Echo

Faint

Fuck the slow stuff. Do not play: Numb, New Divide, Until It's Gone, anything off of A Thousand Suns (no hating on the record from me; just let this one show be heavy), anything off of Minutes to Midnight except No More Sorrow or Given Up, or anything off of Living Things except Lost in the Echo. Done.

No way they change the order of the album tracklist. Absolutely not. That's a terrible idea. They'll just play one or two typical set closers to keep the momentum going.

Or maybe they won't. Ending a set with the album version of PMA seems like it would be pretty cool, with the lights going off as the last little synth noise plays.

I don't think PMA is a good closer so I think they'll probably play the album either at the beginning of the show or in the middle of it, just like Mike suggested it. They might play like 5 songs, then have a break and play HT in full, and then close the show with 5 more songs. I think that even if they're going ''visceral'', they will still play a couple of slow songs. I don't think they'll drop BTH or Numb, and I wouldn't be surprised if they keep the ballad medley.

Keys to the Kingdom

do you think we'll get another Hunting Party tracks so soon before the album? i can see GATS and UIG in the set for these festivals like BID and LGM were for Living Things last year, other than any little rap segments as intro/outro parts on older songs (like Until It Breaks/WFTE) I can't see us getting to hear much more of The Hunting Party (until it leaks, until it lea-e-e-e-eaks)