New Linkin Park Remix Album: "RECHARGED"

Stranger

The only weird thing in this release that there's no In My Remains remix. They couldn't find remix for it, but they put 2 UIB, 2 IBG and 2 BID remixes.

Other than that it's a nice CD, it's not gonna sell more than Reanimation or Collision Course.

Maybe they will release IMR as iTunes bonus track though..

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only weird thing in this release that there's no In My Remains remix. They couldn't find remix for it, but they put 2 UIB, 2 IBG and 2 BID remixes.

Other than that it's a nice CD, it's not gonna sell more than Reanimation or Collision Course.

Maybe they will release IMR as iTunes bonus track though..

yeah it's a bit odd that one song will not have any remix

I bit the bullet and ordered the deluxe box set and two copies of the vinyl (I'll pick up the CD via local release).

Pricey yes, but I've spent far more following this band around the country and I'd be kicking myself if I missed out. If the price drops, I'll likely grab a second so I can keep one sealed and open the other.

I've seen deluxe editions of albums go for significantly more than this. Thirty Seconds To Mars' Love, Lust, Faith + Dreams had a $1000 version available - it included a personal thank you call from the band (and so it should at that price!).

I bit the bullet and ordered the deluxe box set and two copies of the vinyl (I'll pick up the CD via local release).

Pricey yes, but I've spent far more following this band around the country and I'd be kicking myself if I missed out. If the price drops, I'll likely grab a second so I can keep one sealed and open the other.

I've seen deluxe editions of albums go for significantly more than this. Thirty Seconds To Mars' Love, Lust, Faith + Dreams had a $1000 version available - it included a personal thank you call from the band (and so it should at that price!).

Wow a personal note is pretty badass.

Yeah Anthony Green is doing a PreOrder of his new cd and for $1000 you get a one hour private skype show, handwritten lyric sheet, deluxe cd, handpainted vinyl, tshirt, and digital download.

Stuff like that makes you want some extra cash on hand lol. But bless you collectors who are biting the bullet on this ReCharged one.

Did anyone preorder just the cd? I spent mine on STP's EP and I'm waiting to see if this is worth it since I already have half the cd on my computer.

Yeah Anthony Green is doing a PreOrder of his new cd and for $1000 you get a one hour private skype show, handwritten lyric sheet, deluxe cd, handpainted vinyl, tshirt, and digital download.

Stuff like that makes you want some extra cash on hand lol. But bless you collectors who are biting the bullet on this ReCharged one.

Did anyone preorder just the cd? I spent mine on STP's EP and I'm waiting to see if this is worth it since I already have half the cd on my computer.

I only pre-ordered the CD. I don't collect vinyl's and the deluxe edition set was too much money for me. I'm going to buy the STP EP on the Japanese website so I can get the making of DVD, and I'll probably buy a few copies of the EP in the US store as well.

I pre-ordered the CD and Vinyl and just why i am a LP Collector not because of the music.

One of my friends bought the "fuckin crazy" Recharged pack, and 2 of his friends bought the pack too, so we are talking about "success"!

My question is: (and maybe would be great to start a new thread about this)

Living Things is/was the worst album circle in terms of digital and physical items?

I don't know, you could argue that it was the best in terms of extravagance and value of items - if that globe sells out, the price on eBay will probably skyrocket, especially because it's so limited. That's why the MTM and ATS boxes aren't worth shit - they weren't limited or numbered.

It's certainly the worst for collectors in terms of the amount of money one has to shell out. I suppose the initial LT preorder was disappointing because the deluxe box wasn't available. At least now we know why it wasn't; they were saving it for this year.

I suppose the initial LT preorder was disappointing because the deluxe box wasn't available. At least now we know why it wasn't; they were saving it for this year.

I'm not sure about that. Living Things Instrumentals & Acapellas released in September 2012, so how did they knew they'll get good remixes for this release? And Steve Aoki collaboration is a new thing as well. Unless they thought about someone else (like to put LT+ in this package).

btw do we know if the remixes were made only with the instrumentals and acapellas?

Save for Mike and Rick's remixes, that's probably the case. "Remixing" to most people these days amounts to creating a new instrumental track from scratch and slapping the acapella over the top of it...you wouldn't believe the amount of bitching I saw during the Lost in the Echo remix contest. "USING THE ORIGINAL SYNTH HOOK IN A REMIX IS SUPER CHEAP" and other shit like that. I had numerous people tell me my entry "shouldn't even qualify as a remix" because I used some of the original instrumental stems. No idea what the fuck happened with the remixing community, but I don't like it one bit.

I'm not sure about that. Living Things Instrumentals & Acapellas released in September 2012, so how did they knew they'll get good remixes for this release? And Steve Aoki collaboration is a new thing as well. Unless they thought about someone else (like to put LT+ in this package).

Who said they even got good remixes at all? Have you heard the shit from the remix subscription?

My point is that they probably had this planned regardless of whether or not they would get "good" remixes, because a band as big and deeply tied into remixing as LP is guaranteed to at least get some gems for a remix package. They banked on that, so they held off on putting together an LT deluxe box until this year.

That or they had to wait for manufacturing purposes or something. I don't know.

Remember how Mike asked last year what style he should make a remix? So he probably did his remixes last year around the time the first few remixes came out. Maybe they had it already planned back then.

I don't know when we heard about Recharged for the first time but it could have been easily in development in mid 2012. But it wouldn't surprise me if the whole album repackage idea with the Aoki song came together later on.

I actually like all the remixes and ALTNC. I think Recharged will be awesome!!

I agree. The only one I'm not genuinely happy to hear/own is the BID remix. That's just my personal opinion. Wasn't really impressed with the RU remix either lol. The 2 songs that got 2 remixes each though, they happen to be probably my favorite LT tracks. Also excited to hear the Rick Rubin reboot of ALTNC. I'm really curious to know which direction he takes it in. If he makes it have more of a rock edge than the original that would be pretty awesome. I have faith that this will go down a great remix album.

Remember how Mike asked last year what style he should make a remix? So he probably did his remixes last year around the time the first few remixes came out. Maybe they had it already planned back then.

I don't know when we heard about Recharged for the first time but it could have been easily in development in mid 2012. But it wouldn't surprise me if the whole album repackage idea with the Aoki song came together later on.

After Reanimation I told many people I would never put together another album of remixes…but as I began to hear all the amazing reinterpretations of LIVING THINGS, I had to change my mind.

He change his mind just after he heard "all the amazing reinterpretations", and before the instrumnetals and acapellas released all the official remixes released as bonus tracks for LT. So this release is a new idea, but we don't know how much new.

I am most curious about the Rick reboot atm.

Me too.

I agree. The only one I'm not genuinely happy to hear/own is the BID remix. That's just my personal opinion. Wasn't really impressed with the RU remix either lol. The 2 songs that got 2 remixes each though, they happen to be probably my favorite LT tracks. Also excited to hear the Rick Rubin reboot of ALTNC. I'm really curious to know which direction he takes it in. If he makes it have more of a rock edge than the original that would be pretty awesome. I have faith that this will go down a great remix album.

Out of all the BID remixes, I liked the Swoon remix the best, actually. We had way too many BID remixes, I'm glad they only picked one BID remix. I don't count the Paul Van Dyk remix because it's a bonus track if you order the CD through lp.com. It's not officially on the album.