LP headlining Download Festival 2014 & playing HT in full

lerkid

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is, its 3 days festival from friday to sunday.

Donington Park

Derby, GB

Fri 13/06/14 - Sun 15/06/14

Oops sorry, you are right. I somehow had Sunday in mind.

Rock im Park/Rock am Ring go on sale soon, LP might play those too, it's the weekend before Download.

And Crawling! I miss it....said no one ever xD

If this was a one time only thing they'd said so, I'm sure they'll clarify this in time and it will also be part of almost every press release for the other shows.

I still find it a bit weird to do something like that when they release a new album. This leaves almost no space for new songs.

They need to play CFTI in some way, otherwise i feel cheated on lol.

Ok, so the standard way to do this is to play in album order. But looking at the track order, I don't think it necessarily translates well to a live environment.

• Papercut
  • One Step Closer
  • With You
  • Points of Authority
  • Crawling
  • Runaway
  • By Myself
  • In the End
  • A Place for My Head
  • Forgotten
  • Cure for the Itch
  • Pushing Me Away
I'm just wondering whether they'll change up the track order to make it feel more like a mini-set. There's plenty of ways you could arrange this, but for example:

• Papercut
  • Forgotten
  • With You
  • Runaway
  • Points of Authority
  • By Myself
  • Crawling
  • Cure for the Itch
  • Pushing Me Away
  • In the End
  • A Place for My Head
  • One Step Closer

I'm going to wait and see if I can get hold of a day ticket when they go online - it gives me time to sort travel/earn money/organise APFMH overnight (ba-dum TSH!)

I'd feel bad missing out on LP @ download for the 2nd time running and HT in full is just too fucking special to pass up if it's like, a train journey away. I may rethink my plans if they do HT in full on separate tour dates, but I figure that's unlikely, we'll see I guess.

With You, POA, By Myself & APFMH are some of my favourite LP songs and, well, that'd be just... ace.

Anyone up for a total nerdgasm? Just think of all the song stats we'll get to update..

No idea how it works with Download but maybe they sell day tickets later on? It's like that for Rock am Ring/Rock im Park for example.

ye u right, single ticket will cost around 70-80 pounds (found on google image from last years) and probably they will sell it around march/april, but no idea how many tickets in stock. Weekend ticket cost 160. I sent email to Live Nation and ask them when single ticket will be available to make sure. Let u know when i got reply.

Ok, so the standard way to do this is to play in album order. But looking at the track order, I don't think it necessarily translates well to a live environment.

• Papercut
  • One Step Closer
  • With You
  • Points of Authority
  • Crawling
  • Runaway
  • By Myself
  • In the End
  • A Place for My Head
  • Forgotten
  • Cure for the Itch
  • Pushing Me Away
I'm just wondering whether they'll change up the track order to make it feel more like a mini-set. There's plenty of ways you could arrange this, but for example:

• Papercut
  • Forgotten
  • With You
  • Runaway
  • Points of Authority
  • By Myself
  • Crawling
  • Cure for the Itch
  • Pushing Me Away
  • In the End
  • A Place for My Head
  • One Step Closer

what if... first part of the show will be HT and second part of the show will be Living Things :) First and last record :) That would be amazing :)

Edited by Bajtak

I'm not convinced you'll get HT in full in an arena show (given Chester's comments above) but you never know.

Forgotten live in 2014 :D

Who would've thought it'd be possible after Chester and Phoenix's comments on the song :D

How, What, When, Where, Why?

UK wanted LP, there you fucking go.

Sucks that their doing it at Download, in England, of all places as well. I've lost faith in LP playing in Scotland again, ever, chances of it happening is slim to none, no fucking joking.

Edited by LPKode2

ye u right, single ticket will cost around 70-80 pounds (found on google image from last years) and probably they will sell it around march/april, but no idea how many tickets in stock. Weekend ticket cost 160. I sent email to Live Nation and ask them when single ticket will be available to make sure. Let u know when i got reply.

Just like for every big festival you have to act fast when they sell those.

Sucks that their doing it at Download, in England, of all places as well. I've lost faith in LP playing in Scotland again, ever, chances of it happening is slim to none, no fucking joking.

Their chances now of playing Scotland are better than ever because of how many new places they are visiting and how many old places they are revisiting.

let's see ANYONE hear complain about this announcement... go ahead... I DARE YOU

Dude, you live closer to Donington than a good 7/8ths of this forum.

A train to Nottingham from Edinburgh is 5 hours and ~£50 (if you don't have a railcard), I know this because I am doing that exact journey this month, purely to see just two bands at an indoor show. Once you're in Nottingham you can then get a bus (leaving the nearby bus station every 30m) that goes direct to the festival gates, I know this because I did this journey last year. Also, we have no idea if this is a one off date yet, there may not be many big venues in Scotland but don't you think that Glasgow's new multimillion Hydro venue is somewhere the band would want to play?

There are thousands of people who are literally continents away from Download, and other potential dates, who would gladly be in your shoes following this announcement - spare a thought for them while you moan about a festival not being in Gretna Green...

Yeah didn't Glasgow open that new venue recently? Didn't Alter Bridge play there? I would think LP would be doing a show there sometime.

Yes, the SSE Hydro -

13,000 seats and the outside is laid with "pneumatic translucent cushions, made possible by using a special film originally developed for the space industry. This will allow natural light to illuminate the foyers during the day and the arena to ‘glow’ at night" (Wiki).

Mike and Joe would be all over that - material tech. (remember the recharged ferrofluid globe?) And "green" lighting systems - that's LP and MFR summed up in a building..