New Linkin Park Remix Album: "RECHARGED"

Stranger

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Downloading now. Are the previously released remixes the same?

The intros/outros of some tracks are a little different because of the CD sequencing - the fade-out at the end of Castle of Glass crossfades with the intro to Lost in the Echo, for example.

Mike's remix on CoG sounds great. I like how he manipulated vocals on 4:09. Drums on Victimized remix reminds me with old-school deadmau5 (Project 56 era). Rick Rubin's reboot on ALTNC sounds so organic!

Overall it's a good album for me. The only bad thing is there are already-released tracks

Listening now. Decent remix album. My favorite tracks are probably the ALTNC (Rick Rubin Reboot), Skin To Bone and I'll Be Gone remixes. We've heard a lot of these remixes already so that part is kind of lame, but it's cool to have them all in one proper remix album. Victimized (M. Shinoda Remix) is crazy, it makes me feel like I'm on some kind of insane drug while listening to it. Lol.

I love how some people are either too lazy to spend the 30 seconds it would take to find something like this and just expect everything to fall into their laps, or apparently don't know where to look. This isn't hidden in some dark corner of the Internet guys, it's literally in the first place 90% of people look for album leaks...

Also, LMFAO @ the intros to Powerless and the Tom Swoon remix of Burn it Down being almost EXACTLY the same. Play the first 5 seconds of one track, then switch to the other. HILARIOUS. And people wonder why EDM gets criticized for every song sounding the same?

Edited by Astat

The end of Ryu's verse on Skin to Bone straight-up acknowledges the possibility of a Fort Minor reunion. Cool. Mike's verse on that track is SICK too.

I definitely agree. I really like the STB remix a lot. I thought all of these remixes would be lame like the ones we got last year, but they're good. I definitely think that a FM album is possible now.

Okay, my honest opinion of this is that the album gets off to a great start with the first 6 tracks, but from Roads Untraveled through the first Until it Breaks remix, it's a train wreck. Skin to Bone, the second Until it Breaks remix, and the ALTNC reboot are all good (don't really care for the second I'll Be Gone remix). Great beginning, solid end, terrible middle.

that's been out for a while, had you not heard it before?

Nope! LP-related remixes for me have tended to suck except the LOATR Mike remix and the Wretches Havoc remix so I have tended to just stop listening to them in the past few years. I am quite impressed with the LITE one and I actually like it more than the studio version as I haven't been a fan of the studio song much at all.

Nope! LP-related remixes for me have tended to suck except the LOATR Mike remix and the Wretches Havoc remix so I have tended to just stop listening to them in the past few years. I am quite impressed with the LITE one and I actually like it more than the studio version as I haven't been a fan of the studio song much at all.

haha fair enough, I only heard that one since Numbrocker had tweeted about last year

at least I think it was last year...

how many of these tracks have been already released/heard before recharged was released/leaked? from memory, we had -

1 A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES (Linkin Park x Steve Aoki)

3 LOST IN THE ECHO (KillSonik Remix)

7 ROADS UNTRAVELED (Rad Omen Remix feat. Bun B [EDIT: I see why we didn't close brackets there]

9 BURN IT DOWN (Tom Swoon Remix)

10 UNTIL IT BREAKS (Datsik Remix)

15 BURN IT DOWN (Paul Van Dyk Remix) *

but there could be more, I'm guessing we had both BID's -_-

Skipees!? we need you!

Wasn't POWERLESS already out?

Yeah.

We had:

A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES

LOST IN THE ECHO (Killsonik)

LIES GREED MISERY (Dirtyphonics)

ROADS UNTRAVELED (Rad Omen)

POWERLESS (Enferno)

BURN IT DOWN (Swoon)

UNTIL IT BREAKS (Datsik)

UNTIL IT BREAKS (Money Mark, slightly different)

BURN IT DOWN (Van Dyk)*

EDIT: Skipees, you're still a ninja.

Edited by CASTLE OF GLASS