New Linkin Park Remix Album: "RECHARGED"

Stranger

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, those little imperfections are what I love about LP sometimes. I loved that part of RU. Music doesn't always have to be 100% polished and perfect. A lot of the vocals on MTM weren't pitch perfect and they did that on purpose. I love when you can hear a crack in the singer's voice, etc.

I sometimes like music like that too. If you listen to The Messenger, you can hear a chair sqweeking at the end of the track. However, its not really my point. My point is that I don't think it was left in purposely. I think they missed it because they didn't focus or polish the track/album as they normally would.

Little things like that, shorter touring cycles, weak music videos, not delivering on promises (LT remixes) and other stuff makes me feel like they don't care so much anymore.

I agree with you on this, very interesting point. Somewhat off-topic, but what do you guys think was a bigger risk? MTM or ATS? They both were very different from their ''sound'' and they both have different aspects to it. MTM was very different, most of the songs. ATS was different as well, but had some of the key elements, like rapping and electro stuff. Idk. I think HHH was the most ''wtf'' moment for me that I wouldn't expect on a LP album. Lol.

ATS was the biggest risk in my opinion. MTM still had BIO, WID, NMS, GU. ATS tossed all normal stuff aside and they made a concept album. The Catalyst as the first single was CRAZY. People were like "WTF". Even I was like what the hell is this. The listening party reactions were crazy too. Blackout is hugely electronic. Wretches pretty much too. It was just a really different album for them. The Messenger was acoustic, they had interludes throughout the album, the first song wasn't until 3 tracks in, WTCFM was a damn African tribal war dance anthem lol. Besides WFTE which was the most successful song on the album, it was a huge departure for LP and a bigger risk. Chester even said people either loved it or hated it, there was no in between.

Maybe because of that, they made LT. LT is the most rushed album I've heard from LP and it really shows in the final product. I hope they take their time for the next CD. Even with the sad lack of touring for the albums now, I'd rather them take 2 years and make a CD I'll play every week versus take less than 1 year and make a CD that I'll say sucks. ATS came off as weird as hell but it was flawless.

Well the new album should be coming along nicely as the band haven't bothered to tour this album (even though they promised a UK tour), haven't put any effort into this crappy album, so they have had tons of time to do nothing but record new music.

The band love to slip out stuff out inbetween releases and I guess they didn't want to do any work cause they are busy making awesome new music for the awesome new album, so instead we have this bs.

They better be careful though, they do this to keep there name out there, but if they keep releasing crap like this, there name will become mud. They have already turned a lot of people off, sloppiness has it's price.

Edited by Smarky

Skipees, make a "Imperfections in Linkin Park songs"-list!

Actually I agree with them both, I don't think everything should be mega-polished, but I do think they were lazy/sloppy/hurry with Living Things.

It's better to wait and get great album than actually get album every 18 months.

I understand when people complains about LT, but not the ones that complains about Recharged sound. This remix album came from nowhere, the tracklist with the remixers/guests wasn't a secret so everyone could guess how it's gonna sound like (okay, except ALTNC Reboot lol). It's not like people sat and waited for this for a long time without to know nothing. This is a remix album or even niche-remix album, if you like it - listen, if don't so don't. It's like there are people who listen to the studio albums and never to the live albums, so the band should stop from releasing live albums? no.

There's no such a thing custom-artist, people should stop the expect to get what they want from the musicians. Especially Linkin Park, which everytime sit on another style for a while. Nothing surprising to be honest. Even if the band will make tomorrow samba EP it's not a surprise. This is what cool in their music, they just do whatever they want - ATS is the best example.

There are a few bands that have the guts to release the ALTNC Reboot on EDM/Dance/*word*step/whatever album.

Maybe because of that, they made LT. LT is the most rushed album I've heard from LP and it really shows in the final product. I hope they take their time for the next CD. Even with the sad lack of touring for the albums now, I'd rather them take 2 years and make a CD I'll play every week versus take less than 1 year and make a CD that I'll say sucks. ATS came off as weird as hell but it was flawless.

I agree.. LT was definitely rushed, at least it seemed like that to me. I did like LT, it just wasn't my favorite LP album to date. I think LP works better when they aren't rushed and they take their sweet time. I wish LP took some time off after this summer and worked on other projects for a while (STP, new FM) and then came back and made a new album, very similar to what they did in 2005 and then MTM. I really want that long of a wait, but the music might be better because of it. Idk. I think they are rushing with this new album, once again. I hope it doesn't suffer because of it..

ATS was the biggest risk in my opinion. MTM still had BIO, WID, NMS, GU. ATS tossed all normal stuff aside and they made a concept album.

I think the only real risk they took with MTM was not to release a carbon copy of HT and Meteora. WID for example was still a standard LP formula song imo.

Like you said, ATS with The Catalyst was the real game changer. When the stems of Catalyst were released no one could imagine what the song is supposed to sound like.

For Living Things being so rushed I think it's still a solid record.

I remember Chester saying on the Making Of Meteora "They're deadline performers".

With Linkin Park releasing RECHARGED, gives them bit more time to focus on creating their next album

On another note: I hope Linkin Park will released A Light That Never Comes acapella.

I'm dying to remix it.

there's also a Steve Aoki Remix for ALTNC...

I wonder why we didn't get this one, yet.

That remix is actually by twoloud.

I remember Chester saying on the Making Of Meteora "They're deadline performers".

With Linkin Park releasing RECHARGED, gives them bit more time to focus on creating their next album

On another note: I hope Linkin Park will released A Light That Never Comes acapella.

I'm dying to remix it.

There's going to be a remix contest for ALTNC at some point through Dell's "Surface Remix" project.

With Mike's verse that's in SKIN TO BONE, there is no excuse at all from the band to put out another terrible song like BURN IT DOWN, EVER again.

I see your point, but BID seems to be a radio song to me. To me, that song says "I was written and recorded with the intent of being on mainstream radio."

I wrote this post two months before we knew about Recharged, and now it's even more relevant:

another thing.. when LT instrumentals and acapellas released, it was so weird because the band never released nothing from the studio albums. it makes me think that maybe they're doing it because they want a lot of remixes, because they think the final product is not satisfy them, us or both, so they let other people to improve it.

besides that, LT have 17(!) official remixes (three version of Paul Van Dyk and two of Killsonic makes it 14), most of them released in the six months after the album was released..

Which songs has new verses? IBG, STB and RU - The original songs never played live.

Which songs has two remixes? - IBG and UIB - Again, the original songs never played live.

I don't think they will play these four ever. Powerless is still a big question mark.

I thought with the band filming the POWERLESS video in Berlin for the movie and therefore semi-rehearsing/fake playing it for that, they'd at least attempt it on the Honda Civic Tour. Guess not.

Could be easily the replacement of the Ballad Medley in part of the shows.

Well, half of it is listenable. No idea what happened in the middle, weak. If there hadn't have been anything from Mike on there then I don't think this release would have floated at all.

What amazes me is that this has been released, with 2 mixes for 4 songs, when there's stuff out there by fans which blows some of it out of the water. IMO they'd have done well to put a remix for each track on there a la Reanimation, hell, look at Reliving Things that LPA put out for example. Perhaps some of the tracks aren't to the same calibre or polish of those on Recharged but it's a better album for it. And I'd listen to that one from start to finish any day over Recharged.

Will I buy Recharged, most probably. Will I wait for a sale price? Yes.

Edited by Sukotto