New Linkin Park Remix Album: "RECHARGED"

Stranger

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew they'd pull that previously released remix shit. Whatever.

I'll still get it. Cover art looks sick, though.

There are tons of remixes on here that haven't been released yet. It also means a lot to me to have a physical CD with these remixes, as well as a physical CD with ALTNC on it. Some people like stuff like that. People can't really complain if they just get the standard CD version; it will cost as much a regular CD. Not that much money at all.

There are tons of remixes on here that haven't been released yet. It also means a lot to me to have a physical CD with these remixes, as well as a physical CD with ALTNC on it. Some people like stuff like that. People can't really complain if they just get the standard CD version; it will cost as much a regular CD. Not that much money at all.

A remix album shouldn't be 50% a compilation of shit we got for free last year. That's a waste of CD space. That's what I'm annoyed with; paying again for remixes I already have.

But whatever, I'm going to buy it anyway, so I'll bitch if I want.

This tracklist is fantastic. I assume the COG Remix is the one from the "You're A Legend" LPTV episode which is awesome. Mike's remixes never fail to be fantastic. To have two on the one album is exciting. It's double as exciting with it being VICTIMIZED.

A Rick Rubin Remix (Reboot) is bound to be amazing too.

There's not a remix on here that I'm not excited for.

A remix album shouldn't be 50% a compilation of shit we got for free last year. That's a waste of CD space. That's what I'm annoyed with; paying again for remixes I already have.

But whatever, I'm going to buy it anyway, so I'll bitch if I want.

"50%" = 4, possibly 5 out of 15 tracks? Yeah, okay. :rolleyes:

This reminds me of when people bitched about the LPU 4.0 tracklisting being "terrible" because one out of six tracks was a live recording we'd already heard. It never ceases to amaze me how unrealistic people's expectations of this band are.

Edited by Astat

Because it probably won't be Reanimation 2.0 like people hoped, which I just think is ridiculous.

doesn't need to be a reanimation 2.0. It's lazy and not very creative to just re-release tracks people can already get. It should be a cd filled with unheard remixes, completely. Is that asking to much? Nope, this is their job. lol

doesn't need to be a reanimation 2.0. It's lazy and not very creative to just re-release tracks people can already get. It should be a cd filled with unheard remixes, completely. Is that asking to much? Nope, this is their job. lol

I'm getting mixed messages here...

According to YOU, that's their job. Thankfully, that's not up to people like you or me to decide. You're getting new music. Shut the FUCK up. I think I've said this before, but Linkin Park fans are lucky the band members aren't like me, because you'd NEVER get new music if they were. You don't fucking deserve it.

Also, by that logic, it would've been better for them to release the same CD with the 10 unreleased tracks on it. Apparently having CD quality versions of stuff that was previously available in mp3 means nothing to people anymore...

According to YOU, that's their job. Thankfully, that's not up to people like you or me to decide. You're getting new music. Shut the FUCK up. I think I've said this before, but Linkin Park fans are lucky the band members aren't like me, because you'd NEVER get new music if they were. You don't fucking deserve it.

I love you right now.

After taking this in and being to think about it for a few hours, my opinion is that this is a good idea and cool for the fans. I think getting the COG remix we've been begging for since March (almost 9 months ago) is great and we also have quite a few other songs on there. In particular, the VICTIMIZED remix by Mike and the SKIN TO BONE remix featuring Ryu (who is a great rapper) sound solid. What I don't like is that most of the fanbase that ordered from LP.com to get the remix subscription will also be the ones buying this release, but I DO understand where the band is coming from.

For example, with the LT remix subscription we got 3 BID remixes + a fan BID remix so 4 total. We also had 2 UNTIL IT BREAK remixes. With this release, the band is obviously picking the best remixes from all of the available remixes they have and they're releasing them. I'd probably do the exact same thing. And we can be grateful this release is so many songs versus just 6 for an EP or something. Like it or not, they're definitely giving back to the fans here with a cool release.

This should more than make up for the nonsense that happened at the end of the LT remix subscription period: http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=9812 We were missing one remix total plus two LOST IN THE ECHO contest winner remixes....3 total but this release definitely makes up for it.

Bring it on. I'm buying it :)

Also, by that logic, it would've been better for them to release the same CD with the 10 unreleased tracks on it. Apparently having CD quality versions of stuff that was previously available in mp3 means nothing to people anymore...

Maybe you should take your own advice and shut the fuck up.

Linkin park is lucky to have any success, let alone fans. Please tell me what is Linkin Park's job? I'm curious. Are they not musicians? Do they not make a living from making sounds that sound pleasant to the ear? Keeping the fans happy so they continue to like the band? Part of any job is quality, efficiency etc bullshit I shouldn't need to expand upon. You're right, if LP were like you, they wouldn't have millions of fans cause they wouldn't know how to talk to people who have dissenting opinions about certain things without being arrogant.

Yes, by that logic it would've been better, or better yet, do refreshing remixes to the songs that have already been remixed and leave releasing those songs previously in mp3 in a LPU cd that they are so good at doing. No one said LP had to make a remix album, but if you are going to do something, commit to it 100%. Or they could be bonus tracks on the remix album.

Yeah, i'm bitching, i'm having a crappy day. I apologize in advance for such an aggressive tone towards you.

The voice of reason.

We used to disagree, but now we are on the same page.

Edited by FaiNt

My opinion, they re-release the song from LIVING THINGS Subscription because i'm sure not everyone buy the subscrption things (even me), so for fans that never listened or have those mp3/song from that subscription will be happy to have those remixes in 1 album. just think that way. maybe we're not happy but the others will. :)

Edited by Stranger

Maybe you should take your own advice and shut the fuck up.

Linkin park is lucky to have any success, let alone fans. Please tell me what is Linkin Park's job? I'm curious. Are they not musicians? Do they not make a living from making sounds that sound pleasant to the ear? Keeping the fans happy so they continue to like the band? Part of any job is quality, efficiency etc bullshit I shouldn't need to expand upon. You're right, if LP were like you, they wouldn't have millions of fans cause they wouldn't know how to talk to people who have dissenting opinions about certain things without being arrogant.

Yes, by that logic it would've been better, or better yet, do refreshing remixes to the songs that have already been remixed and leave releasing those songs previously in mp3 in a LPU cd that they are so good at doing. No one said LP had to make a remix album, but if you are going to do something, commit to it 100%. Or they could be bonus tracks on the remix album.

Yeah, i'm bitching, i'm having a crappy day. I apologize in advance for such an aggressive tone towards you.

We used to disagree, but now we are on the same page.

So releasing a CD that contains 10-11 previously unreleased tracks and 4-5 previously released ones somehow equates to "not doing their job," "not making sounds that are pleasant to the ear," "not being efficient/not doing a quality job?" I wasn't aware that the presence of 4 tracks you've already heard negates the quality of the other 11 tracks you haven't. With that kind of logic, you're literally saying that A.06 and Dedicated are automatically crappy songs because they were released on a CD that had My December on it, which had already been released.

I'm not one for political correctness, particularly coming from musicians. I'm not a Mike Shinoda fan because he can carry on a diplomatic coneversation with people who disagree with him, I'm a fan because the guy makes good music. For christ's sake, I still listen to Lostprophets knowing that their lead singer is probably going to rot in prison for a long time for raping infant children. The fact that Ian Watkins is a sick fuck doesn't make his music shitty. The people who are all "OMG I'm throwing away all my Lostprophets CDs" are just as much in the wrong as Ian is for being a pedophile - they're both idiots. I think the biggest flaw with the ENTIRE HUMAN RACE is people's inability to separate people's work from the people themselves. The fact that Vince Neil killed the drummer from Hanoi Rocks and got off with zero jail time for it doesn't make him a terrible singer. The fact that Orson Scott Card is an outspoken homophobic jackass doesn't make him a terrible author. The fact that Chris Perez got busted for marijuana possession in middle of the MLB season doesn't make him a terrible pitcher. That doesn't stop people from inexplicably saying as much about them, but that doesn't mean they're right.

So yes, if Linkin Park acted like me, they'd probably lose some fans, but those fans would be the ones in the wrong. The fans are USUALLY the ones in the wrong.

Edited by Astat