New Linkin Park Remix Album: "RECHARGED"

Stranger

I love The Catalyst but if the vocoder or whatever it's called breaks, the song gets scrapped from the live show. I don't get it. I'd rather them sing it without the voice effects than sound like they're singing under water (iTunes show)

That's not true. They'd play it even without the vocoder. IS THERE even a vocoder in that song? In 2010 ,I believe, Mike sang The Radiance even when his vocoder wasn't working.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Across The Line is a great LPU song and it should be played live. It's better than In Between, Powerless and a lot of other songs yet it was deemed not good enough to make the album. It deserves be played live just like Qwerty (another LPU song)

As for their masterpiece song, if it can't be played live then it's not a masterpiece IMOMike says Robot Boy is too complicated to play live. That's bull. They can do a stripped down version if need be or play a backing track for some of the elements.

ATL is already a b-side since the Mastered for iTunes release imo, and QWERTY is a b-side. B-sides has more "chances". A lot of LPU CDs contains demos and unfinished demos. The band released under the name "Underground" because they are not in the main albums, most of them should stay underground.

With all the respect to your opinion, you didn't say why they "must" to play all the studio albums songs or the LPU songs that you (or even a lot of people) think they are great live.

---

As must as I want to get another Reanimation instead of this remixes collection, it's not bothered me that much. If people like it they can listen to it, don't like it they can listen to another thing. This is just a remix album that no one expected to come.. It's not that people waited 7 months to this announcement, and now it's "What? that's all?". It's a day or something since people knew about the album to when they knew about the tracklist. Not enough time to be disappointed.

Btw, there's another bonus track in the iTunes release?

I know right, what the heck. But! Tech N9ne is releasing another EP in October and he mentioned their is some rock artists on that because he wanted to do a rock ep album.

Interenting news, I found more info here. LP already released remixes in other artists albums, so this is possible and it's maybe even the reason why it's not on Recharged.

It was unexpected when the news came that Linkin Park would release this album. They usually come with an announcement with the announcement that they're going to announce something. This, however, was out of the blue. I like the cover art and was curious for the tracklist. I thought immediately of Reanimation but, being realistic, the chance of something similar wasn't that big. The band could always suprise us though. But the tracklist was dissapointing. Some of the songs we already have and I found them standard EDM. With Living Things, I also wondered why LP was doing this with the remixes because they had never done something like that, letting their songs be remixed by EDM-dj's. And now they do, how commercial of them. Still, I'm looking forward to the new songs, expecially those from the LP camp. A Light that Never Comes is not a bad song either, if you're past the stage of disliking the effects. I listen to some EDM and this fits in my interests. I like that the band wants to experiment and I'm glad they do it in this way and not with a studio album. So, for experimental sake, they're allowed to do this megacommercial thing with one cheezy sentence in the lyrics, repetitivity, a drop etc. But because it is this commercial, I want it to be succesful so release that shit on big scale! It's cool though that LP is also heard musically in the song in the bridge (with the piano and guitar) and the outro.

Guys, stop bitching each other. :lol:

Remember that the 57.000.000 Linkin Park fans on FB are not like you guys, they are regular fans with less knowledge about the Linkin Park career. We are (most of us) LP Collectors, we have almost everything digitally and phisically.

For the regular LP Fans, and that means the 95% of the whole fan base in the world this is a great release, with 15 new songs, and an amazing pack, and amazing cover and amazing songs.

That's why they (LP) released this Recharged album. For them.

To me is ok, i heard some songs before and some are ok, but there is no way to compare this "fast and furious" album with Reanimation. Reanimation is a great piece of art, Recharged just a remix compilation.

I find it interesting that they have not announced a time and they have gifted the LP Recharge community so many inconsistent amount of kwh. I believe that the big unlocking of the single will coincide with the pre-order hitting the web.

Supposedly iTunes pre-orders will start when ALTNC is unlocked. I would think with the pre-orders on the LP site starting today that they don't expect it to be TOO far off. I hope not anyway, because the digital pre-order is what I'm waiting on!

Told you guys it would be a ridiculous price. Fine art ain't cheap.

Also, lp.com says $500 USD. Good fucking luck with that.

maik_gianino brought up a good point at the top of the page that some of us (and yes, that includes me) should think about - the casual fan, the ones that aren't trying to scrape together the money to buy that stupid deluxe edition, the ones who haven't heard 7 of the 15 tracks on the remix album. They're the ones that are excited about this. We don't have to be, and quite frankly, I'm pretty sure the band doesn't care that much if the jaded mega-fan buys this album or not.

Granted, the vast majority of that legion of casual fans will either pirate the album or stream it on Spotify, neither of which translate into album sales. But that's alright, I suppose. Remix albums never do well after the first week.

Edited by Final Destiny