LP headlining Download Festival 2014 & playing HT in full

lerkid

they can't just play the Hybrid Theory songs can they? probably a bunch of other song as well or am I completely wrong here?

More than likely the first couple of songs will be from other albums, then they'll be play HT in full, then break for the encore, then come back and close out the show with songs from other albums.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That comes out of nowhere. Great idea but why are they going to do this? I mean it's pretty random especially with a new album coming out (next year?). Wouldn't surprise me if the promoters approached them with the idea because I think that will sell them a shitload of tickets.

That comes out of nowhere. Great idea but why are they going to do this? I mean it's pretty random especially with a new album coming out (next year?). Wouldn't surprise me if the promoters approached them with the idea because I think that will sell them a shitload of tickets.

It's in June, and we should be expecting the 6th album to be out by then (depending which side of the argument you are in the other forums), so I'd say it will be part fanservice (HT entirety) and testing the water with a new set, because they will have new singles or the entire album out by then. I'm sure even then it will only be a sample set, doubting HT will be played fully for many other shows, but the 2014/2015 tour should have an expanded version of that set, minus the HT revived songs. But who knows, maybe they'll get such a great response from some that they may decide to keep some old songs. All we know for now is the show in January and June will hold something new for everyone!

Wow! LP is so random i thought they were going to do this for the 10th anniversary but who cares hahahaha

Q: Download gets streamed in full? or we will just get some videos?

btw i think they should start the show with other NON HT songs and then finish it with HT

I only would move ONE STEP CLOSER to the end, PMA is not a song to finish a set, but it might work if they start the show with HT

AWESOME! btw it's funny that Soul gets really excited

Download usually streams a few shows, I think it's more likely we'll get a few songs on TV. That's something that nobody knows right now and we won't know until shortly before or after the show.

I'm not sure what's better the original HT song order or the old live order that worked very well.

If LP were to only play the 12 HT songs and that was it, I'd say it would be awesome to play the album in order. But since they are going to incorporate other songs in the set, they should re-arrange them or whatever. Still play all the HT songs in order, just not in the tracklisting order.

Oh no... not again xD

So let's assume for a moment, they want to keep this a special night and do the full HT only at the Download Festival. Since they've been thinking about this for a while I'm almost sure they turn this into a release. They love to release big shows and Download is not doubt one of them.

On a more serious note, I think this was a pretty shrewd business idea. If Linkin Park were to have played again in a "normal" capacity I think there'd be a lot more complaints, but the Hybrid Theory in full angle is making a lot of people very excited and will probably sell tickets very well.

1:APFMH (Long intro.outro)

2,3:Cure for the itch/Don't stay

4:By myself

5:Forgotten

6:Points of authority

7:Crawling(krwlng msg 2008)

8:PMA (Summer sonic '06)

9:Runaway

10:With you

11;In the end

12:Papercut

13:One step closer(Reanimation one,R&R '04)

Holy shit this might be the best thing Linkin Park has ever done.

What the actual fuck. I didn't think they could outdo themselves from touring with Incubus (a dream come true). THIS....is insane. WOW.

Gotta get to Europe. The comments make it sound like they are doing it for one show only, but no way they rehearse for weeks to do it just once. Surely more festivals will get it. Let's jam people regardless.

Come stay with me bro. I live round the corner from the festival. I'll come with ya.

Also if anyone is going alone, like myself, just for the day, and for example could get hold of two tickets do it cause I know they will sell like hot cakes and I never have luck buying tickets!

Edited by AudioNick

Come stay with me bro. I live round the corner from the festival. I'll come with ya.

Also if anyone is going alone, like myself, just for the day, and for example could get hold of two tickets do it cause I know they will sell like hot cakes and I never have luck buying tickets!

can I stay too ?:P