LP headlining Download Festival 2014 & playing HT in full

lerkid

This is probably the best idea LP has ever had for a live show in about ever.

You dont know how long I stared at your avy for

Anyone up for a total nerdgasm? Just think of all the song stats we'll get to update..

yep.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all those travelling from abroad to this show, bring your wellington boots!!

I'm only going the one day and would love to meet up with some of you!

Yes travellers, Wellies are a must! UK and all..

I might attempt a weekend (fuck camping though). I tend to go to stuff on my own (I'm the only person i know who's willing to travel to stuff) but it would be cool to hang with some LPLers :P

I think I'd rather them play it in order but they can do some cool stuff. We'll see how it happens. I'd imagine they'd bring back DSPs for this.

I'd prefer it out of order, PMA's a weak ending in my opinion - if they're doing it uninterrupted i personally think they need to switch the order about

Yes travellers, Wellies are a must! UK and all..

I might attempt a weekend (fuck camping though). I tend to go to stuff on my own (I'm the only person i know who's willing to travel to stuff) but it would be cool to hang with some LPLers :P

yeah that begs for a LPL meetup. I consider to go but I'll wait to see if they'll play somewhere near me and if they play HT on the whole tour.

Would go for one day only anyway...

This one of the most exiting news I ever read. I really hope the show will be in Pro shot video and that it will be broadcasted live.

It has to be if it's going to be a 1 time thing, but here's hoping it isn't so others can experience that show. But I guess that's the whole idea so that everyone would travel to that show

Any female fans traveling to the UK or in need of hospitality can find it in my tent ;)

haha. *cough*

Hmm seriously though, this is great news. I am looking forward to meeting all you random LP fans, you guys are always more than amazing! :)

I´d love this setlist

1-Cure For The Itch

2-With You

3-Runaway

4-Papercut

5-Points Of Authority

6-High Voltage OR Step Up

7-By Myself

8-Pushing Me Away

9-And One

10-She Couldn't

11-Crawling

12-In The End

13-A Place For My Head

-----------Encore-----------

14-Technique

15-Carousel

16-Forgotten

17-One Step Closer

Or any different order I don't know

So the promoters came to LP and asked them to do play HT in it's entirety and they said yes. Interesting. Still awesome. Chester said they played it in full back in 2000-2002 when that was all the music they had. By Myself and Forgotten are really the only 2 that haven't been played recently. All the others have been played in recent years (2008-2013). He mentioned both Forgotten and By Myself haven't been played in a long time. They are bringing back Crawling. Pretty cool interview.

All I'm going to say to finish this off is, £10 says it'll never happen.

we'll see :P

however, having re-read this conversation, I feel like I must apologise for appearing agressive in my first response to you. that wasn't particularly fair of me.

It does suck that Scottish, (to a lesser extent) Welsh, and (to a massive extent) Irish/N. Irish fans miss out alot on "uk" tours, US bands often don't get that we are technically separate countries. let's see what 2014 has to offer though ;)

Day = made.

I am "The Day Maker"

Hmm that's interesting that the promoters brought it up to the band and the band agreed. It's good though because I'm surprised they didn't do it for the 10th anniversary tour even though that's when ATS came out. Chester also said at that time that he personally wanted to do ATS start-to-finish on that tour.

But with a new album coming out, it's a good time to do it. For every record, they always go out, play mostly singles (plus 1 or 2 others) and new songs on tour to start the new record touring cycle. For once they'll change it up, play Hybrid Theory in full and roll with that. Definitely 2-3 new songs will be in the setlist, so that only leaves 8-9 spots for other songs, which I assume will be all singles unfortunately lol.

Chester really brings up some cool stuff about the songs. Points does get a really great crowd reaction and that was my opinion on the Honda Civic Tour about the song. They wanted to give Crawling a break, that's understandable. lol he didn't say he hates Runaway but that's a known fact.

He did said they want to play Hybrid Theory beginning-to-end, meaning I doubt they'll mix it up. I bet they'll do the whole CD, like 8 more songs, and a 3~ song encore.

Now I'm sure all of the other promoters of festivals will approach LP to do this at their festivals too. And I'm sure that's hard to turn down haha...I'd guess they'll do it at the other festivals too. Definitely it started out as a one show type of thing but I bet they're about to announce it for other shows too. The songs are all rehearsed up at that point so why not?

we'll see :P

however, having re-read this conversation, I feel like I must apologise for appearing agressive in my first response to you. that wasn't particularly fair of me.

It does suck that Scottish, (to a lesser extent) Welsh, and (to a massive extent) Irish/N. Irish fans miss out alot on "uk" tours, US bands often don't get that we are technically separate countries. let's see what 2014 has to offer though ;)

Dude no worries man, I apologise as well but some of it is true. Well technically we're still one country as a whole (UK), just that each section of the same country is a sense a separate country in itself (Scotland, England etc). I get what you mean though and its all good.

Honestly, I'd rather that LP play Hybrid Theory in it's entirety only at Download Festival, unless they are planning on bringing that to a lot of places around the world. LA, NYC should definitely get to see that performance. Tons of Europe places should see that performance, especially Germany, seeing as how Germany has the biggest LP fanbase in the world. Tokyo should see it, etc.