New Linkin Park Remix Album: "RECHARGED"

Stranger

The fact that Chris Perez got busted for marijuana possession in middle of the MLB season doesn't make him a terrible pitcher. That doesn't stop people from inexplicably saying as much about them, but that doesn't mean they're right.

So yes, if Linkin Park acted like me, they'd probably lose some fans, but those fans would be the ones in the wrong. The fans are USUALLY the ones in the wrong.

You dont know how right you are with that Chris Perez fact, even now if the Indians make the playoffs because he is the closer & its his job to save the game.

Back to LP, Why argue over anything when we should be happy as fuck knowing that were getting not only new music, BUT A NEW ALBUM ! And another Album sometime this summer !

EDIT: No In My Remains ? o.o

Edited by XeroSkies

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love it!!!

I'm very excited, I haven't heard the remixes that were available last year as I'm not that interested by them (not at the right computer to download them to my itunes mostly).

However, having said that, a whole album of them does excite me, something new I can put in my car is great!!! And I trust Mike to give me good shit.

A lot of fans don't have the access to the Linkin Park world we have so this is a way of getting the remixes to them too.

Happy Saturday people!

Love it!!!

I'm very excited, I haven't heard the remixes that were available last year as I'm not that interested by them (not at the right computer to download them to my itunes mostly).

However, having said that, a whole album of them does excite me, something new I can put in my car is great!!! And I trust Mike to give me good shit.

A lot of fans don't have the access to the Linkin Park world we have so this is a way of getting the remixes to them too.

Happy Saturday people!

Agree what you said dude. Not all fans have the access like we do. when i posted this news yesterday on my fb, everyone asking bout this. lol

According to YOU, that's their job. Thankfully, that's not up to people like you or me to decide. You're getting new music. Shut the FUCK up. I think I've said this before, but Linkin Park fans are lucky the band members aren't like me, because you'd NEVER get new music if they were. You don't fucking deserve it.

Also, by that logic, it would've been better for them to release the same CD with the 10 unreleased tracks on it. Apparently having CD quality versions of stuff that was previously available in mp3 means nothing to people anymore...

+1. Seriously. Couldn't have said it better myself. I almost feel like I shouldn't be coming on LP forums anymore to talk about LP because of the fans.

I expected it to be all old remixes, so I was surprised it was that much new stuff. It's nice to have an album with a couple more tracks than usual for once.

The BID remix you get for preordering over LP.com would be a reason for me NOT to preorder. That track is seriously the worst remix of all time.

Looks like we do in fact have almost 50% of the material off this CD already. 7 out of 15. Kinda lame even if it makes sense.

Also from what I've heard these remixes sound so generic it's not even funny. Not at all the quality of the Reanimation remixes but I can't say I'm too surprised. I find those remixes to be songs in themselves, to the point where I don't even consider them remixes of other songs but just songs in their own right. These are so obviously bland with the dance beat and synths all over the place along with the predictable build up into a drop shit that you hear every day now.

I wouldn't mind this all so much if the tracks were better.

Edited by CookieMonster

Looks like we do in fact have almost 50% of the material off this CD already. 7 out of 15. Kinda lame even if it makes sense.

Also from what I've heard these remixes sound so generic it's not even funny. Not at all the quality of the Reanimation remixes but I can't say I'm too surprised. I find those remixes to be songs in themselves, to the point where I don't even consider them remixes of other songs but just songs in their own right. These are so obviously bland with the dance beat and synths all over the place along with the predictable build up into a drop shit that you hear every day now.

I wouldn't mind this all so much if the tracks were better.

Totally agree with you, especially with your opinion about Reanimation.

I was excited for Recharged when it was announced but as soon as Mike released the track listing, my excitement disappeared. I was hoping for another Reanimation but I should've known we'll never see the likes of it again

I hate this dance techno shit. I don't even know what EDM stands for. I didn't buy the LT remixes because I had zero interest. Personally I feel justified in not buying them because they just aren't good. Now, some of them are included on Recharged along with some new stuff. I won't be buying it and it's unlikely I will even bother to get it by "other means".

IMO LP have become lazy to an extent in recent. Ok, maybe not lazy but definitely less passionate. I know they work a lot and are involved in a lot of different projects but maybe that's to the detriment of the band. Think about it. Even myself, working in the same job for 10 years, I get tired of it and don't care so much any more. Why should LP be any different?

The shorter touring cycles, less interaction/talking to fans at live shows, the meet n greets are more meet than greet, Joe's videos are pretty weak over the last two albums.Even LT itself. It was a plain ol jewel CD case with a crappy booklet containing no lyrics. Compare it to the Meteora CD for example. Another thing is that people who bought the LT remixes didn't get all the remixes they were promised.

Now the give us a new game because I think the band thinks it cool. They're not passionate about it. They just think its cool. It'll fall by the wayside just like 8-Bit.I don't know if these problems are management, staff, band related or all of the above.

Just while I'm on a rant, I'd like to give my two cents on the poor setlists. By poor, I mean the same.They need to start including all songs, whether they're popular (singles) or not. I'm including LPU tracks & other songs such as Blackbirds and No Roads Left.Don't make songs if you're not willing to play them live or can't play them live (Robot Boy). Brads verse on UIB is great but the band knew damn well this would never be performed live because Brad would not be comfortable singing it. Also, certain songs don't get played live because certain band members don't like them. After all the making of's we've seen & the band meetings and tough reviews / voting system of songs, we're lead to believe that what makes it onto an album is the best of what the guys created at that time and they were all happy with each song on the album. Yet, stuff doesn't get played live because one or more of the guys doesn't like it. Explain that one to me!

These are my own opinions of course and won't change anything. So calm down, I'm talking specifically to a certain member here

All the things in your post opinion-able except these two:

They need to start including all songs, whether they're popular (singles) or not. I'm including LPU tracks & other songs such as Blackbirds and No Roads Left.

Why? Everything that found itself to be on LPU CD it's because (most of the time) it didn't was "good enough" to be on the studio album, so why they need to play those live?

Don't make songs if you're not willing to play them live or can't play them live (Robot Boy).

Why? If they'll make their masterpiece song, but it'll too complicated to play it live, you think it's not should be on the album?

All the things in your post opinion-able except these two:

Why? Everything that found itself to be on LPU CD it's because (most of the time) it didn't was "good enough" to be on the studio album, so why they need to play those live?

Why? If they'll make their masterpiece song, but it'll too complicated to play it live, you think it's not should be on the album?

Across The Line is a great LPU song and it should be played live. It's better than In Between, Powerless and a lot of other songs yet it was deemed not good enough to make the album. It deserves be played live just like Qwerty (another LPU song)

As for their masterpiece song, if it can't be played live then it's not a masterpiece IMOMike says Robot Boy is too complicated to play live. That's bull. They can do a stripped down version if need be or play a backing track for some of the elements.

I love The Catalyst but if the vocoder or whatever it's called breaks, the song gets scrapped from the live show. I don't get it. I'd rather them sing it without the voice effects than sound like they're singing under water (iTunes show)